The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

good post A11M11 - you sum up the sad mentality of Brexiteers really well.

what comes across is that you see the EU as THEM rather than feeling part of it.
the EU has not been THEM for over 40 years now, and the younger generation who know no different are all happily integrated.

why would they want to leave the world's biggest trading zone for a life of poverty outside of it?

as for the NHS well anyone who uses the NHS and voted for Brexit seriously needs to wake the fuck up.
stop blaming administration for its failure - the UK, like most countries in western europe faces a rapidly ageing population and needs more and more resources to keep it functioning. the elderly have complex health needs and use the NHS far more than the younger generation (including immigrants that come here to work)
the problem is that if Brexit happens there will be less and less money for it - drugs and medicines are already costing a lot more due to the pound collapsing against the euro. They will have to be rationed here in future. Increasingly in the future if you have cancer then it will be back to the old days - where you just die. But of course that's what you lot want isn't it - to return to the past. then of course there will be all the OAPs who had retired to Spain, and with the spanish no longer offering to fund their healthcare they will all be arriving back here with all the costs that will involve...

I haven't even got on to jobs, which will be scarce enough with the rise of the robots. everyone will need to stick together, only the weak and the stupid countries will try to get by on their own. but that's what the UK will become - a great legacy to leave to your kids. NOT

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Yes I confess I do see it as them and us. I don't know your age but I am quite happy to tell you that more than half my life has been spent in the great EU family. During my lifetime I've had the pleasure to travel Europe on my own steam without any free hand outs ,rail cards etc and travelled happiy on a British passport.

I am not sad just sorry for those that cannot see.

you may be happily integrated (swallowed up , assimilated ) you sound like the Borg. but I know quite a few younger people than me that are not happy not only in this country either.
The world's biggest trading zone and poverty , that seems somewhat of an overstatement. If we are to leave and trade on our own we are not going to become Ethiopia overnight.

Apart from saying that the NHS needs more money spent in the right areas , which we agree on . what would you propose to do to make the service more efficient ( apart from euthanasia now you sound like a dalek )
As for drugs costing more , that's unfortunate but the value of the pound was always going to be speculated after a leave vote. However the greatest percentage of prescription drugs are generic and a large proportion of those incur import tariffs as the eu levies on imports from India and the far east where most of them are produced. might be a saving there.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Seconds out, round two, ding ding!... :box: :box: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:11 am
Can’t see any mention of Brexit in that report ? You getting desperate ?

It also states it was still the 6th best year ever !
just being fair :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:22 am
:lol: :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:03 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Feckin awful eh DB!.... :lol: :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
ok I will open with Brian May :lol:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/90227 ... id-Cameron

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

So how’s it looking in here , any action

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I will counter with Roger Daltry

"" “I’m not anti-European but I am anti the present way we are being governed in Europe. The whole system has been corrupted by political ego and massive government overreach.” "

Not to say that doesn't mean any different for politicians everywhere.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:05 am
I will counter with Roger Daltry

"" “I’m not anti-European but I am anti the present way we are being governed in Europe. The whole system has been corrupted by political ego and massive government overreach.” "

Not to say that doesn't mean any different for politicians everywhere.
This is the key point for me. When (if :wink: ) Bexit goes through, you basically go from being fucked over by lying corrupt European politicians back to being fucked over only by your own lying corrupt British politicians. :lol:

I've said it before, I'll say it again - all politicians are corrupt, lying, self-serving, nest-feathering cúnts. And anyone that doesn't understand or grasp that is a naive moron. :censored:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I'm surprised that Brexiteers havent got Brexit sorted out by now - after all you have had long enough.

in the meantime as you all begin to die out, the mood continues to shift.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 49616.html

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Exterminate , Exterminate , Exterminate ,

It's great to feel that we are not a protected species , maybe we will get hunted down for the mercury and gold in our teeth.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:56 am

It's great to feel that we are not a protected species , maybe we will get hunted down for the mercury and gold in our teeth.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:56 am

What about the lead in your pencil :shock: :-P

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Didn’t think I would be agreeing with Peter Stringfellow, but he talks a lot of sense in the Evening Standard today.

He said “ Britain was a small nation in a massively fast-growing world, and should remain part of the EU”

Well of course we should - it is blindingly obvious to anyone with a bit of common sense. Unfortunately the majority of the country is increasingly insular and ignorant.