The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

A11M11

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by A11M11 »

Quote David Cameron 22nd June 2016 :- "" “I believe it will one way or another be decisive. Britain will not want to go through this again. On the other hand if we vote to leave, this really is irreversible.""

""“I am absolutely clear a referendum is a referendum, it’s a once in a generation, once in a lifetime opportunity and the result determines the outcome ... You can’t have neverendums, you have referendums.” Cameron again 17th May 2016.

Then again 10th January 2016 he said :-
: I will stay as PM if I lose EU referendum .

It was of course only after they lost that it suddenly became advisory because that is not what was said prior to the vote.

He lied and lied again and then again , The general public do not read Hansard or the London Gazette and so they tend to accept what the prime minister says on the subject would be gospel. Wasn't until after the result was known that the Guardian came up with.
" Parliament is sovereign and, if Brexit wins, Cameron will not be legally obliged to invoke the Lisbon treaty to start an EU exit "

Now he is leading our campaign in China to boost trade as confirmed by Philip Hammond . Nice job for a man that turned his back on the country he professed to be proud to lead . Still at this time of the year I suppose we should have a little sympathy for Baron Hardup.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:28 am
Quote David Cameron 22nd June 2016 :- "" “I believe it will one way or another be decisive. Britain will not want to go through this again. On the other hand if we vote to leave, this really is irreversible.""

""“I am absolutely clear a referendum is a referendum, it’s a once in a generation, once in a lifetime opportunity and the result determines the outcome ... You can’t have neverendums, you have referendums.” Cameron again 17th May 2016.

Then again 10th January 2016 he said :-
: I will stay as PM if I lose EU referendum .

It was of course only after they lost that it suddenly became advisory because that is not what was said prior to the vote.

He lied and lied again and then again , The general public do not read Hansard or the London Gazette and so they tend to accept what the prime minister says on the subject would be gospel. Wasn't until after the result was known that the Guardian came up with.
" Parliament is sovereign and, if Brexit wins, Cameron will not be legally obliged to invoke the Lisbon treaty to start an EU exit "

Now he is leading our campaign in China to boost trade as confirmed by Philip Hammond . Nice job for a man that turned his back on the country he professed to be proud to lead . Still at this time of the year I suppose we should have a little sympathy for Baron Hardup.
why would you take notice of a remainer like David Cameron ?
maybe you should have listened more to the leaver, Nigel Farage who in May 2016 said that "a narrow 52-48% win for Remain side would be “unfinished business” and would prompt him to fight for a second referendum"

one rule for the leavers and one for the remainers is it?

anyway coming back to my original point the EU referendum 2016 is not legally binding and was only ever an advisory vote.

it was legislated for under the provisions of the European Union Referendum Act 2015. This an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that made legal provision for a non-binding referendum to be held in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Gibraltar, on whether it should remain a member state of the European Union or leave it

I prefer to deal with facts and not what failed politicians have to say on things. funny you forgot what Farage said though

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Rob < don't get techy , What Farage said was immaterial , he had no power to act on whatever happened he was just a voice making his point. Cameron however was the man in charge and he made the electorate promises that what ever the result it would be acted on.
So whether Farage said he would continue to fight is neither here nor there. One was a leader of a fringe party the other Prime Minister. Who would you say should the public believe.?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Rob < don't get techy , What Farage said was immaterial , he had no power to act on whatever happened he was just a voice making his point. Cameron however was the man in charge and he made the electorate promises that what ever the result it would be acted on.
So whether Farage said he would continue to fight is neither here nor there. One was a leader of a fringe party the other Prime Minister. Who would you say should the public believe.?
well you believed the leader of the fringe party didn't you when you voted...

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

No I made my own mind up on what I have seen over the past 40 years. Having worked with large German ( Bosch ) and French ( Valeo ) companies to working for myself.

Didn't need Farage to tell me what I already had worked out.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:28 pm
No I made my own mind up on what I have seen over the past 40 years. Having worked with large German ( Bosch ) and French ( Valeo ) companies to working for myself.

Didn't need Farage to tell me what I already had worked out.
Well living in East Anglia you haven't figured out the economics of producing poultry in your region. So clearly a lot of thought went into your vote.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I probasbly know a lot more than you hiding up in your ivory tower wherever it is.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Have to say those last 4 or 5 posts have improved this abortion of a thread no end. Finally some bitchy humour from you po-faced wannabe political analyst cúnts. :lol: :wink:

Well played bitches. :barscarf:

:wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Farage to get knighthood in new years honours :barscarf:

www.skynews.com/farageknighthoodhtll50783

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:55 am
Farage to get knighthood in new years honours :barscarf:

www.skynews.com/farageknighthoodhtll50783
And well deserved too! :barscarf:

It's like the final crowning of his cuntness. It's like saying "how much of a cúnt are you? Well here is a knighthood so you can suck royal cock and be an Ubercunt". :x :censored: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nidge Nodge Bish Bash Bosh! Sorttttteddd! 8)

nut flush gooner

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:26 am
https://news.sky.com/story/uk-best-coun ... s-11178253

Rob/Nuttyflush just for you 8) :D
There are umpteen articles/studies that contradict this but I'm taking two weeks off from Brexit bashing you lot.

Merry chrimbo and COYG.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:26 pm
I probasbly know a lot more than you hiding up in your ivory tower wherever it is.
I am totally against ivory hunting, so happy to live in a modest brick built home in a gooner stronghold even though I am nearer spud hq than the Emirates.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: