The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Herd

Re: EU referendum - What will you vote?

Post by Herd »

:lol: It's a kind of green, white and orangey one. :D :wink:

https://www.theflagshop.co.uk/media/cat ... ag-std.jpg

Ah the Cote de bois tricolour such an emotive flag I remember the IRA (Ivorian Republican Army ) singing great songs back in the day !

Oh were all going off to Abijan fuck the Dan
Where the spears they glisten in the sun
Where my arsehole flash round my womans gash
When my brother lights the farts from my bum !

And Il leave behind my mother in law
And il leave behind my goat
And Im off to squat in shepherds bush
Just as soon as I leave this boat !

Repeat chorus fade :shock: :shock: :evil:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:If there was a second referendum would anyone on here actually change their vote?
I doubt if anyone would at the moment because we haven't left the EU yet and so the consequences have yet to be felt.

It will be a gradual decline, but despite the bluster from Theresa Mayhem the other day, the 27 countries of the EU have all the power now.
Do you really think that the world's largest trading area are going to be dictated to by the UK?? We would have the power INSIDE the EU to change things, but not now. Yes the EU is declining in influence compared with the rest of the world, but the UK taking an isolationist approach isn't going to solve anything.

Anyone taken in by the right wing media in this country this week is deluding themselves.
The fact that her speech was praised by Marine Le Pen and that buffoon who takes power in the US later today says it all.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Herd wrote:
:lol: It's a kind of green, white and orangey one. :D :wink:

https://www.theflagshop.co.uk/media/cat ... ag-std.jpg

Ah the Cote de bois tricolour such an emotive flag I remember the IRA (Ivorian Republican Army ) singing great songs back in the day !

Oh were all going off to Abijan fuck the Dan
Where the spears they glisten in the sun
Where my arsehole flash round my womans gash
When my brother lights the farts from my bum !

And Il leave behind my mother in law
And il leave behind my goat
And Im off to squat in shepherds bush
Just as soon as I leave this boat !

Repeat chorus fade :shock: :shock: :evil:
I thought that song started in Cork :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

We would have the power INSIDE the EU to change things, but not now.

And apparently following dodgy Dave's failure to get any concessions , we didn't have then and seemingly not about to now or in the future.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:We would have the power INSIDE the EU to change things, but not now.

And apparently following dodgy Dave's failure to get any concessions , we didn't have then and seemingly not about to now or in the future.
the EU didnt realise that the UK was serious about leaving the EU back then
I think they would conceed a lot more now

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The politicians in the E.U will come under pressure from their own business people as their income recedes . This has been the problem all along , the ideal of a common trading area was hijacked by political idealists. They will be the last to compromise but the owners of the large European manufacturers will realise exactly where their bread is buttered and force change. The southern countries Spain , Portugal , Greece etc will not want to see their tourist income disappearing . If they want to change now , they will have to bend double to keep us and I can't see that happening. They will fudge and prevaricate and we need to be steadfast and force them as far as we can and then leave.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

A11M11 wrote:We would have the power INSIDE the EU to change things, but not now.

FFS the EU has demonstrated that we have absolutely no power inside the EU to "change things". This applies to all the other nations within this corrupt stinking anti democratic body of self interested twats. :cussing:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

olgitgooner wrote:

FFS the EU has demonstrated that we have absolutely no power inside the EU to "change things". This applies to all the other nations within this corrupt stinking anti democratic body of self interested twats. :cussing:
We,British people,have no power to change things WITHIN the UK.
At this very moment 11 unelected members of the establishment are handing down a ruling to the peasants about the future direction of our,(sorry their),country.
They should just dissolve Parliament,stop all voting,and pass down pronoucements to the "Great Unwashed" as and when required. :twisted: :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Lets have a bet here 100 quid to your or mine named charity.
Theresa May says Article 50 will be triggerred by end March and you beleive her ,I say it won't Il give you to April 1st.
Want to put up or shut up ?
Noticing the Flush is quiet on the EU front right now but todays result is a great one for Theresa May and she can stall even longer on article 50 now .
My guess is there will be a consulatation period and that will lead to more delay ,If the world hasnt ended then 2018 is the earliest we will declare !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Theresa May says Article 50 will be triggerred by end March and you beleive her ,I say it won't Il give you to April 1st.
Noticing the Flush is quiet on the EU front right now but todays result is a great one for Theresa May and she can stall even longer on article 50 now .
My guess is there will be a consulatation period and that will lead to more delay ,If the world hasnt ended then 2018 is the earliest we will declare !
great stuff.

the more it drags on then the more people will realise that the EU wont actually collapse, and the only possible losers from the whole Brexit charade will be the UK.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:

We,British people,have no power to change things WITHIN the UK.
At this very moment 11 unelected members of the establishment are handing down a ruling to the peasants about the future direction of our,(sorry their),country.
They should just dissolve Parliament,stop all voting,and pass down pronoucements to the "Great Unwashed" as and when required. :twisted: :banghead:
That's exactly right. Swap one corrupt stinking anti democratic body of self interested twats for another.

:barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Herd wrote:
great stuff.

the more it drags on then the more people will realise that the EU wont actually collapse, and the only possible losers from the whole Brexit charade will be the UK.

So presumably you must believe that Brexit will be neutral or positive for the rest of the EU. What's your logic? If more countries left the EU, would it be even better for those that remain?

Whether you're pro or anti Brexit, I think you'll struggle to find many Europeans who think the UK leaving the EU will benefit their countries.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
As much as I would like to debate with you more Herd, I have just set up a business that needs my time and attention.

Have you been watching the news today? The government are talking about putting a Bill through Parliament in the next couple of days, this will pave the way to triggering article 50 by the original deadline. In theory Parliament could reject the enactment of article 50 but can you see there being enough Tory rebels for their majority not to get this through?

Remember Labour are in disarray, the Tories know that if they play leaving the EU correctly they make both Labour and UKIP obsolete as opposition parties. If there are Tory MP's that are stupid enough to vote against leaving the EU it will hit them at the next General Election. I don't think TM would take kindly to any Conservatives not towing the party line either.

Your conspiracy theory has been proven wrong, but I will let Rob pick up the baton. His charity idea sounds great.

Herd

Post by Herd »

No the charity bet is my idea i called you out bet or no bet ??

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Herd wrote:
great stuff.

So presumably you must believe that Brexit will be neutral or positive for the rest of the EU. What's your logic? If more countries left the EU, would it be even better for those that remain?

Whether you're pro or anti Brexit, I think you'll struggle to find many Europeans who think the UK leaving the EU will benefit their countries.

I dont think Brexit will suit anyone and yes you are right it is not good news for the Europeans.
However you are perhaps forgetting that the UK needs to get a good deal with the EU. The EU has 27 countries who will want a deal but also wont want the UK to come out of the negotiations in a better position than them.

Whereas we are a significant country as part of the EU, I think you will find we are not so significant once out of it. We will be dealing with the largest trading area in the world and we need them more than they need us, despite all the crazy talk about doing trade deals with the Chinese etc. The pound is already weakened, prices are going up and so people's living standards are going to start to drop.

The ironic thing is that what a lot of people voted for (more money for the NHS) they are not going to get. Nigel Farage pretty much admitted that the morning after the referendum. And of course it will get less now as medicines being imported are costing more and more and of course all spare cash is being spent on the administration of Brexit. Complete madness! Brexit will benefit a few rich people maybe, everyone else well good luck!