Rugby World Cup 2015

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Bradywasking

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:Well, I can report there were a lot of glum looking homosexuals and bandwagon jumpers in Dublin this morning.

I wonder why? :rubchin:

:lol:
On Sunday morning the Irish Independent ran the cheesiest cringworthy story about the "foot soldiers" of the "Green Army " making their way to Cardiff to relive those already there. Today the same paper runs a story about why "we deserve to be a second tier country"
DB 10 don't worry too much about the bandwagoners, they will have a new shiny object along anytime soon.
Also any "Oirish fan" who wore a leprechaun outfit during this tournament should be arrested on re entering Ireland for disgracing themselves and their nation.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

These foot soldiers were streaming out of the ground in their thousands whilst the game was still going on. Still, rugby fans wouldn't do something like that and being the upstanding individuals they are would definitely stay to applaud a team who ran over 40 points playing some great rugby.

French fans booed their team on Saturday too - glad to see that transcends sports :lol:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

But real fans have patience :lol:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Nigel should be given the final. No way should Joubert be allowed due to his unsporting behaviour. Barnes - well Barnes is primary school level at best. Absolutely detest the man. Not because of saturday its a long standing feeling bordering on hatred. Fucking amateur

Richie McCaw on Barnes.

"I don't blame Barnes, but I do blame the people who appointed the most inexperienced referee on the roster to a RWC quarterfinal between the hosts and the favourites. I thought both teams deserved a referee with experience," McCaw said in his book.

"My beef isn't with Barnes so much as with his inexperience. This was Barnes' biggest game by far. On the big stage, an inexperienced referee is likely to become so afraid of making a mistake that he stops making any decisions at all.

"By the end of it, I thought Barnes was frozen with fear and wouldn't make any big calls."

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

storrmin571 wrote:Nigel should be given the final. No way should Joubert be allowed due to his unsporting behaviour. Barnes - well Barnes is primary school level at best. Absolutely detest the man. Not because of saturday its a long standing feeling bordering on hatred. Fucking amateur

Richie McCaw on Barnes.

"I don't blame Barnes, but I do blame the people who appointed the most inexperienced referee on the roster to a RWC quarterfinal between the hosts and the favourites. I thought both teams deserved a referee with experience," McCaw said in his book.

"My beef isn't with Barnes so much as with his inexperience. This was Barnes' biggest game by far. On the big stage, an inexperienced referee is likely to become so afraid of making a mistake that he stops making any decisions at all.

"By the end of it, I thought Barnes was frozen with fear and wouldn't make any big calls."

Let's be fair mate, Richie MaCaw is unhappy with anyone refing the game other than himself :lol: That's why it was a shock to see him sin binned in one of te earlier games and the game go on without a ref :shock: :D

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

When a mans gotta go hes gotta go. The TMO ref was having trouble accessing the web at the time and the ref had eaten a bit of the same frogs leg at half time and had to rush off at the end, obvious isnt it

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Apparently at least one bottle was thrown at Joubert, as reported by NZ & Aus media. Still, nice to see our media thinking that rugby fans would behave like thugs. Just like if there were scenes at a football game like this year's Wales v England game the media would savage the football hooligans; yet it is just part of the passion of rugby fans :roll:

Owens will get the final which is spot on - he's the only bloke who will ignore McCaw - or even better "now Richard, you leave the refereeing to me and I'll leave the rugby to you". Owens is a funny bloke and he knows it, but he is able to fit in these quips and jibes without making the game about him.

Wayne Barnes getting a semi-final is a joke. The bloke was appalling for SA v Wales and is completely incompetent; the only reason he is even at the WC is because there aren't any other decent refs from England.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Apparently the bottle was thrown by a player. World Rugby have basically said Joubert is wrong.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

storrmin571 wrote:Apparently the bottle was thrown by a player. World Rugby have basically said Joubert is wrong.
Which he was but I don't remember anybody claiming it was the wrong decision in real time and slo Mo replays have completely distorted it. He had to make a split second call and it was the one nearly everybody would have made.

For me the bigger mistake was the previous scrum. The whole thing collapsed and was an absolutely blatant penalty one way or the other which would have decided the game (being either crucial 3 pts for aus or allowing Scotland to lump it down the pitch and run the clock down with pick and drives) and he refused to give it either way and made them pick the ball out of the rubble.

As unfortunate as it was for Scotland it's about executing the right skills at the key times. Wales didn't against Aus last week, SA did against Wales and Scotland overthrew a line out which they should have thrown to the front and then put the ball into the heavens.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

storrmin571 wrote:Apparently the bottle was thrown by a player. World Rugby have basically said Joubert is wrong.
Which he was but I don't remember anybody claiming it was the wrong decision in real time and slo Mo replays have completely distorted it. He had to make a split second call and it was the one nearly everybody would have made.

For me the bigger mistake was the previous scrum. The whole thing collapsed and was an absolutely blatant penalty one way or the other which would have decided the game (being either crucial 3 pts for aus or allowing Scotland to lump it down the pitch and run the clock down with pick and drives) and he refused to give it either way and made them pick the ball out of the rubble.

As unfortunate as it was for Scotland it's about executing the right skills at the key times. Wales didn't against Aus last week, SA did against Wales and Scotland overthrew a line out which they should have thrown to the front and then put the ball into the heavens (not to mention then overcooking the restart which was criminal).

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Speaking of Joubert, has anyone actually seen him since he sprinted off the pitch? :?

I guess the assumption is that he ran to his dressing room and hid behind the shower curtain until everyone had gone home but I like to think he kept running... out the door, down the road and across the county and has now become a modern day Forrest Gump. No doubt once he's reached the east coast, he'll turn road and head west....

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Apart from this episode the officials have been good.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Bradywasking wrote: Also any "Oirish fan" who wore a leprechaun outfit during this tournament should be arrested on re entering Ireland for disgracing themselves and their nation.
Its all very cringeworthy but entirely due to the TV camera picking up these ultra wierdos for 2 seconds of world fame. Others go onto the X factor. When we played Cardiff 2 years ago it was an internull afternoon as well (Half the Cardiff fans left early to attend both :lol: ) the number of wierd dressed gladiators and Dragons around was mad. Surprised they werent arrested just for being them TBH. One day soon the TV cameras will be needing to pick out normally dressed people as there will only be one or two left like that

When young and living in Cardiff all the fans did was wear leeks on their lapels- stunkthe whole of Queen St and Westgate Street out- better than the French with their pesky crappy cockerells every where mind :|

Those days I could watch some of the game from a mates flat in Westgate Street before the Milennium went up :twisted: :barscarf: As an Englishman though it was a depressing experience mind :oops: :banghead:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Close semi between SA and NZ. Can NZ win back to back world cups, never been done before

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

That was a struggle. I'd call a Argentina surprise win tomorrow. Got a feeling.