Now they show their true colours

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
olgitgooner

Re: Now they show their true colours

Post by olgitgooner »

the playing mantis wrote:we should have backed assad from the start. its proven countless times middle eastern and arab countries go to shit and pose far greater danger to the west if the strongman who may be a nasty bastard and terrorise sections of his own nation, but at least keeps a decent level of order and quality of life and stability for the rest, and thus stops all these migration and refugee crisisis...

saddam, gaddafi, morsi, assad, etc
Sadly, this is true. I have been saying this for years. Some countries are nowhere near ready for democracy. The attitudes, beliefs, and temperment of some or most citizens make sensible government impossible. Take away dictatorship. End up with anarchy. The body count goes up exponentially.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Sorry to bump an old thread. But it's as relevant today as it was then.
Concern about mass migration should not be seen as racist. That is total bollocks which is seized upon by rabid anti racist and slightly out of touch individuals. There are lots of them.
I have no problem with emigration and immigration. But it needs to be controlled. In a sensible way. By the individual countries concerned.
This latest surge of mass migration to Europe will have long lasting consequences. Individual nations will lose traditional identity which has been hundreds of years in the making.
I'm also concerned about the attitudes of new arrivals in Europe who have totally different outlooks to the existing populations. Let me give you an example. Malmo, Sweden has a Jewish population of about 1,000 people. This city is now expected to welcome 1,000 Muslims PER WEEK. Forget the niceties. Many Muslims are not at all tollerant of Jews. They hate them. I think we can all guess where this situation will be heading. I'm not anti Muslim. I'm anti religious conditioning. And I happen to believe that any immigrant in any country should abide strictly to the law of that land. Or be deported. Never to return.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

olgitgooner wrote:Sorry to bump an old thread. But it's as relevant today as it was then.
Concern about mass migration should not be seen as racist. That is total bollocks which is seized upon by rabid anti racist and slightly out of touch individuals. There are lots of them.
I have no problem with emigration and immigration. But it needs to be controlled. In a sensible way. By the individual countries concerned.
This latest surge of mass migration to Europe will have long lasting consequences. Individual nations will lose traditional identity which has been hundreds of years in the making.
I'm also concerned about the attitudes of new arrivals in Europe who have totally different outlooks to the existing populations. Let me give you an example. Malmo, Sweden has a Jewish population of about 1,000 people. This city is now expected to welcome 1,000 Muslims PER WEEK. Forget the niceties. Many Muslims are not at all tollerant of Jews. They hate them. I think we can all guess where this situation will be heading. I'm not anti Muslim. I'm anti religious conditioning. And I happen to believe that any immigrant in any country should abide strictly to the law of that land. Or be deported. Never to return.
Completely agree with everything you say their OGG, but many many people will either not see it or refuse to discuss it because they do not want to be tarred with the racist brush (btw can anyone define for me whether Islam is a race or religion these days?).

Some people fail to realise that even within certain cities in the UK there are complete no go areas for outsiders, these aren't just white/black only areas but religious exclusion areas too, it is seriously frightening that what is seen as completely unacceptable in a race concept is rarely mentioned in terms of religion within our society, many religions, not just Islam but Sikhs and Jews can be very insular too as can Christians, Buddhists and Hindus.

As with anything to do with minorities currently our ability to openly discuss these problems is hindered with the automatic conclusion jumping amongst people these days, i humbly refer to the EU referendum forum where it seems t be if you voted out then you must be a rampant racist bigot.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:Sorry to bump an old thread. But it's as relevant today as it was then.
Completely agree with everything you say their OGG, but many many people will either not see it or refuse to discuss it because they do not want to be tarred with the racist brush (btw can anyone define for me whether Islam is a race or religion these days?).

Some people fail to realise that even within certain cities in the UK there are complete no go areas for outsiders, these aren't just white/black only areas but religious exclusion areas too, it is seriously frightening that what is seen as completely unacceptable in a race concept is rarely mentioned in terms of religion within our society, many religions, not just Islam but Sikhs and Jews can be very insular too as can Christians, Buddhists and Hindus.

As with anything to do with minorities currently our ability to openly discuss these problems is hindered with the automatic conclusion jumping amongst people these days, i humbly refer to the EU referendum forum where it seems t be if you voted out then you must be a rampant racist bigot.
In the late 80's, I worked for the Labour Party at Walworth Road.
One afternoon I had an interesting chat with someone who had held a high position in both a Labour Government,and a Shadow Cabinet.
We were talking about political correctness in the "aftermath" of the G.L.C.
He predicted a lot of the issues re racial/religious enclaves,and pinpointed the cause of these issues as the pc shift from the view of our country as "multi-racial" to being seen an operated as "multi-cultural."
This allowed people/communities to almost segregate themselves,facilitated by services such as council forms and census documents etc being printed in up to 100 languages,the use of English negated by on tap interpreters,schools being encouraged away from nativity plays etc,etc,etc.
I will give one example. A couple of months ago on our local news,they did a feature on a Pakistani couple that had moved to Birmingham when they first married,(at about 16),and were about to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary.
To conduct the interview with them,the reporter had to use an interpreter.
To me that is a damning inditement of the way some communities want to,or are allowed to, isolate themselves from wider society.