The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Brightonnxtround

Re: EU referendum - Official Worst Thread Ever

Post by Brightonnxtround »

All this claptrap about e u just gets my goat just because we signed a few fucking papers on helping the world and the peoples in it.
All these trade laws , we mustn't trade with certain country's unless we pay the e u or charge said country's more
It's all bollocks
We can't fish in certain areas around our own coast if we do we can only take so much and no more . .
We have to buy things from certain country's and not others
We have to use the right energy. Must be of a certain type .
It's all bollocks """" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Take a good look at the whole world . Go on take a good fucking look
Yes that small island of the coast of a huge continent is little Britain.........
Now tell me we're not being bullied......
in the history of the world they've all tried some succeeded, but not for fucking long
This small island like the small outnumbered boy in the playground that's constantly bullied
Will and must turn
Look back in the annals of time . This country will and must become great again
As will fuckin Arsenal our beloved Arsenal :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Now show some fucking balls people ...........

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:12 pm
All this claptrap about e u just gets my goat just because we signed a few fucking papers on helping the world and the peoples in it.
All these trade laws , we mustn't trade with certain country's unless we pay the e u or charge said country's more
It's all bollocks
We can't fish in certain areas around our own coast if we do we can only take so much and no more . .
Yes that small island of the coast of a huge continent is little Britain.........
in the history of the world they've all tried some succeeded, but not for fucking long
This small island like the small outnumbered boy in the playground that's constantly bullied
Will and must turn
Oh dear :roll:

first of all if you think that the UK is currently being bullied by the EU just wait until the negotiations get going or even worse when we are out of the EU and have to try and make trade deals with countries outside of the EU. We are currently a big player in Europe because of the financial centre in London and are allowed to have our own currency unlike most of the other countries.

in a post Brexit world when the finance sector disperses to other cities in Europe this won't be the case and we will have 27 EU countries telling us what to do. it might have escaped your notice that the UK unlike in the past which you are dreaming of no longer manufactures many things. the Industrial Revolution in the UK has been and gone, so we are no longer the great power that you think we are. The only chance for this country to continue to be on the main stage in the world is by being a prominent member of the EU. You are totally deluded if you think otherwise I am afraid.

I am not the greatest fan of the EU by any means, I don't go waving an EU flag, I am British and very patriotic, BUT to keep that Great in Britain we cannot afford to leave the EU. It really is that simple.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
It's all bollocks

Will and must turn
I'm sure the millions of indigenous people that your military wiped out in Asia, Australia, Africa and America throughout history might have something to say about that... :lol: :wink:

Brightonnxtround

And we were and remain a small island and I bet in a square up with say France we would still give them a licking :D :D :D :D

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:35 am
hertsgunner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:35 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:00 am
Fuck all Europe
Fucking stick too fingers up and leave now
No money you scrounging European super state
Never give in to bullies we never have in the past
If the *word censored* don't like it , what they gonna fucking do
Take us to court , who's fucking courts there's or ours
Now fuck of e u or we'll declare war under extreme provocation *word censored* :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Now you've really made me made :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Same old nationalistic claptrap from the clueless...........

Still living in the past Brighton. Which EDL march did you attend yesterday?
Oh dear nationalist claptrap, you wouldn't be saying that if it was a Scottish ,welsh or Irish bloke coming out with that statement but because he is English you have a pop at him. Good on yer Brighton you give it to them.
It's a pointless rant, and why people overseas think the English are quite arrogant. We would do well to remember that we enforced our will on what is now the commonwealth for hundreds of years politically, socially and economically. Yet when the ball is perceived to be on the other foot, when it really is not we can't hack it?

Despite that we are leaving the EU and negotiations have gone swimmingly so far, not.

By the way most Scots didn't want to leave the EU, and the Welsh only voted marginally in favour despite Brexit possibly doing more harm to them than any other region in the U.K.

If you want to endorse someone who came out with blatantly racist comments the day after the rederendum, that's not my lookout.
Not endorsing any racist comments just get hacked off when it's politically ok for the Scots,Irish and Welsh to have their nationalists supporting what's best for their respective countries but in England if you are in support of English nationalism you are always thought of as being racist.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

hertsgunner wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:44 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:35 am
hertsgunner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:35 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:00 am
Fuck all Europe
Fucking stick too fingers up and leave now
No money you scrounging European super state
Never give in to bullies we never have in the past
If the *word censored* don't like it , what they gonna fucking do
Take us to court , who's fucking courts there's or ours
Now fuck of e u or we'll declare war under extreme provocation *word censored* :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Now you've really made me made :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Same old nationalistic claptrap from the clueless...........

Still living in the past Brighton. Which EDL march did you attend yesterday?
Oh dear nationalist claptrap, you wouldn't be saying that if it was a Scottish ,welsh or Irish bloke coming out with that statement but because he is English you have a pop at him. Good on yer Brighton you give it to them.
It's a pointless rant, and why people overseas think the English are quite arrogant. We would do well to remember that we enforced our will on what is now the commonwealth for hundreds of years politically, socially and economically. Yet when the ball is perceived to be on the other foot, when it really is not we can't hack it?

Despite that we are leaving the EU and negotiations have gone swimmingly so far, not.

By the way most Scots didn't want to leave the EU, and the Welsh only voted marginally in favour despite Brexit possibly doing more harm to them than any other region in the U.K.

If you want to endorse someone who came out with blatantly racist comments the day after the rederendum, that's not my lookout.
Not endorsing any racist comments just get hacked off when it's politically ok for the Scots,Irish and Welsh to have their nationalists supporting what's best for their respective countries but in England if you are in support of English nationalism you are always thought of as being racist.
The Scots where being brainwashed by Nicola Sturgeon and they gave her a bloody nose in the election , too right as well. She got well ahead of herself. I am not suggesting that there aren't nationalists in those countries, there are and the sort of rhetoric that duplicates the sort of crap Brighton comes out with deserves short shrift.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:44 pm
Brightonnxtround wrote:
It's all bollocks

Will and must turn
I'm sure the millions of indigenous people that your military wiped out in Asia, Australia, Africa and America throughout history might have something to say about that... :lol: :wink:
I am not sure history is Brighton's strong point tbh. But give him credit, I am sure he knows the tune to the great escape, just like all those other Engerland fans.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Brightonnxtround

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:37 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:44 pm
Brightonnxtround wrote:
It's all bollocks

Will and must turn
I am not sure history is Brighton's strong point tbh. But give him credit, I am sure he knows the tune to the great escape, just like all those other Engerland fans.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I hate when you do that nut it's England I do worry sometimes about the English people
Of this great land who have been for so long now denied there nationality
My daughter is of the same opinion as you nut ,
She sees no benefit from being labelled English, yet she is as English as is possible to be .
Grandparents from Wisbech we're all from the east of England on my side , her mums side are londoners ...

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I'm sure the millions of indigenous people that your military wiped out in Asia, Australia, Africa and America throughout history might have something to say about that...

Just as people subjugated by Romans, Norse, Portuguese, Spanish , North Americans, Huns , Turks, et al
The world has a history of settlement and Empire building, we were responsible for some of it but can't be held responsible for all . It was the way it was and as unpleasant as it is to the modern day liberal , rightly or wrongly the views held in the past were different.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The trouble with Brexit is that the leavers focus too much on the past.

Open your eyes and look at the future.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:04 am
I've seen the future,Phillip K.Dick showed me it ,it is murder !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:25 am
I'm sure the millions of indigenous people that your military wiped out in Asia, Australia, Africa and America throughout history might have something to say about that...

Just as people subjugated by Romans, Norse, Portuguese, Spanish , North Americans, Huns , Turks, et al
The world has a history of settlement and Empire building, we were responsible for some of it but can't be held responsible for all . It was the way it was and as unpleasant as it is to the modern day liberal , rightly or wrongly the views held in the past were different.
Who said you were "responsible for all"? The fact other nations/peoples did similar doesn't make a difference to the fact that the British military committed genocide throughout history. Either way, it was a flippant response to Brighton's claim that Britain has been historically "bullied" and wasn't me having a pop at the British.

Also, any normal right minded person would find any form of genocide by any nation/people "unpleasant". Finding such things wrong or unpleasant is not just the province of a modern day liberal - and if you are trying to label me as a modern day liberal you could not be further from the truth. :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:

This post just changed my mind. Im a remainer now :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:26 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

This post just changed my mind. Im a remainer now :shock:
#flipflopper :barscarf: :lol:

:wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

My point is that feelings and attitudes change.What was accepted as the norm is now deemed not to be acceptable . Sometimes you just have to accept that it was how it was and move on.