The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:43 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:25 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:36 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:30 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:13 am

The NHS is already a 3rd world institution thanks to the Conservative government
I agree that the Tories have been gradually destroying the NHS. Fact is you ain’t seen nothing yet! Watch what happens to it after Brexit.

Honestly your "we're doomed" attitude just shows the reliance you place on Euroland where everything is rosy...
"Show me the money" the UK has benefitted by in terms of contributions to the Federal States of Europe...
Now bring in the NHS to support your EU ideology :wink:
Honestly even you are losing direction with all of these smoke screens you are firing up, after March 2019 we shall be free :lol:
what is the point of being free when you won't have the money to do anything though?

the money we currently give to the EU will be swallowed up by the huge divorce bill and then by the fact that the pound will continue to collapse as the economy continues to decline. Living standards, already declining will hit levels not seen since the 1930s.

we won't have taken back control at all - we will be begging the EU to do trade deals with us in order to survive.
you are as usual living in a dream world completely detached from reality.

Rob where have you been since 2008, we don't have the money now! you may have a cushy number but their are millions who have never had a wage increase in over 10 years and that is being in your beloved EU Club where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer...
I cannot see how we as a nation have actually done so well when people are lining up at food banks.
Fuck me I thought 1979 was a bad year!
The EU do not give a fuck about you or me mate, and the sooner you realise that the better!
I would rather be in control of my own destiny through elected members of Parliament by the people and for the people than some unknown mandarins in Europe who are sucking the life out of hardworking upstanding citizens..
£50b! For their pension funds etc over 40 years, they can fuck right off!....
It is not going to be easy, but I would like to think that we still have the balls to tell them where to go, and £50b saved would be a good start.
I have barely had a pay rise in the last 10 years, but what I have seen since the Brexit vote is that adding to the pay freeze has been an increase in prices , and the euro is now worth significantly more than the English pound these days!
yes the EU is not perfect but things are going to be a LOT WORSE outside of it. That's when the poor really will get poor.
currently the poorest regions of the UK receive EU funding. Brexit will end all that.

Brexit is purely a mechanism to see the rich get richer and to destabilize Europe.
why do you think that Russia wants Brexit to go ahead!? Russia will benefit from a weaker Europe.

As for the £50 billion you do realise that is not for a trade deal but just to start talking to them?
An actual trade deal (which will be worse than we have now) will cost us even more!!! Brexit is madness - i will get poorer, you will get poorer, most of Europe will get poorer - and for what ??? so a few old people like you can get nostalgic about the past? :banghead: :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

just seen a good tweet which basically sums everything up

"The Brexit bill wasn't going to be big; the Irish border wasn't going to be a problem; the NHS would get funding; the U.S. would be our best friend. Ho ho ho. Merry Christmas" :D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 am

"The Brexit bill wasn't going to be big; the Irish border wasn't going to be a problem; the NHS would get funding; the U.S. would be our best friend. Ho ho ho. Merry Christmas" :D
I told Attenborough to delete his account, silly old sod :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:01 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fucking Attenborough.... :banghead:

He will bring the UK to its knees... and then kick the shit out of a couple of Grannies in Marks and Spencers Food Hall. :box:

:barscarf: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:24 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:01 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fucking Attenborough.... :banghead:

He will bring the UK to its knees... and then kick the shit out of a couple of Grannies in Marks and Spencers Food Hall. :box:

:barscarf: :lol:
:lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

stop being so doom and gloom flash - no one knows what's going to happen :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:26 pm
stop being so doom and gloom flash - no one knows what's going to happen :lol: :wink:
Referendum II on its way

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

[*]Image[/img][/img]
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:43 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:25 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:36 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:30 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:13 am

The NHS is already a 3rd world institution thanks to the Conservative government
I agree that the Tories have been gradually destroying the NHS. Fact is you ain’t seen nothing yet! Watch what happens to it after Brexit.

Honestly your "we're doomed" attitude just shows the reliance you place on Euroland where everything is rosy...
"Show me the money" the UK has benefitted by in terms of contributions to the Federal States of Europe...
Now bring in the NHS to support your EU ideology :wink:
Honestly even you are losing direction with all of these smoke screens you are firing up, after March 2019 we shall be free :lol:
what is the point of being free when you won't have the money to do anything though?

the money we currently give to the EU will be swallowed up by the huge divorce bill and then by the fact that the pound will continue to collapse as the economy continues to decline. Living standards, already declining will hit levels not seen since the 1930s.

we won't have taken back control at all - we will be begging the EU to do trade deals with us in order to survive.
you are as usual living in a dream world completely detached from reality.

[*]Rob where have you been since 2008, we don't have the money now! you may have a cushy number but their are millions who have never had a wage increase in over 10 years and that is being in your beloved EU Club where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer...
I cannot see how we as a nation have actually done so well when people are lining up at food banks.
Fuck me I thought 1979 was a bad year!
The EU do not give a fuck about you or me mate, and the sooner you realise that the better!
I would rather be in control of my own destiny through elected members of Parliament by the people and for the people than some unknown mandarins in Europe who are sucking the life out of hardworking upstanding citizens..
£50b! For their pension funds etc over 40 years, they can fuck right off!....
It is not going to be easy, but I would like to think that we still have the balls to tell them where to go, and £50b saved would be a good start.
Here here :D :D

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Bring on war in Europe it has to be a good option.....

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 am
war is never a good option :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
I hope I'm wrong but I'm assuming that you are serious as I see no emoticons to indicate otherwise, mate?

If so then seriously that comment is beyond stupid. :oops:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:41 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
war is never a good option :roll:
Disagree we need a clear out

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

https://www.theguardian.com/voluntary-s ... um=twitter

note that this article mentions EU FUNDING.

For Brexiteers who don't understand this that means that the EU gives the UK money. Yes it really does happen.
Of course when we "take back control" this won't be needed :rubchin:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

From the house of Commons library :-
As a member of the European Union the UK makes payments, or contributions, to the EU budget. The UK also receives funding, or receipts, from the EU. The EU provides funding for various agricultural, social, economic development and competitiveness programmes.

The UK receives a rebate from the EU which reduces its contribution. The rebate aims to correct the issue of the UK making relatively large net contributions to the EU.

In 2016/17 the UK made an estimated gross contribution (after the rebate) of £12.2 billion. The UK received £4.1 billion of public sector receipts from the EU, so the UK’s net public sector contribution to the EU was an estimated £8.1 billion.

Some of that funding no doubt filters down to charities but in the main is refunded for projects which are EU approved like my local bike path stretching 8 miles from one village to the next at a cost of £ 1.5 million which is hardly used by "" serious cyclists " who prefer to wobble about 4 or 5 abreast blocking the country lanes in their Sky logo lycra . Whilst the village school was closed because of lack of funding.

Thanks a bunch.