Now it's the Oscars!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
armchair

Re: Now it's the Oscars!

Post by armchair »

Spooky wrote:As a man of colour, I see the need to keep highlighting the equality of minorities..............
Used to be blacks objected to being called "coloured" and preferred "black".
That horrible, insulting term that I hate - "nigga" was then "re-claimed" by a lot of blacks who would call everybody "nigga", including whites. :?
Now it seems "black" or "coloured" is no longer acceptable and should be replaced by the term "person of colour". Wtf is that all about? :|

Wish they'd make their minds up ffs.

Im white, always been white and I expect thats not gonna change. :D

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

armchair wrote:
Spooky wrote:As a man of colour, I see the need to keep highlighting the equality of minorities..............
That horrible, insulting term that I hate - "nigga" was then "re-claimed" by a lot of blacks who would call everybody "nigga", including whites. :?
Now it seems "black" or "coloured" is no longer acceptable and should be replaced by the term "person of colour". Wtf is that all about? :|

I suspect you're actually a pinky colour, so how come you're not offended being lumped in together with other pinky coloured people?
I bet somebody would object if we called ourselves Aryan.

armchair

Post by armchair »

GranadaJoe wrote:
armchair wrote:

I suspect you're actually a pinky colour so how come you're not offended being lumped in together with other pinky coloured people?
I bet somebody would object if we called ourselves Aryan.
Racist! :censored:
:wink: :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

arseofacrow wrote:Can you imagine a black Doctor Who? That fucker would not be able to go back to any point in history.

One episode and that'd be it.

:shock: :o :lol:
:coffeespit:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

StuartL wrote:What I want to know is why aren't there any English actor's in Bollywood ??

We need answers.....
You mean other nations and cultures make films??? How did the Academy allow this to happen?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
StuartL wrote:What I want to know is why aren't there any English actor's in Bollywood ??

We need answers.....
You mean other nations and cultures make films??? How did the Academy allow this to happen?
They took their eye off the ball. :lol: :wink:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Now "The Brits" are apparently racist, with a #Britstoowhite,and some guy from So Solid Crew on the Victoria Derbyshire show this morning saying that Black artists are being oppressed by the white elite. Nobody mentioned the MOBO,(music of black origin),awards.....are they racist?

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Now "The Brits" are apparently racist, with a #Britstoowhite,and some guy from So Solid Crew on the Victoria Derbyshire show this morning saying that Black artists are being oppressed by the white elite. Nobody mentioned the MOBO,(music of black origin),awards.....are they racist?

No they're not. This was adequately explained earlier in the thread.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Red Snapper wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Now "The Brits" are apparently racist, with a #Britstoowhite,and some guy from So Solid Crew on the Victoria Derbyshire show this morning saying that Black artists are being oppressed by the white elite. Nobody mentioned the MOBO,(music of black origin),awards.....are they racist?

No they're not. This was adequately explained earlier in the thread.
I bet those awards must confuse the fuck out of who anyone is Deaf and Black ...... edit.....I mean Deaf and a Person Of Colour. :?

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

I'm struggling to think of anything that could be of less cultural significance.

Louis Walsh piping out a coil live on This Morning would be of more import, mate.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

armchair wrote:

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

Okay, so Stevie Wonder is 'Black' / 'a person of colour' - but being blind I wonder what all this means to him? :?