NFL 2015/2016

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: NFL 2015/2016

Post by DB10GOONER »

Red Snapper wrote:I got interested in American "football" in the 80's when channel 4 showed highlights every Sunday (a week behind!) and I liked the Bears and the 49ers. Bought the shirts when I visited the US. I lost a lot of interest when they started showing live games and we realised that most of the several hours it took was spent in committee meetings, showing tv commercials or having three blokes explain what we'd just seen. Still prefer it to rugby though!

I still can't get the concept of an ineligible receiver. Why is he even on the pitch/field if he can't have the ball?
Yeah it's boring as fuck. I can enjoy a ten or fifteen minute highlights clip of a game but the full live 3 to 4 hours of horseshite, stoppages, stats rubbish? Fuck that. :roll: :yawn:

Still, it's not as shit, boring and gay as rugby. But then, nothing is. :D 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:Fucking Denver are dreadful this year!!!!!!

At their current performance level they won't meven make the play-offs.
When was the last time the reigning Super Bowl Champions didn't make the play-offs the following season?
You wanna try being a Jets fan mate :cry: :cry: :cry:

Or the dolphins - those c.unts go on a great winning run every year but just when us fans get our hopes up, the b*stards get an absolute thrashing like they did last weekend v the ravens :oops: :oops:

At this stage I am just praying that the patriots or cowboys don't win it - I hate that cuntbag bellichek and his moaninho like arrogance, and all this "America's team" bullshit from dallas really pisses me off :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored:
But augie, they are America's Team. :barscarf: :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

Its true that on its own American football can be quite boring but as with ugly woman thats what alchohol was invented for !
Its a social game u get in a pub and get pissed whilst watching ,theres plenty of time to piss /shit/smoke and not miss a second ,and even if your drunk you see a thousand re runs so u dont lose track ! It's ready made for Americans .
Going to a match is less of a gig but the real nutcase fans like the Jets n Steelers are always pissed whilst watching and it can be fun .
Monday night football can be a hoot , I went to the Jets - Buffalo game now known as the pumpkin game circa 88 .
It seemed that Everybody at the game was loaded with booze and as the Jets went 24-0 down in the 1st Qtr people lost interest in the game and got even more pissed in the bars . Then a Giant pumpkin appeared and it went round the crowd like a mexican wave ,when it fell onto the field a steward took it away and the crowd rioted burning the free paper jet hats we'd been given and beating the shit out of every steward in sight . they brought the pumpkin back but the damage had been done ,fires had been lit and the crowd start ripping the seats out .
ALL sober or well behaved peoples had left the stadium now ,and no-one had the slightest interest in the game .
It was without doubt the largest civil commotion I have ever seen and I laughed untill I nearly shat. I know its wrong but I love a good riot as long as no one gets seriously injured or terrorised im all for it ! As a result they brought in new rules on booze and they called it a disgrace etc etc but in a week or two it had been forgotten about .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The team I used to kinda support when they were in LA, the Raiders, are applying to move from Oakland California to Las Vegas! :shock: :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:The team I used to kinda support when they were in LA, the Raiders, are applying to move from Oakland California to Las Vegas! :shock: :banghead:
i saw that too :roll:

Also the Jets owner is now US ambassador to the UK :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:The team I used to kinda support when they were in LA, the Raiders, are applying to move from Oakland California to Las Vegas! :shock: :banghead:

Could you imagine Arsenal upping sticks and moving to... I dunno, maybe Birmingham or Edinburgh... :shock:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

Could you imagine Arsenal upping sticks and moving to... I dunno, maybe Birmingham or Edinburgh... :shock:
its disgusting but the worrying thing is i could, if there was enough cash being thrown about the club would sell its soul to anyone :?