NFL 2015/2016

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Number 5

Re: NFL 2015/2016

Post by Number 5 »

And Ray Lewis.

No one in the league ever has a bad word to say about him. He’s totally bulletproof.

Shame the poor guy at the club didn’t have any kind of outer armour to help protect him.

Tainted legacy for sure :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Number 5 wrote:I watch more NFL than PL these days. It's so awesome.

Defensive players seem to be getting freakishly faster bigger and stronger every year. Expect big seasons from Von Miller and Kalil Mack.

Everyone will point to JJ Watt when he is healthy but for the uninitiated, or anyone just returning to watch for a few games, look out for Luke Keuchly who plays for Carolina.

Best player in the game. Bar none. 8)

Same as that 8) Normally there are 5-6 live games on English tv in a week, and I will almost always record all of them and watch them as the week goes on - these days if I watch even one live non Arsenal game in a week, it is as much as I watch 8)

Personally I would like to see the jags do well - they have shown a commitment to playing games every season in London, and that is a real boost for all nfl fans in the uk.

Lately I downloaded ray Lewis's book on my kindle (had to download if from Spanish amazon site :x ) to read on my hols, and tbh I was disappointed with it - I was hoping for some clarification on the trouble he had at the superbowl a few years ago where a guy got stabbed to death after a party, but I didn't like his version of what happened and I certainly didn't get the view that he was not involved in the fracas :( I really liked the guy as a player, and it seems that he had a fierce determination and commitment to excelling as a pro player, so I am disappointed that the book has somewhat tainted my opinion of him
He certainly seems to be a bit of a cúnt. How much involvement he had in that fight and subsequent stabbing is debatable but he ratted his two friends out and then settled out of court with the victims families, and when asked what he'd say to those families years later he came out with this priceless shit; "God has never made a mistake. That's just who He is, you see.... To the family, if you knew, if you really knew the way God works, He don't use people who commits anything like that for His glory. No way. It's the total opposite.." :x :roll:

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref ... w.html.csp

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

God gave Eli Manning two Superbowl rings? :shock:

Sick twisted bastard. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Defensive players seem to be getting freakishly faster bigger and stronger every year. Expect big seasons from Von Miller and Kalil Mack.

Everyone will point to JJ Watt when he is healthy but for the uninitiated, or anyone just returning to watch for a few games, look out for Luke Keuchly who plays for Carolina.

Same as that 8) Normally there are 5-6 live games on English tv in a week, and I will almost always record all of them and watch them as the week goes on - these days if I watch even one live non Arsenal game in a week, it is as much as I watch 8)

Personally I would like to see the jags do well - they have shown a commitment to playing games every season in London, and that is a real boost for all nfl fans in the uk.

Lately I downloaded ray Lewis's book on my kindle (had to download if from Spanish amazon site :x ) to read on my hols, and tbh I was disappointed with it - I was hoping for some clarification on the trouble he had at the superbowl a few years ago where a guy got stabbed to death after a party, but I didn't like his version of what happened and I certainly didn't get the view that he was not involved in the fracas :( I really liked the guy as a player, and it seems that he had a fierce determination and commitment to excelling as a pro player, so I am disappointed that the book has somewhat tainted my opinion of him
He certainly seems to be a bit of a cúnt. How much involvement he had in that fight and subsequent stabbing is debatable but he ratted his two friends out and then settled out of court with the victims families, and when asked what he'd say to those families years later he came out with this priceless shit; "God has never made a mistake. That's just who He is, you see.... To the family, if you knew, if you really knew the way God works, He don't use people who commits anything like that for His glory. No way. It's the total opposite.." :x :roll:

That's the part the doesn't reflect will on him imo - granted he has a financial target on his back which might slant jurors against him, but if you are innocent why do you make a financial settlement ?? :?
Re "ratting" his two buddies out, without wishing to appear a goody two shoes, would everyone not do the same if they were the guilty one's ? :? He claims that gunshots were fired and he (and a few others) jumped into the limo and sped away without knowing about a stabbing, and his book doesn't mention anything about ratting anyone out or anyone being convicted of the murder, so all I see is a guy that was a suspect and who paid the victims family off :roll:
Have to say, and I know this mostly applies to American sports stars, but all this "praise to god for giving me this opportunity" bullshit gets right on my tits - I would venture to suggest that it is a marketing ploy for most of them, but either way I don't need to hear about your god and would prefer if you praised him on your own time thanks very much 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Number 5 wrote:Looool, I feel that we got totally boned by the NFL. They sent us the absolute worst team in the league.

Losing is a way of winning in Jacksonville :lol:

If it wasn’t for the owner, who also owns Fulham I think, we could very well have got the Cleveland Browns.

They have some hot prospects and as shit as things look for the Colts this season, they will do well to finish 3rd in the AFC South.

Tennessee and Mariota are more of a threat in my opinion. Can’t believe Tampa took Winston ahead of Mariota in the last draft. :shock:

Seriously ?? I would rate the jags as a much better team than the browns who seem to be on a continual shite/mediocre cycle - granted rg3 might take them up a level or two, but the deal to play in london was made a few years ago when johnny money was their QB, and we all know how that turned out :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

That's the part the doesn't reflect will on him imo - granted he has a financial target on his back which might slant jurors against him, but if you are innocent why do you make a financial settlement ?? :?
Re "ratting" his two buddies out, without wishing to appear a goody two shoes, would everyone not do the same if they were the guilty one's ? :? He claims that gunshots were fired and he (and a few others) jumped into the limo and sped away without knowing about a stabbing, and his book doesn't mention anything about ratting anyone out or anyone being convicted of the murder, so all I see is a guy that was a suspect and who paid the victims family off :roll:
Have to say, and I know this mostly applies to American sports stars, but all this "praise to god for giving me this opportunity" bullshit gets right on my tits - I would venture to suggest that it is a marketing ploy for most of them, but either way I don't need to hear about your god and would prefer if you praised him on your own time thanks very much 8)
Didn't he negotiate a plea deal with the DA where the murder charges against him were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against his two friends? That's ratting to me - if he was involved in the murders. If he was totally innocent and his two friends just upped and murdered the two punters then he did the right thing shopping them - but there seems to be a groundswell of opinion that he was a lot more involved than he claims and if that is true then he tried to sacrifice his friends to save himself.

Also sick to my hole of sports stars (and unfortunately it does seem to be mostly US stars) playing the God card... :oops: :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Didn't he negotiate a plea deal with the DA where the murder charges against him were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against his two friends? That's ratting to me - if he was involved in the murders. If he was totally innocent and his two friends just upped and murdered the two punters then he did the right thing shopping them - but there seems to be a groundswell of opinion that he was a lot more involved than he claims and if that is true then he tried to sacrifice his friends to save himself.

Also sick to my hole of sports stars (and unfortunately it does seem to be mostly US stars) playing the God card... :oops: :roll:

As I said DB10, I wasn't aware of the ratting out/cutting a deal with the DA story, but it certainly doesn't sound right that he would come to a financial settlement with the family IF he was innocent :roll: He also suggested that there was racist angle to his arrest and that always pisses me off - he was arrested cos he was there, cos his buddies were involved, and because he left the scene of the crime and none of that suggests innocence to me

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Any and all sportspeople who play the God card are selfish crunts.

If they were really religious they'd be praying for a cure to cancer or world peace, but instead these privileged, mega-rich prats ask God to help them have a good game.

Not sure that should really be God's priority.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

The Jags should actually be pretty good this year, expect them to compete for that division.

My life as a sport fan is depressing right now. Arsenal, need I say more. Chicago Bears are fucking bad. Bulls are mediocre. Cubs are best team in baseball but I'm not a big baseball fan.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

If I had to put money on it right now, I'd say top 4 teams are Green Bay Packers and Arizona Cardinals in the NFC and New England Patriots and New York Jets in the AFC.

augie

Post by augie »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:If I had to put money on it right now, I'd say top 4 teams are Green Bay Packers and Arizona Cardinals in the NFC and New England Patriots and New York Jets in the AFC.

The jets ?? With ryan Fitzpatrick at QB ?? Are you mad ?? :shock: No mention of seahawks or panthers ? :o

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

augie wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:If I had to put money on it right now, I'd say top 4 teams are Green Bay Packers and Arizona Cardinals in the NFC and New England Patriots and New York Jets in the AFC.

The jets ?? With ryan Fitzpatrick at QB ?? Are you mad ?? :shock: No mention of seahawks or panthers ? :o
Fitzmagic. 8)

Seahawks and Panthers are both in the NFC, along with Arizona and Green Bay. I’d rank Carolina at the top of the tree just for being so strong on both sides of the ball. Green Bay are the weakest of the four I think but they do boast the best QB, I wouldn’t rule out a team QB’d by Aaron Rodgers out of anything. And who doesn’t love Arizona or Bruce Arians, the guy is a legend.

Jets and Patriots are not only both in the AFC but also in the same division so one of them will have to come through on a Wildcard. I genuinely don’t think the AFC has looked this weak for a long long time, so its such a surprise to see that AFC teams have won the last two Superbowls.

Can’t see Denver repeating because their QB issues are quite frankly a joke after being so strong and everyone else really has to step up like mad to become a contender. Maybe Pittsburgh? After that its really hard to see any AFC team getting more than 11 wins.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

augie wrote:

Fitz is good enough to win with. We saw last year you don't need to have a pro bowl QB to win if your defense is top notch. Jets have a great D, and they have great pieces on offense with my boy Forte and Brandon Marshall.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
augie wrote:

Fitz is good enough to win with. We saw last year you don't need to have a pro bowl QB to win if your defense is top notch. Jets have a great D, and they have great pieces on offense with my boy Forte and Brandon Marshall.
You called your son "Forte"??!! :shock: What the fuck were you thinking? :oops:

:-P :wink:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

DB10GOONER wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
augie wrote:

You called your son "Forte"??!! :shock: What the fuck were you thinking? :oops:

:-P :wink:
haha. no but i did name my fantasy team Fortes and Blounts :-P