The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

nut flush gooner

Re: EU referendum - What will you vote?

Post by nut flush gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
You're hilarious nutty :lol:

If I answered it you'd say I looked up the answer so it's bollocks...... You're so angry and abusive with people who you don't agree with, what's the story? What's your relationship like with your mother? :proudtosay:
Of course I would say it was bollocks, because you don't know the answer to my question. Yet you think its appropriate to link a graph of the "economy" just to prove a thin aspect to your argument. I am not abusive at all in general, most people I know display two ounces of common sense. And yes some of them are brexiteers.

The problem with this thread is that it is littered with ill judged and ill informed comments.

With regards to my mother and family, we are all very close and get on great. Thanks for your concern.
Of course I understand the graph or I wouldn't have posted it and you're right there are lots of ill informed shit from both sides, just your abusive comments are shit mate and do nothing to help your argument
Haha, well go on then spit it out. It's only 2 months until we enact article 50 ;). If you feel I am abusing you I think I have given adequate reason for making a firm point which is closer to the truth than abuse. By the way your last comment was abusive suggesting that I argue so much that I don't get on with my family. Just saying :).

I am big enough and ugly enough to take the crap that comes my way on this thread, I don't lose any sleep at night. If I see a comment that is fundamentally flawed, it won't stop me from responding, even though I don't have as much time these days.
The Sigmund Freud reference was about his theories about mother relationships and was questioning why you're so abusive to people who disagree with you. Nothing about your actual mum just a jokey reference

Please disagree with me but don't try to belittle me by saying I don't understand the things I post
I have to admit psychology isn't my strong point. But it gives me something fun to read up on when I have some spare time.

Why don't you just admit the factors surrounding our exit from the EU aren't your strong point ;). It can't be if you are too frightened to lift your head above the parapet, when you are questioned over a pretty looking graph!

Herd

Post by Herd »

Why don't you just admit the factors surrounding our exit from the EU aren't your strong point ;). It can't be if you are too frightened to lift your head above the parapet, when you are questioned over a pretty looking graph!
Hr knows as much as you or any of us ,which isnt much ,becasue we simply can't tell untill it happens .
What irks people is your self important grandiose bullshit which dismisses all contrary opine as stupidity ,dont worry though because I meet idiots like you every day in my work and like you they are stiflingly boring yet pedantic !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

as I said on the previous page and many times before, nothing will change until article 50 is triggered and even then not that much until we are finally out of the EU.

I can't see why this is so hard to understand.
all the brexiters who are going round proudly saying that nothing has changed strike me as deluded fuckwits. of course nothing has changed because nothing has happened YET. :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:as I said on the previous page and many times before, nothing will change until article 50 is triggered and even then not that much until we are finally out of the EU.

all the brexiters who are going round proudly saying that nothing has changed strike me as deluded fuckwits. of course nothing has changed because nothing has happened YET. :roll:
What most people are highlighting is that we were told if we vote leave our economy would crash through the floor IMMEDIATELY after the vote and actually nothing of the sort has happened as my silly little graph has shown...... Of course things could change and will change one way or the other there is no knowing but the apocalyptic forecasts have been drastically wrong so far

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:as I said on the previous page and many times before, nothing will change until article 50 is triggered and even then not that much until we are finally out of the EU.

What most people are highlighting is that we were told if we vote leave our economy would crash through the floor IMMEDIATELY after the vote and actually nothing of the sort has happened as my silly little graph has shown...... Of course things could change and will change one way or the other there is no knowing but the apocalyptic forecasts have been drastically wrong so far

I think that was based on the assumption that article 50 would be triggered almost immediately.
obviously that has not happened, hence why nothing of consequence has also not happened yet. I think nutflush also tried to explain this.
dont worry I am used to having to explain things to brexiters several times before they get it

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

I think that was based on the assumption that article 50 would be triggered almost immediately.
obviously that has not happened, hence why nothing of consequence has also not happened yet. I think nutflush also tried to explain this.
dont worry I am used to having to explain things to brexiters several times before they get it
Another shitty attitude post :oops: shame because you might be right about the forecasts being based on leaving straight away, i certainly thought we would start the leaving straight away. Why cant people debate without putting others down

whats the point of this thread? So someone can pretend to be smarter than someone else? Have more foresight than someone else? Keep moaning and whinging (like the brexit gang did for years as Chippy says) it will change nothing and just maybe things will be ok after we leave. One thing is for sure you dont know it will be worse......

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I think the main reason I'm drawn to this thread is the smug attitude of those who believe/believed in so called experts who predicted financial apocalypse for this country. It did appear that the "experts" may have had a point when the arse fell out of Sterling because of jumpy money dealers. This was to prove a temporary blip which was actually good for exports in the short term. Panic over ( for those who were actually panicking). You would imagine that the remoaners would be happy and relieved. But no. They hate being wrong. They move the goal posts. Apocalypse is merely postponed.
Remoaners now ignore the think tanks and influential people who were once their heroes. Because they have changed their tune and admit they were wrong. Except for the Governer of the Bank of England. He reckons that he wasn't wrong at the time of the referendum. And is now correct because his opinion has changed :?
When Brexit is finally delivered we will either have a bumpy journey or we will become a wealthier UK. Nobody knows. We are all entitled to our predictions. I predict that the UK will be a better place in the future as a direct result of leaving the EU.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Olgit - ok fair enough you are entitled to your opinions.

For a glimpse into the impoverished future of the UK you should probably watch the BBC news report on the NHS though.

Money that could have been spent on the NHS is instead being spent on Brexit. Madness.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Money that could have been spent on the NHS is now going to fund Brexit ?
Money that could have been spent on the NHS has over years been spent on many things , there is no shortage of money in the government's coffers they choose first how they raise it and then when and how they spend it and what they spend it on .
Who knows how much will be released when we eventually leave the EU .Until we do we won't know , but until we do leave we will continue to pay our dues.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

Another shitty attitude post :oops: shame because you might be right about the forecasts being based on leaving straight away, i certainly thought we would start the leaving straight away. Why cant people debate without putting others down

whats the point of this thread? So someone can pretend to be smarter than someone else? Have more foresight than someone else? Keep moaning and whinging (like the brexit gang did for years as Chippy says) it will change nothing and just maybe things will be ok after we leave. One thing is for sure you dont know it will be worse......
The reason you get a "shitty attitude" is because whenever you post something it is without substance. The latest thing being that GDP graph. I asked you to explain what it means, to date you haven't bothered replying citing that you would get abuse if you tried. Therefore, I can only assume you don't really know what the graph means, what it symbolises and it's relationship with us leaving the EU.

If you wan't to have a constructive debate and post a link, at least have some of your own thoughts so we can all either agree or disagree with them. Just saying the economy hasn't gone down means nothing!

Are you honestly surprised that Brexiteers get labelled in a derogatory way. It's not a very nice feeling is it, think about how immigrants in this country feel when all they want to do is earn a crust, support their families and yes contribute to the economy.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:The reason you get a "shitty attitude" is because whenever you post something it is without substance. The latest thing being that GDP graph. I asked you to explain what it means, to date you haven't bothered replying citing that you would get abuse if you tried. Therefore, I can only assume you don't really know what the graph means, what it symbolises and it's relationship with us leaving the EU.

If you wan't to have a constructive debate and post a link, at least have some of your own thoughts so we can all either agree or disagree with them. Just saying the economy hasn't gone down means nothing!

Are you honestly surprised that Brexiteers get labelled in a derogatory way. It's not a very nice feeling is it, think about how immigrants in this country feel when all they want to do is earn a crust, support their families and yes contribute to the economy.
Right ive fallen for it. Im guessing you want me to explain why i think that graph is important/relevant well here goes.......

We were told if we voted Brexit the economy would immediately shrink and go into recession. As the graph shows GDP hasnt changed in the 2 quarters since the vote and is the same as the quarter before it. Now i believe for a country to go into recession it has to have 2 consecutive quarters of negative economic growth. This hasnt happened so we were either lied to or the forecasters were just wrong. Now Rob has a good point about the thought that we would start the leaving proceedings immediately and maybe this is what those doomsday predictions were based on.

No abusive posts just plain opinions. Im not saying you're too stupid to understand or even wrong im saying factually so far nothing has changed maybe it will long term maybe it wont. Who knows

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:Olgit - ok fair enough you are entitled to your opinions.

For a glimpse into the impoverished future of the UK you should probably watch the BBC news report on the NHS though.

Money that could have been spent on the NHS is instead being spent on Brexit. Madness.
I can't find any BBC report which says NHS money is being spent on Brexit. Have you got a link please Rob?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

olgitgooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:Olgit - ok fair enough you are entitled to your opinions.

I can't find any BBC report which says NHS money is being spent on Brexit. Have you got a link please Rob?

there isnt any link - its just that the BBC led their main news last night with the dire state of the NHS. This worsening state will get worse after Brexit.

My point is that instead of wasting time and billions of pounds that is required to take us out of the EU this time and money would be better spent on things that actually matter such as the NHS.

The trouble is people have become so brainwashed into believing that immigrants are the cause of all the problems in the UK, that the bigger picture is being missed.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Whether people want to admit it or not immigration has a direct effect on public services, just taking the last 3 years; 'net' migration has been running at over 300,000 that means that nearly a million people have been added to the welfare bill who have never made a contribution to it, now unfortunately and whether it is unpalatable or not for some that has a negative effect on things such as the NHS, social services and adult social care, and also education, these are just some of the high profile areas NHS Trusts and Councils are struggling to fund currently.

A certain amount of immigration is necessary for a healthy economy but the problem is that until all those people have made a significant contribution in terms of tax and national insurance the country has to cover the bill, successive governments have been unable to find the money to cover this 'black hole' and that is why it is getting bigger all the time because the immigration continues to increase but the money required to cover it isn't made back from these immigrants for a significant amount of time.

There are ways to cover at least part of this shortfall but unfortunately once again those steps are unpalatable to most people and therefore any government in the situation ours is in is between a rock and a hard place.

To say that a high net migration only has a positive effect on a country is disingenuous at best and outright lies at worst, but that seems to be a claim used by certain Remain campaigners to put down Leavers as racist or anti-immigration, it is quite embarrassing the lack of vision from these so called experts at times.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Immigration is the one stick the remain side has to beat Brexiters that has guarantees to make headlines , the rest of their arguments hold little water. There is and never has been a problem with people coming here to work assimilate in controlable numbers. When you get mass immigration the problems arise . I no longer live in the capital and as such I cannot comment on the situation there but from my position in East Anglia I doubt that too many of the Portuguese or Latvians in Great Yarmouth , the Polish in Norwich are contributing more than they are drawing out. The difference seems to be the generosity of the benefit system .It's not that they are not trying to work but the top ups far outweigh anything that they contribute. Most are out of tax and so only V.A.T claws some of the money back . It used to be that they came for the agricultural harvesting and then moved on or returned home but now it is a better option to stay and draw from the state and so much of the money goes out of the country.
You may think that these are apocryphal stories but I have first hand knowledge and relatives that deal with this situation daily. It's a sad state but that's the way it is.
This is not the main reason that I voted out , I get annoyed by the racial slurs but I have seen the way that people in Southern Europe where I lived and worked have had their lives changed under the E.U and in Spain especially people that lived unhappily under Franco now see living in Brussels shadow as a dictatorship of a different kind .