The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 am
From the house of Commons library :-
As a member of the European Union the UK makes payments, or contributions, to the EU budget. The UK also receives funding, or receipts, from the EU. The EU provides funding for various agricultural, social, economic development and competitiveness programmes.

The UK receives a rebate from the EU which reduces its contribution. The rebate aims to correct the issue of the UK making relatively large net contributions to the EU.

In 2016/17 the UK made an estimated gross contribution (after the rebate) of £12.2 billion. The UK received £4.1 billion of public sector receipts from the EU, so the UK’s net public sector contribution to the EU was an estimated £8.1 billion.

Some of that funding no doubt filters down to charities but in the main is refunded for projects which are EU approved like my local bike path stretching 8 miles from one village to the next at a cost of £ 1.5 million which is hardly used by "" serious cyclists " who prefer to wobble about 4 or 5 abreast blocking the country lanes in their Sky logo lycra . Whilst the village school was closed because of lack of funding.

Thanks a bunch.
so you think that in the post Brexit world the government will provide funding for your village school ?, that extra funding will suddenly be available for your local hospital ?, that extra funding will be available for anything ?

Brexit means taking back what we never lost to lose what we currently have.
surely you must see by now that the whole Brexit crap is based on a load of lies, just like the move from Highbury to the Emirates was for Arsenal.
now I reckon you probably think that the Arsenal move was based on a load of lies, so why don't you consider that Brexit might be similarly dodgy ?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Don't read too much factual into it , I am just making the point that despite getting money back they take it from us in the first place. Furthermore the spend of money refunded is directed by the E U . and not by the needs of the community here.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Well done Theresa the deals done now lets move on , remoaners can stop winging
We need to move away slowly from federal Europe take control of ourselves and look forward instead of backward and DB there's now no need for war , in fact when we finally do leave I bet we'll all get along fine , a very proud moment for Great Britain....

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

And I may add this is what the British people voted for and that's what we will get .
It's called democracy and well done the British for daring to stand alone .

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:52 am
We need to move away slowly from federal Europe take control of ourselves and look forward instead of backward and DB there's now no need for war , in fact when we finally do leave I bet we'll all get along fine , a very proud moment for Great Britain....
See this shows just how clueless some of these brexiteers really are. No deal has been done, this was the prelude to opening phase 2 of talks which includes talking trade.

There is NO guarantee that any half decent trade deal will come out of this. All we have achieved so far is put 50bn euros into the EU's coffers and agreed how the border with ROI will work.

Rather than walking around with an ignorant triumphalist attitude taken from snippets of sky/bbc news why don't you actually read up on the subject.

Just to add, we were told by bungling Boris we would save £350m euros a week from leaving the EU. Boris also said last summer the EU can whistle. The reality after rebates is it works out at around half of that. So tell me how many lots of £200m goes into the best part of £45bn. Just to help you as you probably don't know, £1bn is one thousand million. Do the maths. So much for a better NHS ehhh.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what that we have just spent £50 billion so that we can start talking to the EU about a trade deal that will make the country worse off than we already are. :oops:
it has taken a week for Mrs Mayhem and her chums to deal with the DUP (their supposed friends in government) how long do you think that it will take now we have to start dealing with the EU27?

Again my point that you have an AKB attitude is very apt. no doubt that the AKBs will be celebrating the 6-0 win last night, just as you have been celebrating this morning. only problem is neither "result" really makes much difference in the big picture.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:58 am
And I may add this is what the British people voted for and that's what we will get .
It's called democracy and well done the British for daring to stand alone .
not exactly correct - only 37% of the British public voted for it - mostly based on lies.
and democracy also entitles people to change their minds on policy.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:00 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
See this shows just how clueless some of these brexiteers really are. No deal has been done, this was the prelude to opening phase 2 of talks which includes talking trade.

There is NO guarantee that any half decent trade deal will come out of this. All we have achieved so far is put 50bn euros into the EU's coffers and agreed how the border with ROI will work.

Rather than walking around with an ignorant triumphalist attitude taken from snippets of sky/bbc news why don't you actually read up on the subject.

Just to add, we were told by bungling Boris we would save £350m euros a week from leaving the EU. Boris also said last summer the EU can whistle. The reality after rebates is it works out at around half of that. So tell me how many lots of £200m goes into the best part of £45bn. Just to help you as you probably don't know, £1bn is one thousand million. Do the maths. So much for a better NHS ehhh.
The deal is done. We can relax now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42277040

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:

Thing is you are on the wind up, Brighton genuinely thinks it's all done and dusted.

:hmmthink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:30 am
flash gunner wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:

Thing is you are on the wind up, Brighton genuinely thinks it's all done and dusted.

:hmmthink:
:lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

to be fair Brighton thought that it was all done and dusted in June 2016 :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

me on the wind up? :shock:

:wink: :)

flash gunner