The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:36 am

Oh yeah all a big joke that Brits are getting poorer.
:roll:
I forgot you were all over this garbage too ,you really are a self important sap !
Only saying things as they are.
At least I live in the real world as opposed to your fantasy one.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Only saying things as they are.
At least I live in the real world as opposed to your fantasy one.
I really wish I did sometimes Rob .
I dream about a wonderful Wenger Free Arsenal playing at Highbury without the tourists ,arsenal nouveau selfie fans ,remoaners ,walcott, reality TV or Off peak electricity.
But then I wake up and realise it ain't going to be today !

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Another great milestone reached today regarding our exit from federal Europe
Nice to see our political powers are getting on with the nitty gritty of what our nation voted for
Very encouraging :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:20 pm
Another great milestone reached today regarding our exit from federal Europe
Nice to see our political powers are getting on with the nitty gritty of what our nation voted for
Very encouraging :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
you mean the stupid part of the nation.

the rest of us don't want any part of it and still think that it was the wrong decision.
name me one benefit of what you think that your Brexit will achieve.

Brightonnxtround

Thats rather cutting and if i my so a very narrow view of our great nation and unfair
On over half who knew exactly why they voted the way they did .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:22 pm
Thats rather cutting and if i my so a very narrow view of our great nation and unfair
On over half who knew exactly why they voted the way they did .
That's the point though isn't it.
Most of those who voted for Brexit didn't really know what they were voting for - if people knew that all Brexit would achieve is for the majority of us to get poorer then they wouldn't have voted for it.

Only people who will benefit from Brexit are the rich

Brightonnxtround

Somethings really are more important than money my friend capitalists and bankers in all corners of the world , do not understand this .. :idea:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:29 pm
Somethings really are more important than money my friend capitalists and bankers in all corners of the world , do not understand this .. :idea:
yeah the NHS is a good starting point - that is going to be killed off by Brexit. well done.

oh and you do realise that immigration is still going to continue post Brexit dont you?
i see you have yet to come up with one benefit of Brexit - keep thinking :lol:

Brightonnxtround

Immigration has been happening in these isles for hundreds of years
And you're right not being a member of federal Europe will never change that ,
But we can't continue with this open door policy ( 1 ) because like you are deriding me now for my views in an open and free society, as people like you in there day derided a certain politician of his day and has since been proven correct, in the last few years my friend we have certainly had rivers of blood on our streets , or is that me being an absolute c*unt and in your eyes a ra*ist , to that I say BOLLOCKS .................. :wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:05 pm
Brightonnxtround wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:29 pm
yeah the NHS is a good starting point - that is going to be killed off by Brexit. well done.

oh and you do realise that immigration is still going to continue post Brexit dont you?
:lol:
yes we know, your mob on the other hand, don't seem to think so

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

i see you have yet to come up with one benefit of Brexit - keep thinking

Here's a few :-
1 :- Lower tariffs on imports.
2 :- No payments to Brussels,
3 :- Targetted redistibution of that money to businesses currently subsidised from rebates on the money that we originally donated
4 :- Gradual controlled increase in the value of sterling.
5 :- Better job prospects for skilled workers.
6 :- Short term contracts for unskilled migrant workers reverting to them leaving as seasonal work ends as they used to before it became profitable to stay .

No doubt a percentage of the profit on cheaper imports will be swallowed by the retailers ( because that's what they do ) but that can be controlled to bring the average supermarket bill down to the general public. e.g. I believe that your average South African grapes currently have a 7 to 8 % surcharge paid to Brussels that would go for starters along with the surcharge on all other goods sourced from outside the e.u.

Just a few benefits for the average Joe in the suburbs and country as a whole. .

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

as people like you in there day derided a certain politician of his day and has since been proven correct, in the last few years my friend we have certainly had rivers of blood on our streets , or is that me being an absolute c*unt and in your eyes a ra*ist , to that I say BOLLOCKS .................. :wink:

Careful you can get attacked for suggesting that .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Immigration has been happening in these isles for hundreds of years
And you're right not being a member of federal Europe will never change that ,
But we can't continue with this open door policy ( 1 ) because like you are deriding me now for my views in an open and free society, as people like you in there day derided a certain politician of his day and has since been proven correct, in the last few years my friend we have certainly had rivers of blood on our streets , or is that me being an absolute c*unt and in your eyes a ra*ist , to that I say BOLLOCKS .................. :wink:
I see....Brexit for you is all about the fear of immigration.

your attitude is stuff the other consequences, the fact that the country faces falling living standards, rising inflation, slower growth and lower productivity. stuff the fact that our international reputation has been seriously damaged, leaving the UK weak with diminished influence in an increasingly uncertain and unstable world :roll:

Brightonnxtround

I feel like I'm being attacked all the time , we live in a democracy don't we ??
How is being a member of an elite European club that bully's and penalises
The weak and feeble and I count our own government one of the weakest,
I can't think of how many times I've said this but l will say it again .
If your walking along the road and someone attacks you , you have 2 choices
1/ you attack them back Or 2/ you fucking run
And if you walk out onto that street the next day , depending how you reacted the first day and you are attacked again you will probably do the same again .....
So if you say ran away and I suppose 80% of people would and it worked then running
Is your default setting and our beloved nation has been set in default run for years
Well the wagons rolling even federal Europe wants us to Get On With It and leave ,
And when it's all over and we've left . Just mybe this nation will be part of the 20%
That fights back when we're attacked , have a good day all :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:19 pm
i see you have yet to come up with one benefit of Brexit - keep thinking

Here's a few :-
1 :- Lower tariffs on imports.
2 :- No payments to Brussels,
3 :- Targetted redistibution of that money to businesses currently subsidised from rebates on the money that we originally donated
4 :- Gradual controlled increase in the value of sterling.
5 :- Better job prospects for skilled workers.
6 :- Short term contracts for unskilled migrant workers reverting to them leaving as seasonal work ends as they used to before it became profitable to stay .

No doubt a percentage of the profit on cheaper imports will be swallowed by the retailers ( because that's what they do ) but that can be controlled to bring the average supermarket bill down to the general public. e.g. I believe that your average South African grapes currently have a 7 to 8 % surcharge paid to Brussels that would go for starters along with the surcharge on all other goods sourced from outside the e.u.

Just a few benefits for the average Joe in the suburbs and country as a whole. .
Finally! someone has come up with the benefits of leaving the EU.
About time and fair play for listing these. I will try and act less like a c*nt on this thread from now on. :lol:

I agree with your first 2 points, not sure that 3. will happen but ok.
not quite sure how you think sterling will increase - it is currently going backwards against the mighty euro.
not sure how 5. will happen but hopefully it will, and I do wonder where you are going to get these unskilled migrant workers from when the sterling gets ever weaker, but I suppose lets wait and see.

biggest problem I have is that any advantages are automatically cancelled out by all the negative effects of Brexit.
you do realise that we are unlikely to have any trade deals in place post Brexit and you will find that the rest of the world will be far harder to trade with than the EU.
Already the NHS is losing thousands from its workforce so that's gone, meanwhile you remember all those retired expats that we offloaded to clog up the Spanish health system. Well they will all be returning because they wont be able to afford to stay in Spain...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 66286.html