The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Allgunsblazin

Re: EU referendum - how shit is this thread??

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Ere you go jack flash !....
Russians blamed for Brexit vote website crash! LMAO......

Remainers resembling Wenger by the day.... :lol:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

nut flush gooner wrote: To say that Labour supporters supported remain is just totally disingenious, it's so much more complicated than that.
To say that MOST Leave voters were Labour supporters ISN'T totally disingenuous??!! :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

So it looks like the right wing is going to get stuffed in the French elections next week - an EU supporting candidate is 20 points ahead in their polls.
Where have all the Brexiteers gone who predicted that the EU was going to disintegrate? It seems that it is actually getting stronger now we have voted to leave :rubchin:

Of course you will be reading in the British right wing propaganda papers that this will make our EU negotiations easier :lol:
Yeah right. Macron has already stated that the UK should not expect any special privileges from Brexit. Macron’s core philosophy is not in doubt. He believes that maintaining the strength of the EU is more important than boosting France’s economic ties with the British.

Red Snapper

Re: EU referendum - I told you so thread

Post by Red Snapper »

Well let's not bother waiting for the outcome of the election and let's ignore the fact that LePen getting to the "vote off" stage is in itself a seismic shift in French or European politics. I hope she doesn't win but I'm not counting chickens until the result is known. I'm not a spurs fan!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Here comes poverty Britain
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... tion-looms

“Support for Brexit is likely to be driven by how the economy performs and whether living standards hold up and they aren’t,” said Blanchflower, professor of economics at Dartmouth College in the US.

“I am hoping for some good economic news next month. I didn’t see much of any this month.”

MrT

Post by MrT »

Gunner Rob wrote:So it looks like the right wing is going to get stuffed in the French elections next week - an EU supporting candidate is 20 points ahead in their polls.
Where have all the Brexiteers gone who predicted that the EU was going to disintegrate? It seems that it is actually getting stronger now we have voted to leave :rubchin:

Of course you will be reading in the British right wing propaganda papers that this will make our EU negotiations easier :lol:
Yeah right. Macron has already stated that the UK should not expect any special privileges from Brexit. Macron’s core philosophy is not in doubt. He believes that maintaining the strength of the EU is more important than boosting France’s economic ties with the British.
You really are an absolute whopper.

Remember what they said about Trump and Brexit in the polls before they won? Yeh, don't get so cocky.

You think even if Macron wins this is the end? Nationalism is rising again and they won't put up with mass migration and EU bureaucracy anymore. I'm not sure what you're so giddy about, the biggest EU countries (France and Germany) have severe migration problems which is reaching breaking point. They won't put up with their leaders inaction against extremists. The people don't want anymore third world refugees swarming into their countries. There are going to be civil wars all over Europe if this continues, which it seems like you would enjoy.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

MrT wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:So it looks like the right wing is going to get stuffed in the French elections next week - an EU supporting candidate is 20 points ahead in their polls.

You really are an absolute whopper.

Remember what they said about Trump and Brexit in the polls before they won? Yeh, don't get so cocky.

You think even if Macron wins this is the end? Nationalism is rising again and they won't put up with mass migration and EU bureaucracy anymore. I'm not sure what you're so giddy about, the biggest EU countries (France and Germany) have severe migration problems which is reaching breaking point. They won't put up with their leaders inaction against extremists. The people don't want anymore third world refugees swarming into their countries. There are going to be civil wars all over Europe if this continues, which it seems like you would enjoy.
Mr T is on the money again, did France expect the Republicans and Commies out at the 1st stage, NON!...

So before you start bashing your banjo, I suggest you wait until that fat lady sings... :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Le Pen won't win. It might be closer that the polls predict currently but faced with a straight choice between a right-wing candidate (and proper right- wing not like some people call the Tories right-wing, think somewhere between UKIP and the BNP) they are never likely to plump for the extreme choice. See the presidential election of 2002. Except this time Le Pen is predicted to double the percentage that her dad got in the run-off.

Their run-off system is stacked against the smaller parties in the same way that the first past the post system makes it difficult for the smaller nationwide parties in the UK like UKIP and the Greens.

Le Pen was never going to win but the fact that well over 20% in the first round and somewhere in the region of 12-14 million voters (in a multicultural company including over 5 million Muslims) in the run-off look likely to vote for an extreme right party is hardly a ringing endorsement of the current system and the pro-EU majority. And despite being tremendously pro-EU, having an independent President with zero parliamentary support is not really going to bring more stability.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:. Also hate to tell you this most people who voted for brexit are working class Labour supporters, who funnily enough are left wing. :D :D
Blimey Nutty, you've produced some gems of misinformation on this thread. But this one proves, once and for all, that you are living on a different planet. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He wont read it he is away on business or something, sweeping by here on the off chance in between meetings and reading copies of the FT :lol:

Yes nutty UKIP and Right wing conservatives are very Labour supporting :?
You're funny. Have you even come close to making any sort of constructive debate about Brexit. Every time you've been put on the spot you squirm behind your mod badge ;).

I think if you read up on how political support has changed over the last 7 years, you will see large defections from working class Labour supporters to UKIP with Sunderland/North East a perfect example of this. If there was a general election today the Conservatives would win by a mile even on a proportional representation basis. Thankfully our first past the post system dissipated the amount of power UKIP should perhaps have. UKIP started with defections from the Conservative party/support but times change.
Wow no meetings on a Sunday? :shock: :lol:

I accept that there has been Labour supporters defecting to UKIP so youre right there but most Brexiters are Labour defectors/supporters is just plain wrong.

also how have i hidden behind the mod badge? :?

and how do you know we were badges while we are on here? :lol:
No one is supposed to know about the badges we wear. :shock:

Or the Blowjob Ewoks we get as bonuses - Lefty, OneBard, Peeman, StuartL and their ilk. :D :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:
Blimey Nutty, you've produced some gems of misinformation on this thread. But this one proves, once and for all, that you are living on a different planet. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He wont read it he is away on business or something, sweeping by here on the off chance in between meetings and reading copies of the FT :lol:

Yes nutty UKIP and Right wing conservatives are very Labour supporting :?
You're funny. Have you even come close to making any sort of constructive debate about Brexit. Every time you've been put on the spot you squirm behind your mod badge ;).

I think if you read up on how political support has changed over the last 7 years, you will see large defections from working class Labour supporters to UKIP with Sunderland/North East a perfect example of this. If there was a general election today the Conservatives would win by a mile even on a proportional representation basis. Thankfully our first past the post system dissipated the amount of power UKIP should perhaps have. UKIP started with defections from the Conservative party/support but times change.
Wow no meetings on a Sunday? :shock: :lol:

I accept that there has been Labour supporters defecting to UKIP so youre right there but most Brexiters are Labour defectors/supporters is just plain wrong.

also how have i hidden behind the mod badge? :?

and how do you know we were badges while we are on here? :lol:
No one is supposed to know about the badges we wear. :shock:

Or the Blowjob Ewoks we get as bonuses - Lefty, OneBard, Peeman, StuartL and their ilk. :D :wink:
Apologies for mentioning the badge :?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Ahhhh the Masonic brethren with their Masonic signs and symbols, dib dib dib......

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:Ahhhh the Masonic brethren with their Masonic signs and symbols, dib dib dib......
Have you seen how much it costs to feed these little Blowjob Ewok bastards??!!! :shock:

Lefty alone will eat 20 or 30 Happy Meals a day ffs! :banghead: :shock:

:D :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 04566.html

growing by the day...
:popcorn:
Damn you Rob i thought that was a story about fighting in supermarkets :x

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:Ahhhh the Masonic brethren with their Masonic signs and symbols, dib dib dib......
Have you seen how much it costs to feed these little Blowjob Ewok bastards??!!! :shock:

Lefty alone will eat 20 or 30 Happy Meals a day ffs! :banghead: :shock:

:D :wink:
:lol: