The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

flash gunner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by flash gunner »

Remember what i said nutty putting people down due to them having a differing opinion and putting a wink on the end doesnt make you look any less of a *word censored*

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:32 pm
Remember what i said nutty putting people down due to them having a differing opinion and putting a wink on the end doesnt make you look any less of a *word censored*
Seeing as he swears by LBC...
What does he think of our Nige's contribution.... :lol:

olgitgooner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ev

Post by olgitgooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
olgitgooner wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:41 pm
This is the first time in months that I've visited these pages. I could have predicted that Nutty would still be spouting shite about Brexit. I would not have been wrong.
"If 10%" of Brexiteers were "prejudiced" is a truly idiotic statement/assertion/guess.
It's also highly insulting to the majority of UK voters.
Nutty you have every right to believe in the opinions of EU funded think tanks and other opinions from people with vested interests or people with genuine concerns.
You have no right at all to paint 10% of the population as prejudiced/xenophobic/racist.
That wasn't an assertion. It was a mathematical statement about how people can't have voted in the best interests of the country if they harbour prejudicial views. Don't question my theoretical figure, look at the surveys, they are out there and plain to see. I have given the evening standard survey a 22% margin for error. Sorry even the pollsters don't get it that wrong.

Good to see your reading skills haven't improved. Amazing how people get a chip on their shoulder when they get lumped in with people who are prejudiced. Before you come back at me, I am not saying you personally are prejudiced but a lot of your fellow brexiteers are. Hell we've even seen it on this forum the day after the vote!

I said over a year ago having a weak currency would have an impact on our standard of living, the data is now out there prices are rising faster than wages by a long way. Being in the EU isn't utopia, it isn't perfect but our standing in the world has been much damaged by this whole process. When are brexiteers finally going to realise this.
And your "mathematical statement " isn't the same thing as a wild and unproven guess????!! :lol:

Your arguments just do not stack up against provable facts which you absolutely choose to ignore. You even place some measure of trust in opinion polls. Give me a break. Opinion polls said this country would be down on its knees by this stage. Opinion polls said the Tories win win the last election with a landslide victory.

You also state that "our standing in the world has been much damaged" by the Brexit process. I would suggest that the standing of the EU has suffered much more. Hey, but that's just an opinion.

Hard facts are that the UK economy is doing OK. We have the lowest unemployment rate for over forty years.

I really don't understand why you spend so much time unsuccessfully arguing your points in this thread. I can only assume that you love the sound of your own keyboard.

Allgunsblazin

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ev

Post by Allgunsblazin »

olgitgooner wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:23 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:59 am
olgitgooner wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:41 pm
This is the first time in months that I've visited these pages. I could have predicted that Nutty would still be spouting shite about Brexit. I would not have been wrong.
"If 10%" of Brexiteers were "prejudiced" is a truly idiotic statement/assertion/guess.
It's also highly insulting to the majority of UK voters.
Nutty you have every right to believe in the opinions of EU funded think tanks and other opinions from people with vested interests or people with genuine concerns.
You have no right at all to paint 10% of the population as prejudiced/xenophobic/racist.
That wasn't an assertion. It was a mathematical statement about how people can't have voted in the best interests of the country if they harbour prejudicial views. Don't question my theoretical figure, look at the surveys, they are out there and plain to see. I have given the evening standard survey a 22% margin for error. Sorry even the pollsters don't get it that wrong.

Good to see your reading skills haven't improved. Amazing how people get a chip on their shoulder when they get lumped in with people who are prejudiced. Before you come back at me, I am not saying you personally are prejudiced but a lot of your fellow brexiteers are. Hell we've even seen it on this forum the day after the vote!

I said over a year ago having a weak currency would have an impact on our standard of living, the data is now out there prices are rising faster than wages by a long way. Being in the EU isn't utopia, it isn't perfect but our standing in the world has been much damaged by this whole process. When are brexiteers finally going to realise this.
And your "mathematical statement " isn't the same thing as a wild and unproven guess????!! :lol:

Your arguments just do not stack up against provable facts which you absolutely choose to ignore. You even place some measure of trust in opinion polls. Give me a break. Opinion polls said this country would be down on its knees by this stage. Opinion polls said the Tories win win the last election with a landslide victory.

You also state that "our standing in the world has been much damaged" by the Brexit process. I would suggest that the standing of the EU has suffered much more. Hey, but that's just an opinion.

Hard facts are that the UK economy is doing OK. We have the lowest unemployment rate for over forty years.

I really don't understand why you spend so much time unsuccessfully arguing your points in this thread. I can only assume that you love the sound of your own keyboard.
Put so eloquently oggooner!.... :lol: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

What I will say is that May and co are not handling the Brexit dance very well although I'm not sure if they want to do well .
The Eu strategy is to only discuss the deal in stages ,this is NOT good for us .
Everything should be on the table whereas the EU insists we can only go to the next stages if certain criteria are met.
This is Blackmail of the worst kind and Id rather have no deal than the drip drip deal which will mean we will be screwed ,which of course may be what Theresa wants !
What is also grim is that once a deal has been made it has to be ratified by all 27 countries !
This means in effect that the negotiators have no authority and it can be delayed indefinitely by any one of the 27 parties ,which is of course what the EU and perhaps Theresa May wants .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:24 am
What I will say is that May and co are not handling the Brexit dance very well although I'm not sure if they want to do well .
The Eu strategy is to only discuss the deal in stages ,this is NOT good for us .
Everything should be on the table whereas the EU insists we can only go to the next stages if certain criteria are met.
This is Blackmail of the worst kind and Id rather have no deal than the drip drip deal which will mean we will be screwed ,which of course may be what Theresa wants !
What is also grim is that once a deal has been made it has to be ratified by all 27 countries !
This means in effect that the negotiators have no authority and it can be delayed indefinitely by any one of the 27 parties ,which is of course what the EU and perhaps Theresa May wants .
Oh dear were you hoping that the UK would dictate strategy to all the other EU countries?
you are once again forgetting that we are the ones leaving the EU and they are going to make it as hard as possible for us. they have the upper hand as it is the UK who is desperate for a deal, not the other way around.

get used to things being ratified by the 27 countries - that is how things are going to be post Brexit, which is what you wanted is it not?
any future trade deals with the EU will need to be ratified by the 27. That should be fun :lol: The UK is now a complete embarrassment on the world stage. Time to end Brexit now!

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:52 am
Herd wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:24 am
Oh dear were you hoping that the UK would dictate strategy to all the other EU countries?
you are once again forgetting that we are the ones leaving the EU and they are going to make it as hard as possible for us. they have the upper hand as it is the UK who is desperate for a deal, not the other way around.

get used to things being ratified by the 27 countries - that is how things are going to be post Brexit, which is what you wanted is it not?
any future trade deals with the EU will need to be ratified by the 27. That should be fun :lol: The UK is now a complete embarrassment on the world stage. Time to end Brexit now!
You keep harping on about trade deals when as Ive said before you don't need a trade deal to trade ,we have never had one with the USA yet we've managed to do business with them how could that have been ?

We shouldn't be desperate for a deal at all ,but we should have everything on the table upfront and negotiate with people who have authority or it isn't worth doing as it can be picked apart .
Of course you wouldn't understand that Rob as the independent hasn't told you what to say on that one yet but hose of us who can think for ourselves know the whole things been a crock so far !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Is it possible that this thread could be the worst thread ever on any internet forum ever anywhere ever? I think it is very possible tbh. :lol:

Christ, lads. Seriously. :roll: :yawn: Not one of you has access to the facts beyond what opinion piece is printed in whichever paper you happen to read, nor are any of you conversant with the behind the scenes corruption and horsetrading that is going on and will go on in relation to Brexit (or Borexit as it should be called because of this thread) and yet some of you are posting like you are top financial advisors working in either May's cabinet or the EU hierarchy.... :roll:

If "Apocalypse Now" had been made about Brexit, Brando's last lines would have been, "The tedium... the tedium..."

Here, look, I will improve this thread by 100%;

:the_doris_2:

:wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:22 pm
Is it possible that this thread could be the worst thread ever on any internet forum ever anywhere ever? I think it is very possible tbh. :lol:

Christ, lads. Seriously. :roll: :yawn: Not one of you has access to the facts beyond what opinion piece is printed in whichever paper you happen to read, nor are any of you conversant with the behind the scenes corruption and horsetrading that is going on and will go on in relation to Brexit (or Borexit as it should be called because of this thread) and yet some of you are posting like you are top financial advisors working in either May's cabinet or the EU hierarchy.... :roll:

If "Apocalypse Now" had been made about Brexit, Brando's last lines would have been, "The tedium... the tedium..."

It's alright for you David Attenborough's reputation is on the line here!!!

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:

tits will be smaller after brexit says the FT ! of course your right though I haven't a scoobie what will happen or even if it will happen ,its all about what could happen ,none of us know ...............worse neither does our government or the opposition or the eu mafia !
were all doomed but I like a bit of mindless banter while the ship sinks !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:56 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

It's alright for you David Attenborough's reputation is on the line here!!!
:lol:

Attenborough will be the first one up the supermarket aisles throwing slaps at every cúnt around! :box: :wink:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Don't talk to me about David (I have friends in high places) Attenborough.
In typical "let's reverse Brexit" style, the wish of the majority of voters has been almost totally disregarded :evil: .......
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... tenborough
:D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

olgitgooner wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:54 pm
Don't talk to me about David (I have friends in high places) Attenborough.
In typical "let's reverse Brexit" style, the wish of the majority of voters has been almost totally disregarded :evil: .......
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... tenborough
:D
:lol: :lol:

This was nearly as good as when real music fans got together and got Rage Against The Machine to number one ahead of that xfactor cúnt that wears his trousers so far up his own arsehole that the seam is in his lungs. 8)

Attenborough will be fighting like a madman in the tinned goods aisle. :box: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

don't forget the madness can still be stopped

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 16691.html

better to admit that you were wrong, rather than dragging the country into disaster

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

You're welcome.