The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

the playing mantis

Re: EU referendum - I told you so thread

Post by the playing mantis »

Gunner Rob wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
I have heard a lot of leavers come out with this utter nonsense.

I take it you are typing this either on a phone or a PC? that means that you have material possessions.
the only people with nothing to lose are those that are sleeping on the streets (increasing numbers by the way)

otherwise I am afraid those in society who dont have a great deal (but not nothing) have the most to lose from Brexit.
everyone is going to become poorer, the NHS is going to become non existent, all because of the billions that is being spent on this futile Brexit idea.
dont forget although we pay a bit into the EU that we get a lot back - most of the EU grants go to the disadvantaged areas of the UK. These regions wont get that money post Brexit.

yes the current system is not great, I am not a big fan of the EU, but it is a lot better than the alternative.
We pay a "bit" I to the Eu :lol: :lol: why do you think they are so upset at us leaving - the rest will have to increase their payment to make up the difference.

"We get a lot back".........but not anywhere near as much as we pay in, hence the problem, a never ending drain on our money that we could and should be deciding where to spend it - schools, nhs, police, transport , etc.
you are very naive if you think that any "extra" money from Brexit will be spent on schools, the NHS, police and transport....very naive
how do you know those regions wont get this money rob?

how do you know where this money will be spent?

i hate to do this but :lol: FACT is we are net loses in whats what we pay and get back to the EU.

anything anyone says is opinion and uneducated from reading a lot of this. all we can go on are what we know and the evidence in front of us, which is simply that the dire warnings of Brexit have so far not come true and the economy and country is doing just fine despite all the scare stories mentioned before the vote, yet are still perpetuated by butt hurt remainers like you and the poster who compared something to nazis.

anything else is purely biased uninformed conjecture tailored to suit your existing viewpoint.

as I have continually said BREXIT has not happened yet!!!

all i have been pointing out is that the warning signs are there for when we do actually leave.

Mrs Mayhem realises that the country is going downhill fast and so has therefore called an election 3 years early.
It is all a big CON and the only winners from Brexit will be the rich.
your persistent i will give you that!

if i had the time or inclination to trawl back im sure i could find some posts from you before that didn't have the caveat that these plagues will only happen once it actually happens and not once we choose to vote out...

the playing mantis

Re: EU referendum - Official Worst Thread Ever

Gunner Rob wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:Opinions, opinions, opinions.

But it would appear that about two thirds of people now support Brexit. This shift might be because people accept they were mislead by Project Fear which warned of an immediate recession if we voted leave. This shift may be because Junker and his cronies have shown themselves to be self interested cockwombles. Their behaviour has been nothing short of disgraceful. This shift may be due to people's inherent belief in democracy. I would guess the shift is due to all three factors. But that's just my opinion. :)
http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/27/more-peop ... t-6600264/ :roll:
yawn

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05 ... rt-brexit/

get up to date!

either way a poll carried out on behalf of a paper that wanted to remain (the times) says people now anti brexit. shock horror!

the playing mantis

as itchy baba is back id like to here his opinion on brexit. im sure he will articulate either leaving or remaining in his unique verbiage more succinctly than any of us could.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:as itchy baba is back id like to here his opinion on brexit. im sure he will articulate either leaving or remaining in his unique verbiage more succinctly than any of us could.

is he?

the playing mantis

flash gunner wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:as itchy baba is back id like to here his opinion on brexit. im sure he will articulate either leaving or remaining in his unique verbiage more succinctly than any of us could.

is he?
yep!

3rd post from the bottom:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34817&p=1054472#p1054472

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:

But it would appear that about two thirds of people now support Brexit. This shift might be because people accept they were mislead by Project Fear which warned of an immediate recession if we voted leave. This shift may be because Junker and his cronies have shown themselves to be self interested cockwombles. Their behaviour has been nothing short of disgraceful. This shift may be due to people's inherent belief in democracy. I would guess the shift is due to all three factors. But that's just my opinion. :)
https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/05/12/fo ... ign=brexit :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

olgitgooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

what are you trying to prove?
that there are even more stupid people in the country than last year?

the playing mantis

Gunner Rob wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

what are you trying to prove?
that there are even more stupid people in the country than last year?
why were you out thr country then? :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

olgitgooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Im back! Right oldgit lets start with this survey, as you don't seem to have said much about the findings. Firstly the survey doesn't find 68% of the poll sample wanting to leave the EU, it finds that a large proportion of the people who voted remain have accepted the result and now just want the government to get on with it. That does not mean the same as voting to leave the EU, if there was another referendum!

There's no point in referring to polls now, what's done is done and lets just get on with things. As a country we have to face up to the consequences. Already inflation is at a multi year high, and wages are not keeping up, so there is one thing "project fear" got right.

nut flush gooner

Re: EU referendum - I told you so thread

Post by nut flush gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:I'm surprised that there is so much interest in other countries - I thought that the point of the Brexiters was to bury their heads in the sand and just concentrate on the UK.

anyway the good news is that as I predicted we are all getting poorer
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 31336.html

:barscarf: :barscarf:
Wow! Dire warnings from the Bank of England! They couldn't possibly have got it wrong again? Could they?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01 ... edictions/

:twisted:
"Michael Fish moment" :lol:
Andy Haldane is the biggest fuckwit in the Bank of England, this is the same man who doesnt understand that his own gold plated pension is worth hundreds of thousands, if not millions of pounds.

With regards to the economics, there usually is a lagging effect on the economy. The initial effects have been the pound weakening and inflation rising, this has a direct impact on our standards of living especially as it has been documented recently that earnings are not keeping up with inflation. The pound has strengthened recently from a relatively weak base but its still a good 20/30% below where it has been over the last 5 years, that is not healthy for our economy.

Unemployment again is a lagging indicator, one of the consequences of higher inflation is people stop spending money. That hasn't been seen yet, but lets see how the brexit negotiations go before we start saying we are out of the woods, there is a recession overdue in this country now and I genuinely believe that the next downturn will be more severe than it needs to be because of Brexit.

I have mentioned on several occasions that banks will leave the city of London, taking jobs either into mainland Europe or other financial centres. That was dismissed by this forum, but its been announced and is happening as we speak. Even a few hundred jobs in each bank, amounts to hundreds of millions of pounds in lost taxation revenue.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

"In order to get to the rainbow you must be able to deal with the rain.”

And who said that?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:"In order to get to the rainbow you must be able to deal with the rain.”

And who said that?
Bungle?

:rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:"In order to get to the rainbow you must be able to deal with the rain.”

And who said that?
:lol: :lol:

Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.

:lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

And who said that?

:high5: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

And who said that?

:high5: :lol: :lol: :lol:

quite appropriate for when Brexit goes tits up :D :lol: :lol: