The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: EU referendum - Official Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:26 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:04 am
The trouble with Brexit is that the leavers focus too much on the past.

Open your eyes and look at the future.

This post just changed my mind. Im a remainer now :shock:
:shock: :shock: :D :barscarf:
top guy is flash!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:01 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:26 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:04 am
The trouble with Brexit is that the leavers focus too much on the past.

Open your eyes and look at the future.

This post just changed my mind. Im a remainer now :shock:
:shock: :shock: :D :barscarf:
top guy is flash!
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :D

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:34 pm
And we were and remain a small island and I bet in a square up with say France we would still give them a licking :D :D :D :D
Like a scene from Braveheart where King Edward Longshanks says "Send in the Irish first", then the Irish join the Scots and turn on the English, classic!.... :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

anyone still got the guts to admit that they voted for Brexit ? :lol: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:57 am
anyone still got the guts to admit that they voted for Brexit ? :lol: :lol:
Nope bet they haven't Rob we are together on this one :barscarf: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

yeah this article sums up where we are now
https://www.ft.com/content/bf0025aa-672 ... 38dcaef614

the UK, once great, now a complete embarrassment.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I voted Brexit, the embarassment doesn't come from the result of the vote but from the National disunity caused by the whining losers and our so fantastic politicians who are spending more time fighting than getting on with things.

For the record Rob i could pull out numerous anti-EU rants from many different European papers not just our British rags. Most journalists have lost any credibility these days with the quality of journalism or lack thereof and their inability to be unbiased and show any journalistic integrity

But please keep posting those oh so well thought out doom and gloom one sided links because i shower in your whiny river of tears :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:42 pm
I voted Brexit, the embarassment doesn't come from the result of the vote but from the National disunity caused by the whining losers and our so fantastic politicians who are spending more time fighting than getting on with things.

For the record Rob i could pull out numerous anti-EU rants from many different European papers not just our British rags. Most journalists have lost any credibility these days with the quality of journalism or lack thereof and their inability to be unbiased and show any journalistic integrity

But please keep posting those oh so well thought out doom and gloom one sided links because i shower in your whiny river of tears :wink:
Still unable to list any positives from Brexit I see. That was the one thing that the cowardly, lying oaf Farage got right - that a 52/48 vote meant unfinished business. Leavers won a narrow vote in an advisory referendum. Well done but it means fuck all. You have yet to actually "win" anything. Meanwhile the UK economy has gone from the best performing in the EU to the worst and the pound is worth 10-15% less than before the vote.

By now you should be hoping that Brexit does not happen because the consequences for the country are going to be severe. That is not being doom and gloom it is just stating the facts. Outside of the EU the Uk will be a little island being told what to do by the other 27 EU countries. Do you really want that ??

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Meanwhile the UK economy has gone from the best performing in the EU to the worst

Rob so our economy is worse than Greece, Portugal Ireland Romania?

I haven't checked the facts and quite frankly i cant be bothered but if that's true that's incredible

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:08 am
Meanwhile the UK economy has gone from the best performing in the EU to the worst

Rob so our economy is worse than Greece, Portugal Ireland Romania?

I haven't checked the facts and quite frankly i cant be bothered but if that's true that's incredible
no the UK economy is not worse than those countries, it is just currently performing worse than them
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 17046.html

in fact the UK is currently the worst performing advanced country in the world!!
of course Brexiters would have you believe that the EU is in meltdown :rubchin:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I read an interesting stat this week that German workers are 36% more productive than we are, even the "lazy French" are 30% more productive.

As we start the process of leaving the EU, we should be asking ourselves why when we have the handicap of being perceived as a less productive country than some of our European counterparts should other nations outside the EU want to actively trade with us, especially when they get more bang for their buck in places like Germany.

I take what Trump said at the G20 with a pinch of salt. He seems to have enough domestic problems to worry about before trying to act all pally with the UK.

Herd

Post by Herd »

People are tainted by the brainwashing they receive from the media but some of the arguments on here are purile !
I'm all for Europe and the theory of it ,but had grown tired of the federal Germanic enforced expansionist model that has been swallowing countries and their economies wholesale on behalf of globalist banks .

Unfortunately the Brexit that these Tories will deliver will not be the one we need or want and could mean hardship for us all as a strong Britain outside Europe looking in is considered a threat to the Globalist market ,the IMF and World Bank .

The whole thing is a con and another spin to make us think we live in a democracy which we don't .
All I know fopr certain is that whatever happens the government or the millionaires who feed them will continue to find more and more inventive ways of dipping your pocket and keeping you a slave cos after all greeds the name of the game !

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 am
People are tainted by the brainwashing they receive from the media but some of the arguments on here are purile !
I'm all for Europe and the theory of it ,but had grown tired of the federal Germanic enforced expansionist model that has been swallowing countries and their economies wholesale on behalf of globalist banks .

Unfortunately the Brexit that these Tories will deliver will not be the one we need or want and could mean hardship for us all as a strong Britain outside Europe looking in is considered a threat to the Globalist market ,the IMF and World Bank .

The whole thing is a con and another spin to make us think we live in a democracy which we don't .
All I know fopr certain is that whatever happens the government or the millionaires who feed them will continue to find more and more inventive ways of dipping your pocket and keeping you a slave cos after all greeds the name of the game !
There's a big beer festival that starts soon in Peterborough and I've been going for years and years common people getting drunk and having a fucking good time but now they've got an hospitality suite , less common People who don't won't to mix with the common man who think there better than us and that's how I view rich Eurocrats and world bankers , *word censored* every one .

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:26 pm
Herd wrote:

There's a big beer festival that starts soon in Peterborough and I've been going for years and years common people getting drunk and having a fucking good time but now they've got an hospitality suite , less common People who don't won't to mix with the common man who think there better than us and that's how I view rich Eurocrats and world bankers , *word censored* every one .
And that's why this country is fucked tbh. You have formed an opinion on people you know nothing about before even considering the facts, just like you did with the EU referendum.

https://www.ft.com/content/a3a92744-3a5 ... a9b15a8ee7

6 months ago this was referred to as scaremongering. I wonder what it's called now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:43 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:26 pm
Herd wrote:

And that's why this country is fucked tbh. You have formed an opinion on people you know nothing about before even considering the facts, just like you did with the EU referendum.

https://www.ft.com/content/a3a92744-3a5 ... a9b15a8ee7

6 months ago this was referred to as scaremongering. I wonder what it's called now.
Erm... an advert for subscriptions? :D :wink: