The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

A11M11

Re: EU referendum - What will you vote?

Post by A11M11 »

i see Theresa Mayhem has opened her mouth again and the pound has once again collapsed.

I expect it to go lower , There's money to be made here.
I see that second class celebs ( Paul McKenna ) are returning from America because they love the country so much , have a book to sell and get a lot more pounds for their dollar.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:i see Theresa Mayhem has opened her mouth again and the pound has once again collapsed.

I expect it to go lower , There's money to be made here.
I see that second class celebs ( Paul McKenna ) are returning from America because they love the country so much , have a book to sell and get a lot more pounds for their dollar.
Think you have this the wrong way round, you are better off earning your money in dollars not pounds. It is our currency that has weakened.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:i see Theresa Mayhem has opened her vadge again and the pound has once again collapsed.
Yikes! :shock:

:lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Herd, you have said all along that we are not leaving the EU. I think you will be proven wrong tomorrow.
No Il be proven wrong if and when it happens , and we are no where near it .

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Think you have this the wrong way round, you are better off earning your money in dollars not pounds. It is our currency that has weakened.

Whoops :- not one of my better days. Must take more water with it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:Think you have this the wrong way round, you are better off earning your money in dollars not pounds. It is our currency that has weakened.

Whoops :- not one of my better days. Must take more water with it.
It's okay, mate - there has been far more inaccurate shit on this thread! :lol: :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

:lol:
It's okay, mate - there has been far more inaccurate shit on this thread! :lol: :wink:
sha la lala that aint no lie :barscarf: :blah: :mrgreen:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Actually if you cashed $100 on June 1st prior to referendum you would have got £ 69.37 as £1 equalled $ 1.44.
If you did the same today you would recieve £ 81.21 as £1 equals $ 1.22.

These rates from http://www.x-rates.com.
So my premise that he is returning to get more for his dollars stands.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:Actually if you cashed $100 on June 1st prior to referendum you would have got £ 69.37 as £1 equalled $ 1.44.
If you did the same today you would recieve £ 81.21 as £1 equals $ 1.22.

These rates from http://www.x-rates.com.
So my premise that he is returning to get more for his dollars stands.
Yes and you are better off if you are earning your money in dollars not pounds. That's why tourists are flocking to London and it's more expensive for us to go abroad. Suggesting you are better off earning £ versus $ is wrong.

I think you are a tad confused.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Not confused ,possibly not explaining myself .

What I am saying is that he has been living in the states for some time but just like the tourist s that are getting more for their money now in the U,K he has decided to return because his portfolio is now worth a lot more here than it is over there.

Herd

Post by Herd »

My salary is in pounds but my compnaies income is in $$$$'s so I'm happy as a pig in shit right now as I and the company sold the pound short for a year back in June .

Theresa May and her buddies are planning a doomsday brexit proposal and hope the short trerm market effect shocks general public into abandoning Brexit !

She will then do a neat u turn and save Britain by staying in !

By which time there will be no more National Health ssytem as it will have all been sold and leased back with PFI partnerships which is what is killing the sysytem allready . . . .. . nice !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:My salary is in pounds but my compnaies income is in $$$$'s so I'm happy as a pig in shit right now as I and the company sold the pound short for a year back in June .

Theresa May and her buddies are planning a doomsday brexit proposal and hope the short trerm market effect shocks general public into abandoning Brexit !

She will then do a neat u turn and save Britain by staying in !

By which time there will be no more National Health ssytem as it will have all been sold and leased back with PFI partnerships which is what is killing the sysytem allready . . . .. . nice !
just in time for her to get re elected in 2020.... :wink:

this is what I suspect too, but it is a risky strategy.
whatever happens we are in for an increasingly bumpy ride over the next couple of years.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I want to go back to Asia . Britain is a great place with tremendous History but no Future !

nut flush gooner

It's official Brexit does mean Brexit.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:Not confused ,possibly not explaining myself .

What I am saying is that he has been living in the states for some time but just like the tourist s that are getting more for their money now in the U,K he has decided to return because his portfolio is now worth a lot more here than it is over there.
Ok, so he brings his accrued wealth and benefits from having enhanced spending power on his dollars UNTIL he starts earning in pounds, eventually he is in the same boat as the rest of us with a diminishing standard of living.