The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

SPUDMASHER

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by SPUDMASHER »

About a page or so back I read this comment but I'm not sure who posted it :-

"The solution is quite simple, either levy a new tax where the highest earners make the biggest contribution or increase spending on the NHS. That won't happen unless Labour gets in mind."

Can I just say that kind of comment really fucks me off big time. Why does everyone in this country have an issue with people that have money?
There are two main ways that people have money, they either inherit it or they earn it. Either way they shouldn't be punished for having it. Further to that, there is already a levy where the higher earners pay more tax, it's called 40% rate ffs.

It's getting to a place in this country where 'wealthy' is considered a dirty word. Has it ever occurred to people that wealth is often a result of fucking hard work on behalf of the individual? Whatever happened to getting out what you put in? I totally accept that there are many people on low incomes that need additional support or haven't had opportunities that others have but that's just fucking life! Nobody said it was going to be easy and they certainly didn't say that everything would be equal.

How long is it before this hatred of everything wealthy results in a culture where people do not even attempt to improve their position because of the persecution that follows? If we carry on down this route the only outcome can be that there are no more wealthy people and then everyone will be royally fucked when they realise how much more those disgusting wealthy people already contribute.

rant over

p.s. No, I'm not wealthy, just comfortable....ish

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:26 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:00 am
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... -189992685

"Britain is the new sick man of Europe"
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
an expected response from an ostrich

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Rob I am not trying to convince you of anything , you re too far gone in the hysteria of doom and despondancy.
You said that you did not understand how people felt that they had been adversly affected by the E.U . Stocks , shares and banking finance in Norfolk is the least of their worries , the people are farmers inland and Fisherman on the coast . That's the way it has been for years until the common agricultural policy and the fishing equivalent started to affect them.
They feel that they got the raw end of the deal and they took up the opportunity to hopefully regain their livelyhoods that have been diminished by the dictats that they have to follow. If it had not been for offshore oil rigs Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft would have become ghost towns much sooner than they have. The " silver Darlings " look it up have gone to Holland and France , the fishing vessels and the onshore support companies gone too. farmers that used to profitably grow wheat and Barley , now grow sugar beet. Now set-aside is at the heart of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), with the majority of British lowland arable farms compelled to cease growing on at least 15 per cent of their acreage. This year, an area the size of Surrey will be out of production.
Sure they get compensation to the land owner but not to the out of work farmer hands.
. Like you they are interested in their own pockets , their income has gone down and many are scratching a living .
It causes resentment. That's why they voted out

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:31 pm
Rob I am not trying to convince you of anything , you re too far gone in the hysteria of doom and despondancy.
You said that you did not understand how people felt that they had been adversly affected by the E.U . Stocks , shares and banking finance in Norfolk is the least of their worries , the people are farmers inland and Fisherman on the coast . That's the way it has been for years until the common agricultural policy and the fishing equivalent started to affect them.
They feel that they got the raw end of the deal and they took up the opportunity to hopefully regain their livelyhoods that have been diminished by the dictats that they have to follow. If it had not been for offshore oil rigs Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft would have become ghost towns much sooner than they have. The " silver Darlings " look it up have gone to Holland and France , the fishing vessels and the onshore support companies gone too. farmers that used to profitably grow wheat and Barley , now grow sugar beet. Now set-aside is at the heart of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), with the majority of British lowland arable farms compelled to cease growing on at least 15 per cent of their acreage. This year, an area the size of Surrey will be out of production.
Sure they get compensation to the land owner but not to the out of work farmer hands.
. Like you they are interested in their own pockets , their income has gone down and many are scratching a living .
It causes resentment. That's why they voted out
Yes and I can imagine life is getting tougher for them.
However voting Brexit is not going to solve their problems - it will just create bigger ones.

anyway what benefits do you think you will get from leaving the EU and what part of being in the EU has had a negative effect on your life?

Herd

Post by Herd »

And you a fuckwit with an IQ of room temperature

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Lads come on.... try debate without the personal insults...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:33 pm

I think you need to be less Generic there Herdy mate...

I mean a room within an Igloo might be 20 degreesF or a room in an Amazonian Brujo's house might be 75degreesF - Perhaps a room within a deep freeze might be below Zero or a Spraying room at an Aircraft manufacturing facility would be 100degrees+ to ensure the last coat of paint is heat sealed...

As for Ostriches I'm not sure they can fly an aircraft - though I've heard they are rather intelligent beings. :? :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:17 pm
Ladies come on.... try debate without the personal insults...
What he said. :mrgreen:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:17 pm
Ladies come on.... try debate without the personal insults...
What he said. :mrgreen:
No! Fuck it, go for it!
Been ages since we had a good cuntyououtfest on here :lol: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

That was an accurate statement of fact DB10, an insult would be blah blah mother blah blah wife blah blah incest blah blah eurotrash blah blah

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:

I would rather be called a fuckwit and be on the right side of history than be on the wrong side

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 am
Herd wrote:

I would rather be called a fuckwit and be on the right side of history than be on the wrong side
Not sure what the right or for that matter wrong side of History is Rob,a lot of history is adjusted to suit the narrative of the times we live in .
For example Americans will have you believe that their civil war was about slavery when it was really about the rights of individual states and the inequality of federal taxation system . Slavery was a side issue .
Similarly recent History suggests Cromwell only killed the mainly English Royalist soldiers at Drogheda and left the non combatant Irish Civilians out of the equation but try telling that to the Irish who have him down as a baby killer.

With Brexit it can be easy quick and painless and we could still remain friends and play with our European cousins but with more secure borders although the Irish Border IS a major obstacle !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:28 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 am
Herd wrote:

Not sure what the right or for that matter wrong side of History is Rob,a lot of history is adjusted to suit the narrative of the times we live in .
For example Americans will have you believe that their civil war was about slavery when it was really about the rights of individual states and the inequality of federal taxation system . Slavery was a side issue .
Similarly recent History suggests Cromwell only killed the mainly English Royalist soldiers at Drogheda and left the non combatant Irish Civilians out of the equation but try telling that to the Irish who have him down as a baby.

With Brexit it can be easy quick and painless and we could still remain friends and play with our European cousins but with more secure borders although the Irish Border IS a major obstacle !
Historical point of order here Herd me old baby killer.... :wink: the recent theory that Cromwell did not massacre innocent civilians at Drogheda is a hot potato ( :wink: ) in Oireland. The problem is there is no real evidence either way beyond folk history and a few letters by Cromwell. Revisionist Historian attention seekers like Tom Reilly are at the forefront of this new theory but it is based on pure conjecture and speculation.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ive no idea if he did or did not DB10 as you say theres little to confirm it either way.
But generations of Irish people have grown up using this seige is a foundation block of Brit loathing when its all heresay,which is what Im saying. History is written by the winners of wars ,it is rarely objective.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:38 pm
Ive no idea if he did or did not DB10 as you say theres little to confirm it either way.
But generations of Irish people have grown up using this seige is a foundation block of Brit loathing when its all heresay,which is what Im saying. History is written by the winners of wars ,it is rarely objective.
Very true. And I think it's that point that probably helped the massacre allegations gain credence.... Cromwell was the winner and mentioned it in a (now disputed) letter. Less known in Oireland is the story that Cromwell had two of his own soldiers hung on the march to Drogheda because they stole a chicken from a local poor family.