NFL 2015/2016

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

NFL 2015/2016

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

So the season starts tomorrow night, Pats v Steelers. I know some of you Irish gooners are fans, so why not have a thread for anything NFL related eh?

OneBardGooner

Re: NFL 2015/2016

Post by OneBardGooner »

:gayflag: :gayflag: :gayflag:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

I have a soft spot for the 49ers, dating back to the early 1980's, and also John Elway at The Broncos.
Not in a gay way OBG.

Who would you suggest having a punt on, for an outside bet YGD.?

WENGER OUT

augie

Post by augie »

In an ideal world the Dolphins would beat all before them, but seeing as that aint going to happen ( :roll: ), I would like to see either the ravens, giants or seahawks win the superbowl - defence, as they say, wins superbowls, and over the last decade or so those teams have had outstanding defences and I loved the attitude that the ravens D brought to every game especially Ray Lewis, T Suggs and Ed Reed 8)

On the flip side there are a few teams that I really dislike and dont want to see win another superbowl......step forward dallas cowboys and new england patriots - the cowboys are an arrogant shower of w.nkers (america's team my bollox :x ) and jerry jones is a dickhead :roll: However my hatred of the cowboys pales into significance to my hatred of the patriots - this is a team that has been caught cheating and manipulating rules sooo many times (deflategate just the latest episode) and bellicheck is the moaninho of the nfl :evil: :evil: :evil:
Have to say that, as a brett favre fan, I find the wankathon over aaron rodgers to be nauseating - I could QB that receiving group :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote: Have to say that, as a brett favre fan, I find the wankathon over aaron rodgers to be nauseating - I could QB that receiving group :roll:
:gayflag:

Holy fucking Jesus, I'm sorry if this offends Chippy and his new gay mates :wink: but that is the gayest thing I've ever read ever! :shock:

:wink: :wink:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Patriots lost a lot of good defensive players. Of course they still have Brady and Belichek but not so sure they will be back.

Strong bet is on the Seahawks again, with an outside shot on the Colts, Packers, or Steelers (when they get healthy).

Also if you are able to, you should watch/download this season's episodes of Hard Knocks. They follow the Texans, and their coach is hilarious and JJ Watt is a beast.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Patriots lost a lot of good defensive players. Of course they still have Brady and Belichek but not so sure they will be back.

Strong bet is on the Seahawks again, with an outside shot on the Colts, Packers, or Steelers (when they get healthy).

Also if you are able to, you should watch/download this season's episodes of Hard Knocks. They follow the Texans, and their coach is hilarious and JJ Watt is a beast.
We only lost players in our secondary. The linebacking corps, with Mayo returning, is among the best in the league. The defensive line is again strong and I expect Chandler Jones to really emerge as a top-10 defensive player in the league this season.

We'll comfortably win our division and likely make the AFC Championship. I doubt we will repeat.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Got tickets to see the mighty JETS play a team of fish at Wembley can't wait :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

armchair

Post by armchair »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote: Have to say that, as a brett favre fan, I find the wankathon over aaron rodgers to be nauseating - I could QB that receiving group :roll:
:gayflag:

Holy fucking Jesus, I'm sorry if this offends Chippy and his new gay mates :wink: but that is the gayest thing I've ever read ever! :shock:

:wink: :wink:
Must be written in some new, weird gay code lingo cause I couldn't understand a fukin word of it. :oops:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

I have noticed that there are a few NFL fans on the forum and instead of creating a new thread thought would just bump this one in view of the new season a couple of weeks away?

I am a Seahawks fan on the basis that I spent a month or so in Seattle more than a decade ago (stood outside what was then Q West Field, now obviously Century Link field, also follow the Mariners in the MLB, but I digress!)

Loved the white hot streak the Seahawks went on toward the end of the regular season but was obviously disappointed not to make it past the Panthers in the playoffs but they were quite the irresistable force with Newton, Olson etc. Anyone else think Cam Newton is a bit of a nob? :D

I am very optimistic about the Seahawks this time around again but also see big threats from the Panthers once more (although doubt it will be another 15-1), a revived Packers with Jordy Nelson back? Steelers look a threat too.

Anyone going to the games in London?

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

When there is action on the field I like American Football, but I can't put up with the interminable periods where nothing is happening.

3 hours to watch a one hour game is too much.

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

I watch more NFL than PL these days. It's so awesome.

Defensive players seem to be getting freakishly faster bigger and stronger every year. Expect big seasons from Von Miller and Kalil Mack.

Everyone will point to JJ Watt when he is healthy but for the uninitiated, or anyone just returning to watch for a few games, look out for Luke Keuchly who plays for Carolina.

Best player in the game. Bar none. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I can only watch 30 min highlights packages of throw ball - the entire 3-4 hour "experience" is dullness beyond belief... :|

Was a bit of a LA Raiders fan back when Todd Christensen and Marcus Allen were there in the 80's but it was never more than a passing interest for me...

augie

Post by augie »

Number 5 wrote:I watch more NFL than PL these days. It's so awesome.

Defensive players seem to be getting freakishly faster bigger and stronger every year. Expect big seasons from Von Miller and Kalil Mack.

Everyone will point to JJ Watt when he is healthy but for the uninitiated, or anyone just returning to watch for a few games, look out for Luke Keuchly who plays for Carolina.

Best player in the game. Bar none. 8)

Same as that 8) Normally there are 5-6 live games on English tv in a week, and I will almost always record all of them and watch them as the week goes on - these days if I watch even one live non Arsenal game in a week, it is as much as I watch 8)

Personally I would like to see the jags do well - they have shown a commitment to playing games every season in London, and that is a real boost for all nfl fans in the uk.

Lately I downloaded ray Lewis's book on my kindle (had to download if from Spanish amazon site :x ) to read on my hols, and tbh I was disappointed with it - I was hoping for some clarification on the trouble he had at the superbowl a few years ago where a guy got stabbed to death after a party, but I didn't like his version of what happened and I certainly didn't get the view that he was not involved in the fracas :( I really liked the guy as a player, and it seems that he had a fierce determination and commitment to excelling as a pro player, so I am disappointed that the book has somewhat tainted my opinion of him

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Looool, I feel that we got totally boned by the NFL. They sent us the absolute worst team in the league.

Losing is a way of winning in Jacksonville :lol:

If it wasn’t for the owner, who also owns Fulham I think, we could very well have got the Cleveland Browns.

They have some hot prospects and as shit as things look for the Colts this season, they will do well to finish 3rd in the AFC South.

Tennessee and Mariota are more of a threat in my opinion. Can’t believe Tampa took Winston ahead of Mariota in the last draft. :shock: