The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Brightonnxtround

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Brightonnxtround »

:banghead: i bang my head against a brick wall
Pay british nurses a fucking decent wage
And guess what we'd have more fucking nurses ...... they havent had a pay rise for years , fucking wake up

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:30 am
And guess what we'd have more fucking nurses ...... they havent had a pay rise for years , fucking wake up
totally agree with you

blame the government then - in 2013 they decided that nurses required a degree, but only recently have they realised that they needed to increase the training places for them :banghead:

in the meantime the shortage in nurses has been filled by nurses from the EU.
however there is a problem. since the Brexit vote the number of nurses from the EU registering to practice in the UK has fallen by 96% and the NHS is now in crisis. (don't get ill this winter would be my advice) in time the UK might get enough of its own nurses but it will take years to achieve this.

basically there needs to be more investment in the NHS, but of course the government is instead wasting billions on trying to sort out Brexit to satisfy people like you who want their country back :roll:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

international reputation has been seriously damaged

Not sure where you get that from .
I read that a number of countries are pleased that they will have the means to trade with our country on more favourable terms.

The Euro will come under pressure as the grasping hands increase their percentage of the available pot. The Pound is now undervalued as the Euro is probably too high at the moment . Inevitably there will be a equalisation as the markets who are driving the pound down on the uncertainty caused by our Chancellor and his Canadian mate in The old lady in Threadneedle street become less relevant once the die is cast.

There will be more money available post E.U but it will need to be spent judicially , we have always needed immigrants to staff the NHS but should be able to pass some of that extra in two ways . One to increase the wage of the workers we want and two to train in house staff to cut the agency workers out and further reduce the bills they charge.

Lastly , there are far more E.U citizens here that U.K ones in Europe , once the Barnier , Junker politicos get by passed by the interests of their business community it will not be difficult to agree a reciprocal arrangement similar to the Ehic one we have at present. However it is their intransigence that appears to be holding up progress in this direction because of their flat refusal to discuss it.

Brightonnxtround

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:11 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:30 am
totally agree with you

blame the government then - in 2013 they decided that nurses required a degree, but only recently have they realised that they needed to increase the training places for them :banghead:

in the meantime the shortage in nurses has been filled by nurses from the EU.
however there is a problem. since the Brexit vote the number of nurses from the EU registering to practice in the UK has fallen by 96% and the NHS is now in crisis. (don't get ill this winter would be my advice) in time the UK might get enough of its own nurses but it will take years to achieve this.

basically there needs to be more investment in the NHS, but of course the government is instead wasting billions on trying to sort out Brexit to satisfy people like you who want their country back :roll:

O of course I should have realised , the fact that the government have not paid nurses
Enough money for the past 20 years is all down to guess BREXIT , I now understand
I want my vote again this time I will get it right .. :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Once the dust settles on our exit from the EU there is no reason foreign nurses wont be allowed in if they are needed......

Playing devils advocate here but isn't is slightly racist to allow uncontrolled immigration from Europe while limiting Asians, Africans and Americans from working here?

Brightonnxtround

I'm sorry I ever stepped out of line
I promise that in the future I will be the model European citizen
I bow to the superior intelligence of the remain campaign
You did know what was right for the leavers all along :hail:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

How about , should you need to go to hospital in Europe you get treated and the bill is sent to the NHS and the same here we send our bill to the E.U. or is that too logical.

Brightonnxtround

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:44 am
Once the dust settles on our exit from the EU there is no reason foreign nurses wont be allowed in if they are needed......

Playing devils advocate here but isn't is slightly racist to allow uncontrolled immigration from Europe while limiting Asians, Africans and Americans from working here?
Flash there not part of federal Europe mate....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:47 am
flash gunner wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:44 am

Flash there not part of federal Europe mate....
I'm sorry but :coffeespit:

:wink:

Brightonnxtround

This is the best thread ever :D :D :D

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:56 pm
Especially for the 150.000 pensioners living in Spain and the Millions of holiday makers who avail of the EHIC card every Year.

Will it go or will it stay?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
:lol:

No. No, it is not. :(

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

corkbarry wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:52 pm
Brightonnxtround wrote:
Especially for the 150.000 pensioners living in Spain and the Millions of holiday makers who avail of the EHIC card every Year.

Will it go or will it stay?
You pensioners and your medical cards!! :banghead:

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bloke down the pub said it. Must be true. :lol: :wink: