The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:56 pm
Interesting comment in the New Statesman :-
The civil war at the Emirates Stadium – pitting Wenger Out versus Wenger In – is in truth a symptom of a wider disease: the failings of the moneyed game. It is a situation not dissimilar to the United Kingdom’s relationship with the European Union.
Wenger is the status quo – an establishment with visible cracks. But just as Brexit has not proved to be an immediate panacea for all of the UK’s problems, it seems unlikely that Wenger’s departure will provide one for Arsenal’s.

Strange how so many Including me want to see Wenger go but seem ,unlike me , to be scared of the challenge of leaving . It follows that any immediate panacea cannot be seen until we have left , whenever the backstabbing , feet dragging establishment allow that to happen , if at all.
thats funny I have always felt that you Brexiteers reminded me of the AKB cult.

it is just blind optimism against all known logic and facts. The £350 million to the NHS has already proven to be a lie, the not paying anything to the EU to leave looks like it will be a lie too. Your argument is based on a few conmen who once they had won the referendum made sure they got out of the way sharpish. And yet like the AKBs you still dream of something that will never happen.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

olgitgooner wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:40 pm

The UK economy is doing OK. We have the best unemployment figures since the 1970s. And we didn't have to employ about two million foreign workers in those days.

Nobody actually knows what is going to happen in the future outside of the EU.

Nobody actually knows what would happen in the future if we had voted to remain in the EU.

The UK economy is doing ok because we haven't actually left yet.
Maybe we should therefore continue inside the EU since things are going well ?
After all surely we only would want to leave if things were not going well ?

There have been numerous facts given as to what is very likely to happen when we leave the EU.
I am not going in to them all now, but lets just say that none of them appear to be very optimistic.

Nutshell:

Brexit will mean the average UK worker will become poorer, and institutions such as the NHS will become unsustainable.
Never mind, that's the will of the people apparently.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

The NHS is unsustainable now ....

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:04 am
A11M11 wrote:
The civil war at the Emirates Stadium – pitting Wenger Out versus Wenger In – is in truth a symptom of a wider disease: the failings of the moneyed game. It is a situation not dissimilar to the United Kingdom’s relationship with the European Union.
Wenger is the status quo – an establishment with visible cracks. But just as Brexit has not proved to be an immediate panacea for all of the UK’s problems, it seems unlikely that Wenger’s departure will provide one for Arsenal’s.

Strange how so many Including me want to see Wenger go but seem ,unlike me , to be scared of the challenge of leaving . It follows that any immediate panacea cannot be seen until we have left , whenever the backstabbing , feet dragging establishment allow that to happen , if at all.

it is just blind optimism against all known logic and facts. The £350 million to the NHS has already proven to be a lie, the not paying anything to the EU to leave looks like it will be a lie too. Your argument is based on a few conmen who once they had won the referendum made sure they got out of the way sharpish. And yet like the AKBs you still dream of something that will never happen.
No, it's remainers who are more like AKBs. Can't see that we are getting a bad deal just now and are that scared of change that they would rather just accept getting shafted :roll:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:19 am
olgitgooner wrote:

The UK economy is doing OK. We have the best unemployment figures since the 1970s. And we didn't have to employ about two million foreign workers in those days.

Nobody actually knows what would happen in the future if we had voted to remain in the EU.

There have been numerous facts given as to what is very likely to happen when we leave the EU.
I am not going in to them all now, but lets just say that none of them appear to be very optimistic.

Nutshell:

Brexit will mean the average UK worker will become poorer, and institutions such as the NHS will become unsustainable.
You think the NHS is sustainable just now?? :lol: massively overburdened, and we are getting a terrible service for what it costs. Biggest waste of tax payers money, they should scrap it and privatise healthcare

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:19 am
olgitgooner wrote:

Nutshell:

Can a fact be reported as “likely to happen” - surely a fact, is factual not a best guess ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm
so you are happy for Brexit to kill it off completely then I take it...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

No, it's remainers who are more like AKBs. Can't see that we are getting a bad deal just now and are that scared of change that they would rather just accept getting shafted :roll:
are you serious ?

we currently have the best deal that we are ever going to get.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42867668

You Brexiteers are destroying the country - traitors the lot of you!

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:53 am
Brightonnxtround wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm
so you are happy for Brexit to kill it off completely then I take it...
I have over the years paid thousands of pounds into the NHS through this country s tax system , and still it s not flourishing,
If it fails will I get my money back Of course not .....
I have paid thousands of pounds into this country s tax system for a future pension
If I die before I’m eligible to draw said pension which at the moment is 66 years old
And I dowt I’ll make it ....... do my family get back what I’ve paid in over the years
No they don’t ....... if I do make it to 66 will I pay tax on my carefully saved company pension , you bet i fuckin will . *word censored*

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Cheeky bugger, it's you remoaners that are AKBista's :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

The problems that plague the NHS are fuck all to do with Brexit but decades of incompetence and part privatisation, by successive governments labour and tory .
I currently work in the NHS sphere and it's a daily clusterfuck of wasteful practices ,I could fill pages with the daily systemic waste to the taxpayer .

Brexit is bieng deliberately fucked up by this government ,and Im convinced more than ever that it wont happen !

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

There was a time when Doctors were NHS, over the past. 20 years or so they earn more money on Private duty, so shave their NHS hours to trouser a load of cash with Private Consultations!....
Too many accountants and paper clip wallahs, get rid of those paracites then you might save a fortune and invest where it should be invested in Patient Support...
Brexit as stated above has nothing whatsoever to do with the mire the NHS is in, honestly the more shit you remoaners through to the wall, the more it slides off with your constant daily Fake News.....

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:25 am
The problems that plague the NHS are fuck all to do with Brexit but decades of incompetence and part privatisation, by successive governments labour and tory .
I currently work in the NHS sphere and it's a daily clusterfuck of wasteful practices ,I could fill pages with the daily systemic waste to the taxpayer .

Brexit is bieng deliberately fucked up by this government ,and Im convinced more than ever that it wont happen !
I agree. I think the government plan is to make a hard brexit so unpalatable that a second vote is needed to approve it and the decision gets reversed.
If that does happen it will be a good outcome but a travesty for democracy.
I work in the public sector and I see the waste of resources daily. It makes me mad as hell but when you challenge the status quo you come under immediate fire from the old school and are put back into your box quickly.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Brexit , if handled honestly and by competent apparachiks ,shouldnt cause too much of a problem.
But when its bieng deliberately botched by criminal buffoons ,I shudder to think of the consequences.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:11 am
Brexit , if handled honestly and by competent apparachiks ,shouldnt cause too much of a problem.
But when its bieng deliberately botched by criminal buffoons ,I shudder to think of the consequences.
probably time to cancel it then ?