The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

the playing mantis

Re: EU referendum - how shit is this thread??

Post by the playing mantis »

flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:i will be just pleased when this Article 50 is finally triggered this week.
over to you Brexiteers, I am looking forward to this rosy future that we are all going to share in :barscarf:
Everything becomes shaky for a few weeks and the crowing will start from you i'm sure
dont you mean a few YEARS :lol:
No it will be weeks or months max
even if it is, who knows whether its directly due to brexit or not, its nearly impossible to prove. simple fact that many are missing is correlation is not causation.

same thing if things pick up. no one can prove economy cycles are caused by it, sovereignty, potential immigration controls, and removal from EU institutions are quantifiable though if and when they happen

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am sick of hearing from the LEAVERS coming out with the usual rubbish "who knows what will happen" and "if there are problems you can't say it is all the fault of Brexit"

you all sound like AKBs at the start of the season "I think we can challenge for the league title" or "this might be the year that Wenger changes" :banghead:

same deluded nonsense, different issue.

you only had to watch the channel 4 documentary last night on Brexit and the NHS to see that the problems caused by Brexit ARE ALREADY STARTING TO HAPPEN. As the EU workers start to leave the UK, guess what there are not going to be enough people to fill the gaps.
Who would have thought that :roll:

Scotland - it has been obvious since 23 June that the SNP will try for independence again, and as the nightmare of Brexit unfolds it is fairly obvious they will get it this time.

The pound - already very weak and people are spending more than they have. In case you hadn't noticed (don't worry you will) prices are steadily going up as the cost of importing raw materials into the UK soars. Meanwhile pay rises continue to flatline...

Oh and by the way wasn't the EU supposed to have fallen apart by now?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:I am sick of hearing from the LEAVERS coming out with the usual rubbish "who knows what will happen" and "if there are problems you can't say it is all the fault of Brexit"

you all sound like AKBs at the start of the season "I think we can challenge for the league title" or "this might be the year that Wenger changes" :banghead:

you only had to watch the channel 4 documentary last night on Brexit and the NHS to see that the problems caused by Brexit ARE ALREADY STARTING TO HAPPEN. As the EU workers start to leave the UK, guess what there are not going to be enough people to fill the gaps.

Scotland - it has been obvious since 23 June that the SNP will try for independence again, and as the nightmare of Brexit unfolds it is fairly obvious they will get it this time.

The pound - already very weak and people are spending more than they have. In case you hadn't noticed (don't worry you will) prices are steadily going up as the cost of importing raw materials into the UK soars. Meanwhile pay rises continue to flatline...

Wonder what David Attenborough thinks :? Are they fighting in the supermarkets yet? :?

Calm down dear :lol:

the playing mantis

Gunner Rob wrote:I am sick of hearing from the LEAVERS coming out with the usual rubbish "who knows what will happen" and "if there are problems you can't say it is all the fault of Brexit"

:lol:

the playing mantis

any proof on all this?! or again opinion.

perhaps the money saved from propping up scotland when they f off can be used to make up for the shortfall caused by brexit?!

EU is extremely harmonious currently isn't it what with the tusk issue and the back on the plan table for a 2 speed europe.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Have we left yet?

Nicola Sturgeon seems on a one man mission to destroy Scotland, finishing the job Thatcher started. The EU ruined the second main exporting industry Scotland had, does she really believe they can survive on just oil exports? No wonder she's calling for the remainers to move to Scotland, she needs their income to boost their economy.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

the playing mantis wrote:

any proof on all this?! or again opinion.

perhaps the money saved from propping up scotland when they f off can be used to make up for the shortfall caused by brexit?!

EU is extremely harmonious currently isn't it what with the tusk issue and the back on the plan table for a 2 speed europe.
Still talking bollocks I see. Scotland aside, inflation is already seeping into our economy. Petrol prices are now 20% more than they where pre referendum. Brent Crude (which along with the exchange rate is a determinant of the price of petrol) is less than half of what it was 3 years ago, when petrol was a similar price to what it is now.

With regards to food etc, it will take time for the higher prices to seep into the economy, but for sure it will happen. Manufacturers are already reporting higher costs which again will lead to higher prices in the shops. So when your pay rise each year is less than the increase in the cost of goods and services in the UK, you can thank yourself for this predicament.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... of-england

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Think the Remainers are the AKBs in all this actually. The EU is Wenger, a lying, deceitful, corrupt dictatorship, and the Leavers are the ones sick of the status quo and willing to take a few years of transition for a better future :barscarf:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Nos89 wrote:Have we left yet?

Nicola Sturgeon seems on a one man mission to destroy Scotland, finishing the job Thatcher started. The EU ruined the second main exporting industry Scotland had, does she really believe they can survive on just oil exports? No wonder she's calling for the remainers to move to Scotland, she needs their income to boost their economy.
There's thousands of scots living and working in England and to be honest they add greatly to our economy a scot will often say it the way it is with a tinge of aggression and humour, make a friend of say of a Glaswegian and you have a friend indeed
All the scots I know hate what SNP are doing in there home land up the Reds :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Leyton Gooner wrote:Think the Remainers are the AKBs in all this actually. The EU is Wenger, a lying, deceitful, corrupt dictatorship, and the Leavers are the ones sick of the status quo and willing to take a few years of transition for a better future :barscarf:
Really, I was thinking the other way. A government that tried to push through a Brexit process without using normal democratic processes (ie passing law through parliament). The people didn't vote for the type of exit we will have from the EU, that should be the remit of government.

Nice try at spinning the truth, but I suspect you don't really understand how Brexit works. BTW I am 100% Wenger out, just to dispel that myth.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The people didn't vote for the type of exit we will have from the EU,

Really , still peddling that line ?

It was a very basic referendum , the vote was Remain or leave. The decision fell on the side of leave which by definition means :- depart from, go away from, go from, withdraw from, retire from, take oneself off from, exit from, take one's leave of, pull out of, QUIT.
At no point was the question about how you wanted to do it , just whether you wanted to or not.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:The people didn't vote for the type of exit we will have from the EU,

Really , still peddling that line ?

It was a very basic referendum , the vote was Remain or leave. The decision fell on the side of leave which by definition means :- depart from, go away from, go from, withdraw from, retire from, take oneself off from, exit from, take one's leave of, pull out of, QUIT.
At no point was the question about how you wanted to do it , just whether you wanted to or not.
Yes and because it was a basic referendum, it was down to parliament to democratically decide HOW to exit the EU. The simpletons amongst us might not understand this, but the whole process is extremely complicated.

Rather than reading a dictionary, why don't you once and for all actually educate yourself on how laws are passed in this country. Then you might actually get what is constantly finding it's way into the news.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The workings of the Palace of Westminster and our lawmaking is an interesting subject perhaps you could post a dissertation.

Of course they have precious little to do with your assertion that that the people did or didn't vote for anything other than quit or not.

BTW Whats your take on the Kalergi plan and the premise behind it. ?

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:The workings of the Palace of Westminster and our lawmaking is an interesting subject perhaps you could post a dissertation.

Of course they have precious little to do with your assertion that that the people did or didn't vote for anything other than quit or not.

BTW Whats your take on the Kalergi plan and the premise behind it. ?
Why is it my job to explain constitutional process? Basically what you are saying is that you voted for something you don't understand at all levels, from the issues surrounding leaving the EU to the process of enacting article 50. Then I am pretty sure people like you have a pop at Gina Miller, when all she was doing was forcing the government to do what they do with every other matter ie have a parliamentary debate and pass bills/laws off the back of the debates. That is the cornerstone of our democracy. Without that process you have a dictatorship!

Just as well you aren't in charge of this country ehhh :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

29th March it is then :oops:

lets get this party started :box: