The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

flash gunner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:22 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:57 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:49 pm
Oops Rob the country is going to the dogs you're right

https://news.sky.com/story/ftse-100-clo ... h-11111761
I will not believe that until I see a photo of Attenborough fighting some Polish dudes in a supermarket aisle. 8)

:D :wink:
:lol:

Its getting close mate Attenborough has never been so angry

Well, not since that time he threw that monkey into the sea in Thailand. Or was that the Work Geordie from Alan Partridge? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:
:coffeespit:

You can tell by the tone of his voice on Blue Planet 2 how angry he is!!

and dont forget the time Attenborough flipped 'em over and ffffffff.......... And funnily enough, it lands on its wheels and it starts first time and they just drove away

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:50 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:22 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:57 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:49 pm
Oops Rob the country is going to the dogs you're right

https://news.sky.com/story/ftse-100-clo ... h-11111761
I will not believe that until I see a photo of Attenborough fighting some Polish dudes in a supermarket aisle. 8)

:D :wink:

Its getting close mate Attenborough has never been so angry

Well, not since that time he threw that monkey into the sea in Thailand. Or was that the Work Geordie from Alan Partridge? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:
:coffeespit:

You can tell by the tone of his voice on Blue Planet 2 how angry he is!!

and dont forget the time Attenborough flipped 'em over and ffffffff.......... And funnily enough, it lands on its wheels and it starts first time and they just drove away
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Superb. 8)

Tell me about the ladyboys.... :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:18 pm
200 pages of this shit? :shock:

You absolute cúnts. :box: :censored:

:wink:
Shut it,its all the fault of the oirish anyway ,they love a referendum ,they have about 5 up their sleeves at any given moment ,and of they don't like the result they make them do it again .
We just picked up on the vibe and thought we'd have one too ! :box: :blah: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:17 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:18 pm
200 pages of this shit? :shock:

You absolute cúnts. :box: :censored:

:wink:
Shut it,its all the fault of the oirish anyway ,they love a referendum ,they have about 5 up their sleeves at any given moment ,and of they don't like the result they make them do it again .
We just picked up on the vibe and thought we'd have one too ! :box: :blah: :lol:
Haha so true... :lol:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

29th march 2019 :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:53 am
Herd 6 months ago you said you were leaving this thread but you keep rearing your ugly head again. For that, I will give you credit for your persistence.

However, I want people who run this country to be knowledgeable, educated and qualified to make those difficult decisions. By and large, they are. People talk about the elite, but at least they understand the true issues surrounding Brexit even if they do want to leave the EU. I can accept that.

What I can't accept is the utter shite some brexiteers come up with as a justification for their vote, and the continual denial that leaving the EU will and is doing more harm than good. For that reason I don't think the vote should have been offered.

Your little Hitler reference is comical tbh. If ever something has/could be totally taken out of context it has to be that. I question if you are in touch with reality when all I am saying that we should apply democratic process via parliament rather than a referendum. That's not in any way being dictatorial. Perhaps you should look up the definitions of words/terms that sound good in debates ;).
Its people like you that keep me going Mr Flush ,people who make sweeping assumptions and try to label anyone who doesn't agree with them somehow less intelligent or miss informed but themselves know little of anything beyond what the remoaner press tell them.
I unlike you however ,do not take myself very seriously ,I gave my opinions on why we wont leave to EU in any meaningful way but I know no more than you or anyone else as to what Brexit will bring because we have no clue what package we will end up with, if any .
Unlike you I have zero confidence in our politicians desire to serve us instead of themselves .Despite going to fancy universities have very few relevant qualifications like a degree in economics as a basic minimum, a PPE from Oxford doesn't cut it for me. Have a check there aren't many in parliament !
Your I know better approach is very dictatorial but you like most dictator types cant see it and keeps me coming back for more .
It's not a question of agreeing or disagreeing, it's a question of putting a coherent tangible and dare I say it an intelligent argument for leaving the EU.

If people talk crap is it not right to highlight what they say is factually incorrect?

With regards to whether I take myself seriously or not is irrelevant tbh. The fact you base your observations on what I say in a forum as opposed to in person is worrying. I guess that's just how powerful the internet is these days. Do yourself a favour and look up the definition of words/phrases you don't know the meaning of.

Nevertheless, I take leaving the EU very seriously and no joke. A few years ago our economic growth was top of the G7, now we are bottom. Why is that? Perhaps the business confidence is being sapped out of our economy as we make a pigs ear out of leaving the EU.

If you want to talk about qualifications and economics listen to Vince Cable, he predicted the financial crash and is also saying that leaving the EU will damage our countries economy. That's good enough for me over some numpty on a footy forum, who doesn't get how currencies fluctuate on the markets. There are millions like that across the country, that just use it as a veil over immigration.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:07 am
nothing really to celebrate though is it ?

Herd

Post by Herd »

It's not a question of agreeing or disagreeing, it's a question of putting a coherent tangible and dare I say it an intelligent argument for leaving the EU.

If people talk crap is it not right to highlight what they say is factually incorrect? last time I debunked one of your bullshit stories about the city and tax , you ran away for three months .You are so blinded and inebriated with your own verbosity that you fail like most that are convinced of their own genius to realise that opinion isn't fact

With regards to whether I take myself seriously or not is irrelevant tbh. The fact you base your observations on what I say in a forum as opposed to in person is worrying. I guess that's just how powerful the internet is these days. Do yourself a favour and look up the definition of words/phrases you don't know the meaning of.
There you go again suggesting people who don't agree with you are a leetle bit dim what a knob you are !
Nevertheless, I take leaving the EU very seriously and no joke. A few years ago our economic growth was top of the G7, now we are bottom. Why is that? Perhaps the business confidence is being sapped out of our economy as we make a pigs ear out of leaving the EU. Il agree they are making a pigs ear out of it ,that's because they don't want to leave and they will cripple us until it gets reversed and it I think it will. that was my only argument at the start of all this if you remember

If you want to talk about qualifications and economics listen to Vince Cable, he predicted the financial crash and is also saying that leaving the EU will damage our countries economy. That's good enough for me over some numpty on a footy forum, who doesn't get how currencies fluctuate on the markets.[There it is again those elected superbrains that know better than us There are millions like that across the country, that just use it as a veil over immigration.
I have a degree in economics ,but yea I'm a numpty pal . . . . .just like you ! Immigrations another valid concern but not in itself a reason to leave the EU 1

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
Independence day :unionjack:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Apparently leavers shouldn't buy poppies :D :D :D
I wonder what they'll think of next , mybe when we leave federal Europe
We won't be able to celebrate xmas ........... :D :D :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:13 am

If people talk crap is it not right to highlight what they say is factually incorrect? last time I debunked one of your bullshit stories about the city and tax , you ran away for three months .You are so blinded and inebriated with your own verbosity that you fail like most that are convinced of their own genius to realise that opinion isn't fact

There you go again suggesting people who don't agree with you are a leetle bit dim what a knob you are !
Nevertheless, I take leaving the EU very seriously and no joke. A few years ago our economic growth was top of the G7, now we are bottom. Why is that? Perhaps the business confidence is being sapped out of our economy as we make a pigs ear out of leaving the EU. Il agree they are making a pigs ear out of it ,that's because they don't want to leave and they will cripple us until it gets reversed and it I think it will. that was my only argument at the start of all this if you remember

If you want to talk about qualifications and economics listen to Vince Cable, he predicted the financial crash and is also saying that leaving the EU will damage our countries economy. That's good enough for me over some numpty on a footy forum, who doesn't get how currencies fluctuate on the markets.[There it is again those elected superbrains that know better than us There are millions like that across the country, that just use it as a veil over immigration.
I have a degree in economics ,but yea I'm a numpty pal . . . . .just like you ! Immigrations another valid concern but not in itself a reason to leave the EU 1
Errr perhaps that was because I was in hospital, and then had a recovery period? There's a word that I am pretty sure I can't use on this forum to describe you herd, pretty accurate too. But lets carry on the debate ehhh.

With regards to economics, will be interesting to hear your economic theories as that's one thing you haven't blessed us with yet. By the way I was referring to other posters. But bring on the economics discussion herd I am all ears. You can also tell me how you wen't from being an Economics geek to a football thug.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:34 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:

oh of course....Independence Day :barscarf: :barscarf:
silly me... :roll:

what is everyone looking forward to the most after we have taken back control then ? :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

If you've been ill and in hospital and have had to recover then I'm genuinely sorry . I wouldn't wish illness on my real enemies let alone a fellow gooner who I've had silly spats with .
I hope you are recovering and getting better for you and your families sake.
Since you asked I got my degree in later life ,left schooling at a level/ond stage as I supported myself leaving home at 18 and my passion was Arsenal and went everywhere . I got in to the rougher parts of life because when I was young Arsenals away support was woeful in the extreme. Going away was dangerous and you would often get picked off by vultures . I counted 87 people at west brom ffs and our so called leader and his pals left us at half time,30 odd terrified kids ,Imagine that .I got us out but Id had enough . . I don't like violence ,never have but I like it even less when its done to me.So I started running coaches for the youngsters of which I was one . Our little group had black guys who would routinely be picked on by OB and racist fans and didn't like to travel ,it was that bad ,plus, Turks, Greeks, Nepalese Irish and English . We took no shit and yes that did lead to more than 1 fracas but that's life . By the early 80's things changed and our away support grew enough to stop doing them. I use the moniker because the Herd grew out of those lads some of whom were 14 at the time. Many so called normals, Arsenal people who used to go away in those dark days were very grateful because we took the heat off them ,and we took them back to the station or got them on buses b4 we left if things got rough.
A large amount of those guys went on to do good things with their lives ,and nearly all have kids who they made dam sure would never get involved in such shit .I have 2 sons who both went to uni, they have never been in any trouble of any sort .
I have taken exception to your arrogance and blindness ,but I have never said I know the answers to what is a very complicated issue but I do believe in the long term we are better of out because of the corrupt structure of the Eu juggernaut as it now stands and have done for years. To get involved in a real discussion its easier to do in person , posting bits n bobs on tinternet wont do and as Ive found out only entrenches peoples positions.
I disagree with a lot of my pals on Brexit and Wenger but we still love each other and respect our different views .
I like you are very worried about the current mess since the referendum and we could well suffer for years if our idiot politicians screw it up. In the past our country was run by civil servant mandarins who would ease and temper the drastic effects of silly ideological politicians but nowadays government's use consultants whose only aim is to get rich at our expense ! They certainly aren't doing a good job . Get well and be lucky !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:02 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:34 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:

oh of course....Independence Day :barscarf: :barscarf:
silly me... :roll:

what is everyone looking forward to the most after we have taken back control then ? :lol:
I've emailed the BBC to ask them to advise Attenorough not to go out that day, you can guarantee something bad will happen to him like a flower pot on the head from a 10 storey building or something :?