The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

GoonerMuzz

Re: EU referendum - how shit is this thread??

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Can someone please explain to me how if we leave the EU we wont be able to recruit the people we need for the NHS etc, i'm fairly sure from the times i've been in hospital quite a few of our staff are not from the EU :?

Typical Remain voters twisting the truth, nothing about leaving the EU stops us recruiting the workers we need from anywhere in the world including the EU, if we need them. What it does do is target the countries workforce needs in terms of immigration as opposed to having everyone and anyone from the EU able to come and work in the country, in fact it puts the EU workers on the exact same level as the rest of the world, now correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that equality? I really cannot see the problem with this.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:I see that the fucking Remoaners are having another "It's not fair" march in London.
How come these wankers are in favour of democracy until they don't get what they want?
I have voted in several General Elections where the vote went against the way I voted,but I accepted the result as it was democratically done.
Also,when the U.K. voted to enter,(the Common Market as it was then),there was no hissy fits calling for a re-run,and none of this ,"Warwickshire voted to stay out",or whatever.
I hope that there are plenty of skips along the route,so that they don't have to spit their dummies on to the road.
Fucking Snowflake wankers. :twisted: :banghead:
There is a big difference between voting in a General Election, and a referendum that once the process is complete cannot be reversed. With an election if a government fuck up, as Labour did in the run up to 2010 they can be removed from power. If leaving the EU means our economy shrinks or our Health Service suffers a chronic shortage of staff there isn't a lot we can do to unravel the consequences of enacting article 50.

With regards to the "remoaners" as the Daily Mail/Sun readers call them, most of them voted for the same party as you did. So what does that say about you then?
Firstly,You have no idea what party I vote for.
Secondly,when the Country voted to go IN to the EU,the people who voted to stay out didn't kick off demanding another vote beacause it didn't go their way,or try to put obstacle after obstacle up in an attempt to disrupt and overturn a legally arrived at decision.They accepted the result,some through gritted teeth probably,but they accepted it.
This lot however,will keep on trying to undermine the vote of June 23rd 2016,because they believe that they are ENTITLED to ignore any vote which does not go their way.
In my opinion,a 2nd referendum would probably produce a larger majority to leave because people are fed up and frustrated by the Remoaners lack of respect for a democratically and legally arrived at decision.
Last edited by Rugby Gooner on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Can someone please explain to me how if we leave the EU we wont be able to recruit the people we need for the NHS etc, i'm fairly sure from the times i've been in hospital quite a few of our staff are not from the EU :?

Typical Remain voters twisting the truth, nothing about leaving the EU stops us recruiting the workers we need from anywhere in the world including the EU, if we need them. What it does do is target the countries workforce needs in terms of immigration as opposed to having everyone and anyone from the EU able to come and work in the country, in fact it puts the EU workers on the exact same level as the rest of the world, now correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that equality? I really cannot see the problem with this.
Spot on Muzz. Until she sadly passed away last month my wife and I had to take her mother for dialysis three times a week. The ward is staffed by around thirty nurses and ancillary staff in shifts who are all very caring and professional. Two of them are Hungarian, one Finnish and one Austrian. The rest of them are from the Phillipines, Thailand or China so there was no problem for them to come here to work and no suggestion that this situation will change. It's just a convenient sound bite for the Guardian set to suggest otherwise.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

MrT wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
I have said that the problems are already happening but the full effects won't be seen until Brexit gets going (2019)
yes the problems you mention already existed pre June 2016 but Brexit will just make things worse. I have never said that there would be immediate economic depression, it is just the gradual decline of the UK into global obscurity that I am more concerned with.

It is economic "self harm" which is completely pointless.
Talking about self harmers, to paraphrase dont you mean judge Brexit in May :wink: :barscarf:
May 2019 might have more of an idea I suppose :D
Leavers do remind me of AKBs though - completely out of touch with the reality of the modern world and how to succeed in it.
we are about to leave the EU single market, the largest trading area in the world. why would anyone even think this could be a good idea ??
This is textbook projection. Leavers want a fresh start, free from the constrains of EU bureaucrats, corruption and an outdated failing system (Wenger & Co.) Whereas the remainers are clinging desperately to the remnants of the old regime when change is inevitable.

Have you seen the people on the march? Lefty middle class women, low testosterone castrated men and a few token immigrants scattered about. The most pathetic group of people in existence.
more pathetic than the leavers ?
you mean that group of senile OAPs with their views stuck in the 1950s, surrounded by a bunch of uneducated simpletons who believe everything that the Daily Mail tells them ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Oops this thread is getting a bit heated :D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Brightonnxtround wrote:Oops this thread is getting a bit heated :D
oops? No :popcorn:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Ha Ha no it won't for the leavers because they are all in La La Land still looking forward to all the nice things that Nigel promised them :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Ha Ha no it won't for the leavers because they are all in La La Land still looking forward to all the nice things that Nigel promised them :lol:
:sunshine_happy:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:http://brexitlies.com/
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lets counter lies and bullshit with er er er er more lies and bullshit !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Red Snapper wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:Can someone please explain to me how if we leave the EU we wont be able to recruit the people we need for the NHS etc, i'm fairly sure from the times i've been in hospital quite a few of our staff are not from the EU :?

Spot on Muzz. Until she sadly passed away last month my wife and I had to take her mother for dialysis three times a week. The ward is staffed by around thirty nurses and ancillary staff in shifts who are all very caring and professional. Two of them are Hungarian, one Finnish and one Austrian. The rest of them are from the Phillipines, Thailand or China so there was no problem for them to come here to work and no suggestion that this situation will change. It's just a convenient sound bite for the Guardian set to suggest otherwise.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... -thinktank

1 in 10 of the UK's doctors is an EU national.
since this article was published they have largely stopped coming.

the UK is not training enough people to be doctors due to the Conservative party cuts
the Conservative party wants to kill off the NHS and it is succeeding

as I keep saying, the NHS is dying and instead of spending money on it that money is instead being diverted into trying to ensure Brexit happens - which will only benefit the RICH in society.
the UK is facing levels of poverty and lack of public services that we have not seen for decades. well done Brexiteers :banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The NHS has been strapped for cash for as long as I can remember , and successive governments have followed the Merkyl plan and imported ready made people rather than train our own. This is nothing new and definitely nothing to do with leaving the E.U. it's been going on for years . Agency staff costs more , The staff on the wards when I was in 5 years ago were mainly from agencies the only other people I saw were wandering around with clip boards holding impromptu meetings behind the nurses station. Frequently there were more of them than actual nurses.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:The NHS has been strapped for cash for as long as I can remember , and successive governments have followed the Merkyl plan and imported ready made people rather than train our own. This is nothing new and definitely nothing to do with leaving the E.U. it's been going on for years . Agency staff costs more , The staff on the wards when I was in 5 years ago were mainly from agencies the only other people I saw were wandering around with clip boards holding impromptu meetings behind the nurses station. Frequently there were more of them than actual nurses.
yes I know the NHS has always been strapped for cash (and after six years of a Tory government clearly it is going to be hurting) BUT leaving the EU is just going to make everything even WORSE. This is what I am saying - it is unnecessary SELF HARM !

And you are talking about FIVE years ago, and so I am afraid you are completely out of touch.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... plnews_d-2

" in the last four months of 2015, an average of 797 EU nurses per month signed up to work in the UK; over the same period last year, that number fell to 194 a month."

"We have an ageing population with complex needs. One in three nurses is set to retire in the next decade"

"This shortage had been plugged by about 7% of our nurses coming from the EU. If we fail to train nurses that’s how it has to be. This is where so much Brexit rhetoric falls apart. While Theresa May talks tough, refusing to guarantee EU nationals a right to stay, these nurses feel neither wanted nor welcome and will understandably go elsewhere"