The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Herd

Re: EU referendum - Official Worst Thread Ever

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:28 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:46 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:31 pm
What are you wanting from Brexit then Herd ?

Nutflush has put forward some very good points so I don't think that he can be considered mentally challenged.
I would love to hear the viewpoint from someone as intellectual as yourself though.
I want an old fashioned house with an old fashioned mouse and an old fashioned millionaire !
Quite funny how you resort to below the belt jibes, when you can't post anything constructive. Happens a lot on this thread herd lad. Somewhere in your jumbled up message yesterday you are trying to say we should have control over immigrants who take the piss on the benefits front (and yes I agree we should), but what about the people who where born here. Lets face it there are probably exponentially more home grown benefit cheats?

Our problems with regards to system cheats is down to the way we structure our social security, no other EU country has this problem. If we weren't so generous we wouldn't even have this issue.
Nut flush I've had it with the debate in general ,I've moved on which is something you can't seem to do .
You make plenty of ill informed incoherent arguments based largely on tabloid rhetoric and then you present it as fact .
Anyone who disagrees you trash or you take wrong inferences and then argue that but you have the bare arsed cheek to get miffy when somone reacts to your patronising prattle .
Your a pseudo intellectual who doesn't understand plain English .
Unlike you I dont take myself very seriously but you most certainly do fella ,you need to let it go .

My opinions on Brexit are quite simple .
I wanted out because I had zero faith in an un-elected bunch of Federalist globalisation clones that have single handedly
mismanaged the European economy to the point where each country is on its knees .
The Eu Juggernaught also wants to continually expand,sorry i dont buy into that Id rather be out .
I also want immigration controls ,this cannot be done in federalist europe .

I also said it from the start of this thread wouldn't happen or be diluted so much that it will make no difference to being in .
This I stick to ,I could be wrong I could be right ,who knows not you that's for sure .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:17 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:28 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:46 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:31 pm
What are you wanting from Brexit then Herd ?

Nutflush has put forward some very good points so I don't think that he can be considered mentally challenged.
I would love to hear the viewpoint from someone as intellectual as yourself though.
I want an old fashioned house with an old fashioned mouse and an old fashioned millionaire !
Quite funny how you resort to below the belt jibes, when you can't post anything constructive. Happens a lot on this thread herd lad. Somewhere in your jumbled up message yesterday you are trying to say we should have control over immigrants who take the piss on the benefits front (and yes I agree we should), but what about the people who where born here. Lets face it there are probably exponentially more home grown benefit cheats?

Our problems with regards to system cheats is down to the way we structure our social security, no other EU country has this problem. If we weren't so generous we wouldn't even have this issue.
Nut flush I've had it with the debate in general ,I've moved on which is something you can't seem to do .
You make plenty of ill informed incoherent arguments based largely on tabloid rhetoric and then you present it as fact .
Anyone who disagrees you trash or you take wrong inferences and then argue that but you have the bare arsed cheek to get miffy when somone reacts to your patronising prattle .
Your a pseudo intellectual who doesn't understand plain English .
Unlike you I dont take myself very seriously but you most certainly do fella ,you need to let it go .

My opinions on Brexit are quite simple .
I wanted out because I had zero faith in an un-elected bunch of Federalist globalisation clones that have single handedly
mismanaged the European economy to the point where each country is on its knees .
The Eu Juggernaught also wants to continually expand,sorry i dont buy into that Id rather be out .
I also want immigration controls ,this cannot be done in federalist europe .

I also said it from the start of this thread wouldn't happen or be diluted so much that it will make no difference to being in .
This I stick to ,I could be wrong I could be right ,who knows not you that's for sure .
this is simply not true - yes the UK's economy will be on its knees if we leave - maybe thats what you mean ?

and you say that it either won't happen or be diluted which I agree with - in that case then whats the point of continuing with Brexit???
people are just going to get poorer and angrier - if this referendum had never happened there would have been none of the division that we have seen in the country. to put the great back into Britain we need to STAY in the EU AND go back to being one of the world's leading economies.

leaving the EU is so unpatriotic - we are doing ourselves down, the economy is tanking and we are seen as a laughing stock on the world's stage.
remainers WILL NOT SUDDENLY go away because we tend to be the younger ones in society, and so until Brexit is put out of its misery then the anger and division will continue.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob , I repeated my opinions for the record I have zero interest in a debate on them.
I do believe that the EU is an evil globalist juggernaut that does fuck all for it's people or it's member states ,unless your Germany or France .
I wont change your mind ,nor am I trying to ,its a waste of energy .
Nor will you change mine with sentimental subjective claptrap .
ENJOY THE WEEKEND !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

To say that leaving the E.U is unpatriotic is diametrically opposite to reality. The original concept of a common trading agreement was of benefit to everyone however once they decided to go for political union every members sovereignty became eroded.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:07 pm
To say that leaving the E.U is unpatriotic is diametrically opposite to reality. The original concept of a common trading agreement was of benefit to everyone however once they decided to go for political union every members sovereignty became eroded.
I can't see how damaging the economy of the country and making ourselves the laughing stock of the world is in anyway patriotic.
I used to have pride in the UK, now it is just increasingly embarrassing.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel !
It's Bollocks too , I love this country , but not the ridiculous Gilbert and Sullivan god is an Englishman imperialist load of cobblers vision.
I also detest the royal family , closet German facist lizard *word censored* !
Quite what the fuck Brexit has to do with Patriotism is quite beyond me ,
Im not against being a European i just dont like the corrupt institution of the Eu which seeks to make slaves of us all .
I love the country in spite of itself not because of it !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ok, can someone please explain to me how continued immigration at the current level can be helpful to an already overburdened welfare and social care system. It can't manage the people we currently have within the country and requires a substantial figure in the 10s of billions to be put right so how can it possibly improve if we continue to increase the population each year? As far as i can remember from my socio-economics our system normally only accounts and budgets for the normal birth/death ratio with a very small increase via migration :?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:03 pm
Ok, can someone please explain to me how continued immigration at the current level can be helpful to an already overburdened welfare and social care system. It can't manage the people we currently have within the country and requires a substantial figure in the 10s of billions to be put right so how can it possibly improve if we continue to increase the population each year? As far as i can remember from my socio-economics our system normally only accounts and budgets for the normal birth/death ratio with a very small increase via migration :?
On what grounds can you explicitly prove that immigration has a net detrimental effect on our welfare system. This has been discussed on several occasions, with links supplied that show the net effect on our economy is immigrants put more in than they take out.

With regards to social care and the NHS, we have a chicken and egg situation. For whatever reason, we don't have enough home grown skilled people willing to be nurses or care assistants. We also have an ageing population, that's nothing to do with immigration it's the consequence of the birth rate in the U.K. exploding after the Second World War. Did we let too many immigrants into the U.K. post 2004, probably. But again i reiterate immigration is only one aspect of our EU membership and it does not have a negative impact on our economy. If we can't get home grown nurses, and they stop coming from overseas can someone tell me how we are supposed to care for the elderly?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The bit that continually seems to get missed and I believe deliberately is that there is no problem with selective immigration. No reason for anyone that wants to come here , work and pay into the system, should not come. They are welcome . It's part of the E.U's plan to cloud this issue and continue to want people here to be subject to their legal system that's holding that particular agreement up.
If they agree to the Brussels proposals then the pressure comes off the situation and they lose the upper hand and the delays to other things being discussed. The ex Greek prime minister said months ago that it was a waste of time trying to negotiate with them because they will prevaricate until they hope you will roll over just to get the agreement that they want .He said as long as it goes on and our media and politicians play into their hands their pressure will work Seems that he has read their tactics correctly .

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:05 am
The bit that continually seems to get missed and I believe deliberately is that there is no problem with selective immigration. No reason for anyone that wants to come here , work and pay into the system, should not come. They are welcome . It's part of the E.U's plan to cloud this issue and continue to want people here to be subject to their legal system that's holding that particular agreement up.
If they agree to the Brussels proposals then the pressure comes off the situation and they lose the upper hand and the delays to other things being discussed. The ex Greek prime minister said months ago that it was a waste of time trying to negotiate with them because they will prevaricate until they hope you will roll over just to get the agreement that they want .He said as long as it goes on and our media and politicians play into their hands their pressure will work Seems that he has read their tactics correctly .
It's not the EU we should be blaming it's the British government. Germany takes more immigrants in than we do, and yet despite this their economy is thriving and do we ever hear them moaning about the state of their healthcare system. Remember they absorbed a very poor country in East Germany after the break up of the old Soviet Union, and yet 20 years later they have one of the strongest economies in the world.

Under Labour with the NHS it's a mismanagement of resources and the Conservatives it's under investment. There are a lot of very well paid people in the NHS that don't save lives, we would do well to start scrutinising what exactly they do for their money before we start looking at the soft targets i.e. Immigrants.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Fuck all Europe
Fucking stick too fingers up and leave now
No money you scrounging European super state
Never give in to bullies we never have in the past
If the *word censored* don't like it , what they gonna fucking do
Take us to court , who's fucking courts there's or ours
Now fuck of e u or we'll declare war under extreme provocation *word censored* :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Now you've really made me made :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

nut flush gooner

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:00 am
Fuck all Europe
Now fuck of e u or we'll declare war under extreme provocation *word censored* :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Same old nationalistic claptrap from the clueless...........

Still living in the past Brighton. Which EDL march did you attend yesterday?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Can't disagree with you regarding how the NHS is run , it needs sorting from top to bottom. However basic mathmatics would argue that fewer people are easier to handle than more

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:35 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
Fuck all Europe

Oh dear nationalist claptrap, you wouldn't be saying that if it was a Scottish ,welsh or Irish bloke coming out with that statement but because he is English you have a pop at him. Good on yer Brighton you give it to them.

nut flush gooner

hertsgunner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:35 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
Fuck all Europe

Oh dear nationalist claptrap, you wouldn't be saying that if it was a Scottish ,welsh or Irish bloke coming out with that statement but because he is English you have a pop at him. Good on yer Brighton you give it to them.
It's a pointless rant, and why people overseas think the English are quite arrogant. We would do well to remember that we enforced our will on what is now the commonwealth for hundreds of years politically, socially and economically. Yet when the ball is perceived to be on the other foot, when it really is not we can't hack it?

Despite that we are leaving the EU and negotiations have gone swimmingly so far, not.

By the way most Scots didn't want to leave the EU, and the Welsh only voted marginally in favour despite Brexit possibly doing more harm to them than any other region in the U.K.

If you want to endorse someone who came out with blatantly racist comments the day after the rederendum, that's not my lookout.