The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

flash gunner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:05 am
Trade deal being drafted as we speak... :box:
good - you then might realise how bad Brexit is going to get for the UK
Why is that good?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:12 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Why is that good?
I didn't say it was good news - I said that it was good that a trade deal was being drafted

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:17 am
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Why is that good?
I didn't say it was good news - I said that it was good that a trade deal was being drafted
Its almost like you want it to go tits up so you can be right on an anonymous football forum :?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:21 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Why is that good?
Its almost like you want it to go tits up so you can be right on an anonymous football forum :?
not at all - I would want a trade deal to be a success and for the UK to thrive outside the EU - only problem is that is not very likely is it?
its a bit like hoping that Arsenal are going to win the league, only that is not very likely either is it? (although at least most people on here have worked that one out)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Why is that good?
I think the EU know that the UK will be steadfast until the subject of trade is agreed..
They need the cash for all their projects to go ahead on time...
They finally realise that a good deal for Britain will be a good deal for Europe, there are no points to be scored but if it were a football match I would say the UK have gone 1-0 up without blinking an eye... :box:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:23 am
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Why is that good?
I think the EU know that the UK will be steadfast until the subject of trade is agreed..
They finally realise that a good deal for Britain will be a good deal for Europe, there are no points to be scored but if it were a football match I would say the UK have gone 1-0 up without blinking an eye... :box:
are you being serious ? :shock: :oops:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

Why is that good?
Rob seriously mate!... :D
Do you really think these unelected hangers on are in any way serious, its a club, not unlike the House of Lords...

These are Elitist thieves and rogues of the highest order, I have never liked
1 The Common Market
2 The European Economic Community
3 The EU

Soon to be
4 The EU Superstate Aka Vichy&Reich, not for me comrade!... :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:57 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Do you really think these unelected hangers on are in any way serious, its a club, not unlike the House of Lords...

1 The Common Market
3 The EU

Soon to be
So do you like the Donald "America First" Trump that has said that they are going to offer us a trade deal "very, very quickly"?

Don't worry they have already cost us 4,500 jobs in the aerospace industry thanks to this transatlantic co-operation, you know the one that suits America and jobs over there, screw the UK. If this is our foe, who needs enemies!

Trade deals take years to conclude. Regardless of the type of brexit we have, expect the same for mainland europe.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

In all fairness it has always been short term pain for long term gain . Whilst that might not be great for my generation I was always thinking about my children and grandchildren. I am by no means rich but will survive and I still firmly believe that the general public will be better off out of the bureaucratic state in the long run.
Whether we have to use the " power of the people " to change our political structure is another subject , but one that requires attention, however we need to combine and sort Brexit out first .

Herd

Post by Herd »

Its the remoaners fantasy that you cannot trade without trade agreements or that you wont get a good deal unless you are in a big club .
Firstly it might shock you to learn that we don't have and have never had a trade deal wit the USA ,yet we do trade a lot with them .
We didn't have one with the EU either until we joined it ,yet the nation didn't crumble .
The EU deal with Canada (ceta )is a fucking unmitigated disaster to independent sovereign nations and should have been avoided at all costs because the only gainers are multinational globalist companies that are destroying the worlds economies wholesale ........BUT then that's all the EU bigwigs care about .
CETA was paving the way for TTIP the most repugnant and dangerous trade deal that would effectively end any nations sovereign authority on who sells what to us but that's not my point here but the EU sucked canadas cock and signed up so much for getting a good deal ,we dwarf Canada and its economy .
The point is that many nations trade without specific trade deals ,most markets are open nowadays .
As a nation we don't produce and export much of anything of substance anyway our revenue is garnered elsewhere !

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:13 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

1 The Common Market
3 The EU

Soon to be
So do you like the Donald "America First" Trump that has said that they are going to offer us a trade deal "very, very quickly"?

Don't worry they have already cost us 4,500 jobs in the aerospace industry thanks to this transatlantic co-operation, you know the one that suits America and jobs over there, screw the UK. If this is our foe, who needs enemies!

Trade deals take years to conclude. Regardless of the type of brexit we have, expect the same for mainland europe.
Oh dear!
Up he pops with "Let's blame it all on Brexit" :lol:
If you think the US are trying to stitch us up, what about France and Germany? Who adopted the word "Protectionism" in an uncompetitive market for the Superstate..
You clearly do not know who the enemy is?

But top remoaner Chancellor Phillip Hammond let that one slip, eh?..... :oops: :oops: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Interesting to see what the outcome in the Austrian election will be, and by all accounts the local elections in Saxony are unlikely to go Der 'Fuhrerleins' way either.

The EU is in an unparalleled state of flux at the moment with the rebellions from the Visograd group over immigration and sovereign rights, the whole debacle in Spain, Brexit and the problems in Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands (how the hell it takes 200 days to form a non-functional coallition government i don't know), the Italian and Greek economies are escallating issues as well, there is increased agitation from the Flemish nationalists too with all the independance shit going on.

I will say this, if the EU manages to ride all these problems out then it deserves to survive and thrive but it will only manage to do so if it begins immediate reforms and i just can't see it happening, there are too many people at the top riding the gravy train and benefitting immensely from the EU in its current format.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:46 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:13 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

1 The Common Market
3 The EU

Soon to be

Oh dear!
Up he pops with "Let's blame it all on Brexit" :lol:
If you think the US are trying to stitch us up, what about France and Germany? Who adopted the word "Protectionism" in an uncompetitive market for the Superstate..
You clearly do not know who the enemy is?

But top remoaner Chancellor Phillip Hammond let that one slip, eh?..... :oops: :oops: :lol:
You clearly still have a problem reading. Let me explain for the umpteenth time, we are leaving the EU and therefore there needs to be a contingency plan.

In terms of trade, that relies on rich countries and emerging countries that we may or may not have had historical/cultural ties with. Regardless the whole issue with Bombadier/Boeing just shows how much crap Trump comes out with. If we are falling out with the Americans over one set of tariffs in what way do you think they will offer a trade deal that will in any way be palatable to UK industry,

With regards to the Europeans, yes they want to form a super state, but trust me that will never happen in our lifetimes without several member states leaving before it even gets off the ground. Also calling them the "enemy" then can you explain why millions of UK nationals have decided to work/live behind enemy lines?

You talk about protectionism in the EU - there isn't any, it's a free trade zone for member states, surely even you would realise that! They are even agreeing free trade deals with outsiders e.g. Japan.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

it's a free trade zone for member states , that certain states have to pay to enter.