The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

flash gunner

Re: EU referendum - Official Worst Thread Ever

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Fuck me this thread is as tedious as the Wenger one :banghead:
I see what you did there... :lol: :wink:
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Fuck me this thread is as tedious as the Wenger one :banghead:
The ony thing that us tedious is you coming back saying the same thing every 4 weeks ;)

The debate itself is fluid and slowly evolving as we get closer to enacting article 50. The true impact of brexit won't be felt for a while yet, so like the Wenger thread there's lots of legs in this.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
The ony thing that us tedious is you coming back saying the same thing every 4 weeks ;)

The debate itself is fluid and slowly evolving as we get closer to enacting article 50. The true impact of brexit won't be felt for a while yet, so like the Wenger thread there's lots of legs in this.

This thread evolves it doesnt revol.........

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Round 1 to the EU then (not particularly surprising)

David Davis has already caved in on setting the timetable ON DAY ONE :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Interesting interpretation of the reported news. You remind me of my wife , you see and hear only what you want to. Should give up the guardian and look for a balanced view.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:13 pm
Interesting interpretation of the reported news. You remind me of my wife , you see and hear only what you want to. Should give up the guardian and look for a balanced view.
Do you look at body language when all these leaders meet. It says a lot. David Davies was struggling in quite a firm handshake with Michael Barnier. He also didn't look particularly comfortable in the press conference either. The thing that made me laugh was we gave the EU a book about climbing mountains, they gave us a walking stick!

On the subject of Brexit, the EU have already thrown out any prospect of trade talks in conjunction with the ongoing negotiations, it seems as though hard brexit is what will happen, unless of course the conservatives start fighting with each other, No matter what any brexiteer says there is nothing in place to make up for the damage WTO rules will have on our economy, even the US will jump into bed with the EU before they do with us. We have a weak out of touch Prime Minister, could have another election and more uncertainty ahead.

Not forgetting the £60bn we have to find to exit the EU, just a tad more than the £285m a week on the side of that battle bus that conveniently seems to have been forgotten now, The Europeans have the upper hand, anyone who cannot see that is sadly deluded imio.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:26 am
A11M11 wrote:
Do you look at body language when all these leaders meet. It says a lot. David Davies was struggling in quite a firm handshake with Michael Barnier. He also didn't look particularly comfortable in the press conference either. The thing that made me laugh was we gave the EU a book about climbing mountains, they gave us a walking stick!

On the subject of Brexit, the EU have already thrown out any prospect of trade talks in conjunction with the ongoing negotiations, it seems as though hard brexit is what will :D happen, unless of course the conservatives start fighting with each other, No matter what any brexiteer says there is nothing in place to make up for the damage WTO rules will have on our economy, even the US will jump into bed with the EU before they do with us. We have a weak out of touch Prime Minister, could have another election and more uncertainty ahead.

Not forgetting the £60bn we have to find to exit the EU, just a tad more than the £285m a week on the side of that battle bus that conveniently seems to have been forgotten now, The Europeans have the upper hand, anyone who cannot see that is sadly deluded imio.
We can always rely on you nut flush to bring us the good news ....

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:55 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

On the subject of Brexit, the EU have already thrown out any prospect of trade talks in conjunction with the ongoing negotiations, it seems as though hard brexit is what will :D happen, unless of course the conservatives start fighting with each other, No matter what any brexiteer says there is nothing in place to make up for the damage WTO rules will have on our economy, even the US will jump into bed with the EU before they do with us. We have a weak out of touch Prime Minister, could have another election and more uncertainty ahead.

Our very own "Forum Soothsayer"
"Beware the Ides of March"..... :blah: :blah: :blah: :yawn: :suicide:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

[quote="nut flush gooner"
[/quote]

those wanting to jump off a cliff into a hard Brexit have a very similar mentality to those wanting to keep Wenger as manager.

total delusion

nut flush gooner

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Hang on a minute is it not unreasonable when you make such a monumental decision, to try and think out what the consequences are? Your predictions may be right they may be wrong, but it's better to make an educated guess than just ride roughshod over every piece of evidence that may suggest leaving the EU may do us more harm than good. Losing £60 bn from our coffers isn't a good start for sure.

We have to be very careful with the way we handle immigration too. When I was in hospital recently a large proportion of the staff both medical and non medical come from the EU. If they feel they are no longer welcome in this country and decide they want to go home,then we have got a huge potential problem. The same applies to care home staff.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:47 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Hang on a minute is it not unreasonable when you make such a monumental decision, to try and think out what the consequences are? Your predictions may be right they may be wrong, but it's better to make an educated guess than just ride roughshod over every piece of evidence that may suggest leaving the EU may do us more harm than good. Losing £60 bn from our coffers isn't a good start for sure.

We have to be very careful with the way we handle immigration too. When I was in hospital recently a large proportion of the staff both medical and non medical come from the EU. If they feel they are no longer welcome in this country and decide they want to go home,then we have got a huge potential problem. The same applies to care home staff.
Sorry to hear that nut hope your ok now

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Methinks some people are about to reap what they sew :rubchin:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:29 am
[quote="nut flush gooner"
those wanting to jump off a cliff into a hard Brexit have a very similar mentality to those wanting to keep Wenger as manager.

total delusion
[/quote]

I know this is an Arsenal forum but why do people feel the need to compare the other side to AKBs in any discussion about anything??

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:47 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Hope you're better now Nutty..... I don't understand the whole NHS immigration argument really, i don't know how it will work out for the government in these negotiations but if we introduced visas for EU nationals to work here when we leave and we (as we do now) still pay more than they can get from their country of origin then there will be no shortage of people wanting to work here.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The charisma bypass s operation was a complete success I see Flush ,but they haven't managed to stem the flow of utter drivel though!
No eu person working here is going to leave ,that we can control who comes in and stop them from sucking on the ample bosom of our welfare program must be a relief but it wont do much because as we speak hundreds of thousands of eu member citizens who have been here 5 years are already becoming UK citizens !
As usual you scaremonger with your anecdotal bullshit ,don't you have a website to develop ?
Last edited by Herd on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.