Tattoos yes or no?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

What do you think of tattoos

Great on both
10%
OK on men
5%
OK on women
2%
Horrible on men, OK on women
No votes
Horrible on women OK on men
12%
Only professional ones
19%
Only hidden areas
10%
Just horrid
29%
Wouldn't have one myself thanks, OK on others
14%

Total votes: 42

DB10GOONER

Re: Tattoos yes or no?

Post by DB10GOONER »

Top Londoner wrote:
REB wrote:your getting old now alan so maybe too much pain for you to get another tattoo :mrgreen:

this is my latest one , Image

I like it a lot.
Shouldn't 4 be IV though?

:oops:

WENGER OUT

Great spot! It should be.

REB

Post by REB »

I never noticed that .

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

REB wrote::D :D

sadl;y no cock pic :D but did get a koi, artist put in on free hand and then 3 sittings and 6 hours later this :mrgreen:

I'm not into tats but I do understand people inking themselves with things that mean a lot to them, so the Arsenal tat makes perfect sense (and it's awesome!) 8)

But... I have to ask... why a fish? :oops: :lol:

I've heard they give great head :wink:

REB

Post by REB »

Just wanted a koi fish tattoo tbh.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Fish/Koi specifically are very common in oriental tattoo art, and Japanese tattoo art in particular. The symbolised meaning can vary from Courage/intelligence/fortune/remembrance/strength etc.

Basically, the meaning is largely irrelevant now; most get them because they like the look of them. I have one as part of a full sleeve and they allow for a large variation in colours/patterns and the tail can wrap around other designs in keeping with it, i.e. water, lilies, dragon, whatever-the-fuck.

My fish is by far my favourite tat.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

REB wrote:Just wanted a koi fish tattoo tbh.
Ah, ok. I assumed there'd be a reason tbh... are you at least a Pisces? :rubchin: :lol:

It's the entire back of your lower leg like. Every time you wear shorts an endless number of people will see it and come to the conclusion that you really like fish :lol: for some reason, I find that quite amusing :oops: :lol:

REB

Post by REB »

Have a phoenix on my arm and countless flowers plus my family crest, my daughters name and dates of birth and the wife's name and date we got married plus a saint Christopher so it's a mixture , lots of girls compliment me on my legs when they see the koi :D :D

REB

Post by REB »

officepest wrote:Fish/Koi specifically are very common in oriental tattoo art, and Japanese tattoo art in particular. The symbolised meaning can vary from Courage/intelligence/fortune/remembrance/strength etc.

Basically, the meaning is largely irrelevant now; most get them because they like the look of them. I have one as part of a full sleeve and they allow for a large variation in colours/patterns and the tail can wrap around other designs in keeping with it, i.e. water, lilies, dragon, whatever-the-fuck.

My fish is by far my favourite tat.
. I love my koi as well :|

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

REB wrote:Have a phoenix on my arm and countless flowers plus my family crest, my daughters name and dates of birth and the wife's name and date we got married plus a saint Christopher so it's a mixture , lots of girls compliment me on my legs when they see the koi :D :D
:rubchin:

I'll get one tomorrow :D I've not got a lot of girth in the leg department though so I may have to substitute a koi for an eel :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

:D :D

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Surely one tattoo of the Saint would have been enough Image

REB

Post by REB »

The saint is so 70s :D

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

REB wrote:The saint is so 70s :D

Also the gayest tat i have ever seen :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

corkbarry wrote:
REB wrote:The saint is so 70s :D

Also the gayest tat i have ever seen :D
That Saint tat was a gang/prison tat in Dublin - particularly in the 80's and 90's. That and the tear under the eye, the dots on the knuckles, the swift on the neck. The amount of hardman arseholes you see in Dublin with those... :roll: :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

There are certain cultures that say when someone has a tattoo imprinted into the skin, over time it seeps into the spirit and soul...which is why/how tattoo's first came into being - they were intended to set one apart and to assist in bringing 'Power' to that individual or group of people....Warriors/Holy Men/Women etc - The power of the symbol, sigil, or animal, plant tattooed on the body would lend its 'favour' to that individual.

edit: Maybe we should all get the images of the Prem Title Trophy and CL trophy tattoed on us - not forgetting to make sut=re wenger and all the players do as well. :wink: