Paris attacks

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
nut flush gooner

Re: Paris attacks

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Nut flush if those world forces dedicated their military power to eradicating IS they would do it in mere months.

Instead there will be too much posturing and bluffing and 3 months down the line IS will be even bigger, more powerful and more dangerous.

Absolutely agree (again) northbank 8) I don't understand the thought process of people who think that the west can talk these terrorists down, or that if we ignore them they will go away - these c.unts have to be wiped from the face of this earth cos it is the only way that we have any hope of stopping these terrorists attacks in Europe. I'm not saying that bombing the shit out of Syria will finish these isis attacks forever, but I am saying that sitting back and talking loads but doing fcuk all WILL NOT WORK :roll:

All these comments about the politics of countries like Syria and who the usa and Russia want to be in charge of them, reminds me of the film Green Zone with matt damon - basically it was about the usa army trying (and succeeding) to remove whatever militant guy was running the country in question, and it then focused on the absolute mess that was left behind afterwards when their plan to hand over the country to someone they hand picked was deeply flawed :roll:
Ok so you going to sign up for the armed forces then and put your life on the line in a war that has no rules?

I feel sorry for the families of the serviceman who died needlessly in the Iraq war. It's easy to say wipe ISIS off the face of the earth, yeah we could go into Syria and take out a lot of them but they would end up in another lawless country. Then what?

ISIS also has sympathisers all round the world, so containing a problem locally in Syria doesn't mean that London will be safe.

Syria needs a stable government, then they can think about dealing with ISIS together with a local coalition of countries including Iran, Iraq, Turkey and Saudi Arabia. The region is too fragmented at the moment, but at last there has been a universal condemnation of ISIS internationally. The Yanks and the Russians also need to work together on this to help pave the way for a new government in Syria.

Schengen needs scrapping and every refugee that steps foot into Europe needs to be vetted thoroughly. This situation is soo complex that I think sending in ground troops will only store more problems for the future.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

new governemnt? assad led a relativeily peaceful, secular, safe, modern scoiety for years until the 'moderate' opposition rose up was backed by the west and turned the country to hell.

sure he used chemical weapons and killed some of his population with artillery, but this was because they were trying to cause a minority terrorist uprising against him. the west back the minority instead of the legimate government and now look where we are. had we helped assad crush the uprising when it first happened, ISIS would not exist, syria would be as it was. al quada would have been an influence in iraq after the us left, but would have been far more manageble tahn what is now happening.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Assad is an obnoxious fascist, but he's no worse than any other Middle East tyrant and history shows that destabilising a country leads to disaster.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Nut flush if those world forces dedicated their military power to eradicating IS they would do it in mere months.

Instead there will be too much posturing and bluffing and 3 months down the line IS will be even bigger, more powerful and more dangerous.

Absolutely agree (again) northbank 8) I don't understand the thought process of people who think that the west can talk these terrorists down, or that if we ignore them they will go away - these c.unts have to be wiped from the face of this earth cos it is the only way that we have any hope of stopping these terrorists attacks in Europe. I'm not saying that bombing the shit out of Syria will finish these isis attacks forever, but I am saying that sitting back and talking loads but doing fcuk all WILL NOT WORK :roll:

All these comments about the politics of countries like Syria and who the usa and Russia want to be in charge of them, reminds me of the film Green Zone with matt damon - basically it was about the usa army trying (and succeeding) to remove whatever militant guy was running the country in question, and it then focused on the absolute mess that was left behind afterwards when their plan to hand over the country to someone they hand picked was deeply flawed :roll:
Ok so you going to sign up for the armed forces then and put your life on the line in a war that has no rules?

I feel sorry for the families of the serviceman who died needlessly in the Iraq war. It's easy to say wipe ISIS off the face of the earth, yeah we could go into Syria and take out a lot of them but they would end up in another lawless country. Then what?

ISIS also has sympathisers all round the world, so containing a problem locally in Syria doesn't mean that London will be safe.

Syria needs a stable government, then they can think about dealing with ISIS together with a local coalition of countries including Iran, Iraq, Turkey and Saudi Arabia. The region is too fragmented at the moment, but at last there has been a universal condemnation of ISIS internationally. The Yanks and the Russians also need to work together on this to help pave the way for a new government in Syria.

Schengen needs scrapping and every refugee that steps foot into Europe needs to be vetted thoroughly. This situation is soo complex that I think sending in ground troops will only store more problems for the future.

That sort of argument pisses me off - whats the point in signing up for an army if you are not willing to fight in a war ? We have an army over that is overloaded with some of the greatest wasters known to man (and I say that as a man that has friends in the army) - we don't get involve in wars, we sue for damage to our hearing caused by the army band ( :roll: :oops: :oops: ) and it seems to most of us that it is just a job that trains you up to do other jobs :roll: Over here the joke is that we are the only country whose army shuts down from 1-2 for their luch break :lol: :lol:

Anyway back on point, if I joined the british army then I would do so knowing full well that I am likely to be posted oversea's in some shithole somewhere along the line. Surely then these people cannot complain about being sent out to Iraq, Syria or wherever ?

Btw what war has rules ?? :? :?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

That sort of argument pisses me off - whats the point in signing up for an army if you are not willing to fight in a war ? We have an army over that is overloaded with some of the greatest wasters known to man (and I say that as a man that has friends in the army) - we don't get involve in wars, we sue for damage to our hearing caused by the army band ( :roll: :oops: :oops: ) and it seems to most of us that it is just a job that trains you up to do other jobs :roll: Over here the joke is that we are the only country whose army shuts down from 1-2 for their luch break :lol: :lol:

Anyway back on point, if I joined the british army then I would do so knowing full well that I am likely to be posted oversea's in some shithole somewhere along the line. Surely then these people cannot complain about being sent out to Iraq, Syria or wherever ?

Btw what war has rules ?? :? :?
Don't tarnish the British army with that brush, perhaps the oirish !! You've been watching too much dads army son.

A ground war will never ever work, all it will do is squeeze ISIS into another lawless jurasdiction. Yemen perhaps?

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee.

I apologise for being a fuck-knuckle.
Sorry if I caused you offence with my drunken ramblings.
I have embarrassed myself on this topic. I do have strong opinions on this topic that I shall articulate better.

WENGER OUT

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Top Londoner wrote:Yankee_Gooner_Dandee.

I have embarrassed myself on this topic. I do have strong opinions on this topic that I shall articulate better.

WENGER OUT
Fair play - very really see a proper apology on here never mind a sincere one.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

GranadaJoe wrote:Assad is an obnoxious fascist, but he's no worse than any other Middle East tyrant and history shows that destabilising a country leads to disaster.

possibly, but no one can deny syria was a relatively safe stable secular developed place for the majority there before all this shite.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I'd recommend listening to this BBC World Service programme:

Can ‘Islamic State’ Be Defeated?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0388n4p#play

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

WENGER OUT
Don't worry about it mate, no harm done. But fair play none the less. Enjoy your holiday season! :cheers:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:

WENGER OUT
Fair play - very really see a proper apology on here never mind a sincere one.
Apology accepted.

cuntknuckle. 8)

:lol: :wink:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

http://news.yahoo.com/14-dead-17-wounde ... 16288.html

Although the liberal media isn't calling it a terrorist attack, we all know what it was.

Sad thing is, this kind of thing is going to continue happening in the Western world.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

It's terrible RIP

REB

Post by REB »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/14-dead-17-wounde ... 16288.html

Although the liberal media isn't calling it a terrorist attack, we all know what it was.

Sad thing is, this kind of thing is going to continue happening in the Western world.

the liberal media :?

and every other time ?

nothing to do with your gun laws ?

augie

Post by augie »

REB wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/14-dead-17-wounde ... 16288.html

the liberal media :?

and every other time ?

nothing to do with your gun laws ?

Couldn't agree more - all this bullshit about the right to bear arms pisses me right off :evil: America is a country that is in the midst of total anarchy and all because too many people (especially politicians :roll: ) are in the pockets of the NRA and will not allow stricter laws on gun control in. There are too many redneck w.nkers in that country and, when it comes to gun control laws (or lack thereof), what you sow so shall you reap :evil: