The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

nut flush gooner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 am
Also the Paris agreement on Global warming wishes to implement a tax on meat products to combat global warming ( or just raise cash ). The proposal would raise the price of a £ 4.15 chicken to £ 7.69 . They say it would be a " sin tax "designed to cull the number of cows and other animals bred for food as they contribute to higher levels of methane in the atmosphere.
Quite where this leaves the price of dairy products is not stated . So you better prepare for soya milk and brussel sprouts, cabbage and other root veggies to become the staple diet of the poor increasing their need to fart which in turn will increase the amount of gas in the air and inevitably lead to a cull of the human race.
Which will of course all get blamed on Brexit.
Cant you please tell me where I can get a chicken that hasn't been stuck in a cage/barn with thousands of other chickens for £4.15 please. Certainly not from a Norfolk farm, me thinks.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:56 am
Okay. Fuck this. This shit just got serious. :shock: And I mean serious with a capital "J" for "Jesus Fucking Christ Serious". :shock: Fuck all that pony about trade agreements and free movement and all that old shit. I challenge you, nay I dare you, to read this and not quake in your boots and shake with rage at the possible repercussions;

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/1212/926690-kebab/

If these MEP bastards fuck around with my kebabs then I am starting the campaign to get Oireland out of the fucking EU.

Flash, Brighton, A11M11, Brexiteers - you saw this coming, you are all visionaries! 8)

Now, I just need a catchy name for the campaign, something like "Brexit".

"Eirexit"? "Irexit"? "Paddygone"? :rubchin:

Maybe a Dublin version? "FuckYoozBud"? :rubchin:
Is that the sort of kebab they serve up in oireland? If so I pity you. A trip to North London is required, there are many great Greek/Turkish restaurants serving the real deal, including a few near the Emirates. None of this donna shit ;).

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
No, it's a stock image. :lol: We have the same Turkish/Greek style kebab guys in Dublin. 8)

mmmmmm..... mixed kofte kebab....... mmmmmmm.... 8) 8) 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Also the Paris agreement on Global warming wishes to implement a tax on meat products to combat global warming ( or just raise cash ). The proposal would raise the price of a £ 4.15 chicken to £ 7.69 . They say it would be a " sin tax "designed to cull the number of cows and other animals bred for food as they contribute to higher levels of methane in the atmosphere.
Quite where this leaves the price of dairy products is not stated . So you better prepare for soya milk and brussel sprouts, cabbage and other root veggies to become the staple diet of the poor increasing their need to fart which in turn will increase the amount of gas in the air and inevitably lead to a cull of the human race.
thats quite right - a combination of Brexit, global warming and an increased worldwide population will mean that the poor will not be able to afford meat in the future.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

An essential Waitrose chicken, perfect for a Sunday roast, currently costs £4.15. But that could almost double in price to £7.69 if tax suggestions are implemented.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/env ... -meat-tax/.

Sorry I did not quote my source but I figured that such luminaries as yourselves would have read it in your papers as well.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:44 am
A11M11 wrote:
thats quite right - a combination of Brexit, global warming and an increased worldwide population will mean that the poor will not be able to afford meat in the future.
We'll have to start eating pandas and the like.... cant wait!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:40 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:44 am
A11M11 wrote:
We'll have to start eating pandas and the like.... cant wait!!!
:lol:

Fuck yeah. Sweet and Sour Panda on a bed of Salted Baby Seal..... mmmmm..... 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/s ... -standards

"The real tragedy, of course, is that the economic damage being wreaked by Brexit will fall largely on the shoulders of those least able to bear the strain"

as I have maintained all along Brexit is for the rich elite.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Ah The New Statesman ,
Over the years it has featured as guest editors Alistair Campbell ( advisor to Tony Blair ). Gordon Brown's wife Sarah , Ken Livingstone , Melvyn Bragg , The Archbishop of Canterbury , Bill Gates , Russel Brand, Fiona Millar ( Advisor to Cherie Blair ) and Noel Gallagher.

A motely crew of political failures and people with their heads so far up their arses that I reckon their political opinions are best ignored.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 pm
Ah The New Statesman ,
Over the years it has featured as guest editors Alistair Campbell ( advisor to Tony Blair ). Gordon Brown's wife Sarah , Ken Livingstone , Melvyn Bragg , The Archbishop of Canterbury , Bill Gates , Russel Brand, Fiona Millar ( Advisor to Cherie Blair ) and Noel Gallagher.

A motely crew of political failures and people with their heads so far up their arses that I reckon their political opinions are best ignored.
Do you want me to pick another publication for you? :D
There are loads that I could pick who cover the same issues.

No of course you don’t. It’s fingers in ears time for you, because you are unable to face up to the reality that Brexit is not going to work.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

It will be fine as long as people work for it. Whilst you all run around prophesying doom and despndancy like the soothsayer before Ides of March it will be harder.
My life's experience has taught me that if you want something and you work for it success is achievable. It's about time people faced up to what's happening and started working out how to achieve things . Hand wringing and complaining gets you nowhere , ask Wenger.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Btw if you are buying a turkey ask for a Norfolk bronze or black .it will be reared and fed properly and will be British as opposed to many French ones that come over and get prepared and bagged here which get labelled produced in the u.k.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:53 pm
It will be fine as long as people work for it. Whilst you all run around prophesying doom and despndancy like the soothsayer before Ides of March it will be harder.
My life's experience has taught me that if you want something and you work for it success is achievable. It's about time people faced up to what's happening and started working out how to achieve things . Hand wringing and complaining gets you nowhere , ask Wenger.
why would I get behind something that is clearly going to make myself (and the rest of the country) worse off ??

as for facing up to what's happening, yes people should be facing up to it.
to be honest most remainers annoy me more than leavers, there seems to b e this view that just because a few old nutters voted for Brexit then that should just be accepted. 51% is not the "will of the people" and it is about time that Brexit is stopped. I will be joining in the protests next year which are growing in strength.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 am
A11M11 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:53 pm
why would I get behind something that is clearly going to make myself (and the rest of the country) worse off ??

as for facing up to what's happening, yes people should be facing up to it.
to be honest most remainers annoy me more than leavers, there seems to b e this view that just because a few old nutters voted for Brexit then that should just be accepted. 51% is not the "will of the people" and it is about time that Brexit is stopped. I will be joining in the protests next year which are growing in strength.
Please send in your photos of the demo!
We all want a laugh.... :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

51% is not the "will of the people"

In a straight Yes or No vote........ Yes it is

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:52 am
51% is not the "will of the people"

In a straight Yes or No vote........ Yes it is
it wasn't clear what Leave mean't though.
Brexiteers are still in denial over the fact that they will become poorer.