The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: EU referendum - how shit is this thread??

Post by Gunner Rob »

MrT wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
MrT wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:This bloke has a few words to say about Remainers who smugly look down on Leavers...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BdG57lgHFaA

:D
I'm not an angry remainer though, I am a sad remainer.
this guy sounds very angry though. what have all you leavers got against our neighbours so much?

in the globalised world of the 21st century everyone is better off all working together, instead of being so insular.

I see Nigel Farage has made himself look an even bigger fool today than he usually does :lol:
http://news.sky.com/story/brexit-nigel- ... m-10825910
You're happy to see hundreds of thousands of migrants to come here every year and destroy the fabric of this country, fuck globalism.

Traitorous c*nt.
you really think immigration is going to stop because of Brexit ??

wake up
No, but it's the first major step. If the politicians won't do it then we vote them out.

My point still stands, the romantic globalism model you love so much is destroying European countries as is evident in Germany by Merkel's disastrous refugee policy. Look at France, they imported the 3rd world in record numbers and now large parts of Paris and the surrounding areas are no go Muslim zones. Globalism benefits big corporate multi nationals but fucks over the rest of us. The average citizen don't see any benefit from mass migration but a strain on the infrastructure and racial/cultural tension. Do you think the housing, schools and the NHS can sustain 300-400,000 economic migrants every year?

What bubble do you live in? Are all you leftists hell bent on completely destroying this country?

so far pretty much everything that the Leave campaign tried to sell this Brexit crap to win votes has proved to be a lie.
£350 million for the NHS ?? :lol: :lol:

immigration stats for you: net immigration into the UK in 2016 was 335,000
over HALF of these were from outside the EU
Of the EU immigrants the PM has recently admitted that we would want to keep the majority which only leaves around 80,000 coming here looking for a job.

impact of leaving the EU - We will pay for previous EU obligations but not benefit from future opportunities, with figures as high as £60bn as the cost. If we leave without a deal we will be trading on WTO rules. It could take years to arrange deals, and our currency is already down against the Euro and the Dollar - which means we are going to start paying more for everything...NHS will be privatised, workers rights will be lost...

any benefits yet? I can't see any to be honest.
anyway as this all unravels over the next few years I still think it is doubtful that Brexit will go ahead but I suppose we will have to wait and see..

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The EU takes/collects £108b a year from it's member States. We pay £18b of that ...1/6th!! And we are gonna miss them???...they need our money desperately, much more than we need them...and we are the 5th largest economy in the world..they HAVE to deal with us..they WILL deal with us. This is all sabre rattling,they are just pissed because we are leaving.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

There is alot about the EU that i hate, but i worry for our economy on leaving it in the short term, i dont really have huge opinion on imigration ethier way.

What i do see is Russia, Russia are creaming thier pants, with Trump in the US, the French right wing gathering strengh on a frexit stance, thier sanctions for invading nieghbouring countries dont mean shit !

Im no conspiracy theorist, but if Russia are not behind some of this, they should be

France leaving EU andgoing insular might be a bad thing for Europe, but good for us if we follow through with brexit

It leaves Germany as the only powerhouse country.
The start of the end for the EU? maybe then it can be rebuilt as a lighter wieght trade and freedom of travel agreement

Which will likely grow larger and more corrupt over time until we end up having a referendum to leave it in 60 years :)

But the first 20 years will be great!!

:rubchin:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Are all you leftists hell bent on completely destroying this country?

No the whole continent. The E.U has been following firstly the theories of Kalergi and latterly the instructions of the Bilderberg group . If you take the bother to read about them , the whole thing comes clear.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Gorbachev had it right when he questioned "Why does Europe want to create another USSR?". 8)

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

A11M11 wrote:Are all you leftists hell bent on completely destroying this country?

No the whole continent. The E.U has been following firstly the theories of Kalergi and latterly the instructions of the Bilderberg group . If you take the bother to read about them , the whole thing comes clear.
I understand what groups like the bilderberg group are supposed to be about, but what makes you think that groups like that would not just influence uk policy once we are out of the EU, those kind of groups prey on the greed, vanity and sometimes perversions of political and and ifluencial figures, and that seems almost universial amongst politicians

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

There are no guarantees that the current lot will be any different to the past ones. Heath, Healey, Brown ,Home , Cameron, Osbourne , have all been associated with these groups. Merkel , Van Rompuy, Blair,Kissinger, Clinton ( Bill). Junker have all won the Charlemagne Prize their sort of Oscar. Maybe the Brexit vote and the fact that the public are taking an interest in politics again might just let them know that they have been rumbled and slow their globalist aims down a little bit.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

AkneyGooner wrote:
A11M11 wrote:Are all you leftists hell bent on completely destroying this country?

I understand what groups like the bilderberg group are supposed to be about, but what makes you think that groups like that would not just influence uk policy once we are out of the EU, those kind of groups prey on the greed, vanity and sometimes perversions of political and and ifluencial figures, and that seems almost universial amongst politicians
Totally agree with this Akney but with one caveat, we can at least do something about our own government, we can't do any thing about the EU Council or the 678 non-British MEPs. This again is where i disagree with people who wax lyrical about the amount of influence we have in the EU, our MEPS represent less than 1 in 10 and are divided between the different internal groupings in the European Parliament so its a little disingenuous to imply our MEPs have this vast ability to influence things in the Parliament, also we have 1 council member out of 28 so again hardly a deciding factor on decisions.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

MrT wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
MrT wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:This bloke has a few words to say about Remainers who smugly look down on Leavers...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BdG57lgHFaA

:D
I'm not an angry remainer though, I am a sad remainer.
this guy sounds very angry though. what have all you leavers got against our neighbours so much?

in the globalised world of the 21st century everyone is better off all working together, instead of being so insular.

I see Nigel Farage has made himself look an even bigger fool today than he usually does :lol:
http://news.sky.com/story/brexit-nigel- ... m-10825910
You're happy to see hundreds of thousands of migrants to come here every year and destroy the fabric of this country, fuck globalism.

Traitorous c*nt.
you really think immigration is going to stop because of Brexit ??

wake up
No, but it's the first major step. If the politicians won't do it then we vote them out.

My point still stands, the romantic globalism model you love so much is destroying European countries as is evident in Germany by Merkel's disastrous refugee policy. Look at France, they imported the 3rd world in record numbers and now large parts of Paris and the surrounding areas are no go Muslim zones. Globalism benefits big corporate multi nationals but fucks over the rest of us. The average citizen don't see any benefit from mass migration but a strain on the infrastructure and racial/cultural tension. Do you think the housing, schools and the NHS can sustain 300-400,000 economic migrants every year?

What bubble do you live in? Are all you leftists hell bent on completely destroying this country?
So someone who thinks immigration isn't a bad thing is a traitorous *word censored*?

One thing the brexiteers harped on about was how we didn't need Europe, and all our trade deals would come from the developing world i.e. Asia, and the US. So what part of this doesn't represent globalisation?

And do you live in a world where we pull up the drawbridge, fuck the consequences for the future of this country. We are nowhere near self sufficient and nor do we have the capability to make everything that satisfies our needs.

When your old and decrepid whose going to wipe the dribble from your mouth, because it won't be an English person. they won't do that job. If you get cancer, who is going to treat you because there aren't enough qualified English consultants (and haven't been for years).

When you go out for a meal, I assume you won't want to go for a Curry, Chinese or Thai because you don't like foreigners? Fish and chips then?

Hate to tell you this but integration has worked in places like London, if you are outside of London why don't you think about why integration hasn't happened. Perhaps people with narrow minded opinions like you?

By the way, I think you will find immigration into this country will remain high because every country that signs a trade deal will want us to open up our borders to their citizens. Also hate to tell you this most people who voted for brexit are working class Labour supporters, who funnily enough are left wing. :D :D

It's quite funny coming back to this thread every few weeks, because all we get is the same shit, different poster.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:It's quite funny coming back to this thread every few weeks, because all we get is the same shit, different poster.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Youve got a cheek :oops:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

if you are outside of London why don't you think about why integration hasn't happened. Perhaps people with narrow minded opinions like you?

Could of course be that life in the sticks isn't the same as in London , there isn't a job opportunity on every corner and the way of life is different. Maybe you should try visiting other places or does you elastic run out at the M25.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:. Also hate to tell you this most people who voted for brexit are working class Labour supporters, who funnily enough are left wing. :D :D
Blimey Nutty, you've produced some gems of misinformation on this thread. But this one proves, once and for all, that you are living on a different planet. :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

olgitgooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:. Also hate to tell you this most people who voted for brexit are working class Labour supporters, who funnily enough are left wing. :D :D
Blimey Nutty, you've produced some gems of misinformation on this thread. But this one proves, once and for all, that you are living on a different planet. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He wont read it he is away on business or something, sweeping by here on the off chance in between meetings and reading copies of the FT :lol:

Yes nutty UKIP and Right wing conservatives are very Labour supporting :?

nut flush gooner

olgitgooner wrote:
Has it not occurred to you that hardcore Labour support has defected en masse to UKIP? Especially up north and in some more rural parts of the south. UKIP has served its purpose and when Labour pull up a credible leadership all these people will go back in their droves.

I really don't buy the stat that most true Labour supporters voted remain. Another disingenious piece of information.

nut flush gooner

flash gunner wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He wont read it he is away on business or something, sweeping by here on the off chance in between meetings and reading copies of the FT :lol:

Yes nutty UKIP and Right wing conservatives are very Labour supporting :?
You're funny. Have you even come close to making any sort of constructive debate about Brexit. Every time you've been put on the spot you squirm behind your mod badge ;).

I think if you read up on how political support has changed over the last 7 years, you will see large defections from working class Labour supporters to UKIP with Sunderland/North East a perfect example of this. If there was a general election today the Conservatives would win by a mile even on a proportional representation basis. Thankfully our first past the post system dissipated the amount of power UKIP should perhaps have. UKIP started with defections from the Conservative party/support but times change.