Tattoos yes or no?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

What do you think of tattoos

Great on both
10%
OK on men
5%
OK on women
2%
Horrible on men, OK on women
No votes
Horrible on women OK on men
12%
Only professional ones
19%
Only hidden areas
10%
Just horrid
29%
Wouldn't have one myself thanks, OK on others
14%

Total votes: 42

MayuYou

Re: Tattoos yes or no?

Post by MayuYou »

I think tattoo is a choice of specific person. If you like it, you can do it and don't think about other's opinion. But what I advise is to choose meaningful pic and not just smth pretty. Well of course it should be beautiful but still with some meaning just for you. For example, I like koi fish and their meaning (not that yakuza part) :D http://inkprofy.com/koi-fish-tattoo-des ... -meanings/ "Bravery and strength" - exactly what I want to show people...
What do you think, am I right?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Whever I see someone/anyone with a tattoo; and let's be honest they tend to be covered in the horrible things... I just think "There's a dumbasfuck, pea-brained oik who is trying desperately to attract attention to themselves and who should never ever be allowed to have children nor be allowed near a box of matches unless they're drenched in petrol.

:mrgreen:

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

Love the VCC one, very nice and I might steal it :)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Only got 3 letters tattooed on my wrist and my mate did it at school with Indian ink, a pointed matchstick and needle, my mum saw it and kept saying "why have you written A.F.C on your wrist?", then she saw it a few days later and said "you haven't washed for days, go and wipe that writing off now!"

A couple of days later she noticed it again and said "right, I'll scrub that writing off for you!"

A couple of minutes later after scrubbing it with a nail brush I got an almighty slap on the back of the head :lol:

I don't mind tattoos on either sex, lot less things to stress over tbf.

Globalgunner

Post by Globalgunner »

To me the female form is the most beautiful thing in Gods creation. A tattoo only puts a blemish mark on it. As people age the things just look nasty.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Hate tattoos - Hate tattoos on women even more

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I don't like them on women because it breaks thier symmetry i think. Realy dont like them on womens arms or legs or necks.

I do think some of the complex ones look good in thier own right, they just put me off a bit.

That arsenal one with clock and cannon was decent .

Maybe a sexist thing i just dont like em on women.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

That looks great but I'm tat les much to old now my 2 sons have them one got it right one got it wrong

Herd

Post by Herd »

I walked into a tattoo parlour in military road chatham aged 14 Looking well ard in my sheepskin coat , and as the old fella looked up and said next my turn had come at last .
sitting down I showed him exactly what I wanted,the old Arsenal Crest , and the tattooist patiently let me prattle on about detail etc .
Looking at me with a faintly amused grin he declared that if I was 18 he was 21 ,calmly putting down his inking pen he grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and marching me past the assembled collection of Hells Angels ,Forces types and Pikies and with a firm boot to the posterior expelled me from the premises .
The impression made on me has been lasting and I haven't set foot in a tattooist shop ever since .

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Got one on my right forearm! Despise them on women tho :x

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:
REB wrote:your getting old now alan so maybe too much pain for you to get another tattoo :mrgreen:

this is my latest one , Image

I like it a lot.
Shouldn't 4 be IV though?

:oops:

WENGER OUT

Great spot! It should be.
Turns out the Romans used both IV and IIII to denote the number 4. 8)

REB

Post by REB »

i checked it out db10 and most clocks did indeed use the IIII and not IV. .

Herd

Post by Herd »

Forearm tattoos can be a drag in later years !
In the late 70's early 80's it was extremely popular with lads over the spurs to have their bird and ball on it.
Ive even seen them roll their sleeves up in court just to let the judge see how much of a simpleton they are.
Now as we get older we expand a bit so imagine what that does to a tattoo.
When I used to take my kids to the Pool in Broxbourne which is prime spurts country we came across these men often .
the bird has a beer belly its owner and the ball is flat .I was pretty fit when my 2 oldest boys were small so I used to take the piss .
Bet your glad you had that done or I know a good tattoo remover mate ,I loved it !
I see more eastern european ones at the baths nowadays some are quite scary !

Herd

Post by Herd »

Herd wrote:Forearm tattoos can be a drag in later years !
In the late 70's early 80's it was extremely popular with lads over the spurs to have their bird and ball on it.
Ive even seen them roll their sleeves up in court just to let the judge see how much of a simpleton they are.
Now as we get older we expand a bit so imagine what that does to a tattoo.
When I used to take my kids to the Pool in Broxbourne which is prime spurts country we came across these men often .
the bird has a beer belly like its owner and the ball is flat .I was pretty fit when my 2 oldest boys were small so I used to take the piss .
Bet your glad you had that done or I know a good tattoo remover mate ,I loved it !
I see more eastern european ones at the baths nowadays some are quite scary !

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I know what you mean about how they look when things expand.

I have one on my cock that reads WENDY. When I get a hard on it says WElcome to heaven, have a Nice DaY

:lol: