The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

flash gunner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:14 am
StuartL wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:24 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:57 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:54 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:22 am

And that's the reason why the vote shouldn't have been given to the people.
Rather than taking a holistic view of whether it was better for the whole country, you have isolated two industries that form less than 1% each respectively of the UK economy. Then in the next paragraph, you go on about the London bubble, so your vote was as much a dig at London as the EU really. You don't care that London as a micro-economy produces far more revenue in taxes than it takes out of the governments' coffers. That surplus money being spent across the country on public services. Hell, why do you even support a London football team if you have that attitude, every time you come into Islington you are surrounded by millions of remainers. Sounds like a fate worse than death based on what some people have said in this thread. :D :D

With regards to fishing, and I admit I had to do some research about this, it's not even clear cut that Brexit will have a positive effect on our fishing industry. Yes we will get our waters back, but according to this ft article we (the English fisherman) obtain a significant volume of our catch in Norwegian, French and Irish waters. That is to satisfy demand in the UK. I can just see all these countries offering us tariff-free access to their waters post brexit, not.

https://www.ft.com/content/84f51c84-5fe ... 2f7ee26895

Then you come out with a quote "we are not blessed with a migration problem but where we do unfortunately the problems that are reported elsewhere are beginning to manifest themselves here as well". Come on spit it out, tell me what you mean by "problems". All I can see here is a tad of veiled xenophobia.
An hey presto Nut flushes inner Hitler comes out . How dare the uneducated rabble think they can vote ,while we are at it lets take the vote away from blacks ,Asians,catholics,protestants,jews,muslims ,buddists ,hindus and druids,Irish scots n welsh and anyone north of St Albans ,people under 6 ft tall .
Hell that's better !
I assume by using the word Hitler you are suggesting that not giving the vote to the people is dictatorial? If so how utterly retarded.

Putting the EU aside, our constitution is built around making laws from Westminster. So in what way is a parliamentary vote over Brexit in any way dictating to the people who elect local MPs/government. We elect people who have more knowledge than the man in the street, so that these difficult considerations are given the attention they deserve. You cannot say that has been the case with the Referendum.

Today interest rates where put up 0.5%, why is that? I'll tell you why it's because inflation is now at a several year high all a consequence of our weaker pound. So not only are we paying more in the shops for our everyday staples, if we are not on fixed rate mortgages our housing costs are about to go up. This is all as a result of Brexit, and I reiterate why where the people allowed to vote on a subject they didn't know enough about to make an informed decision.
To be fair, I’m not too concerned about paying more for staples as I just nick them out of the stationary cupboard anyway :wink:
:D :D

Come on only Scousers do that. :barscarf: :barscarf:
How comes you laugh at his crap jokes? :? :cry:

Its a rhetorical question :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

[/quote]

I assume by using the word Hitler you are suggesting that not giving the vote to the people is dictatorial? If so how utterly retarded.
I'm spasticus autisticus Nut how did you know and yes it is dictatorial .might as well have a 1 party state and send dissenters to the Siberian gulags eh !

Putting the EU aside, our constitution is built around making laws from Westminster. So in what way is a parliamentary vote over Brexit in any way dictating to the people who elect local MPs/government. We elect people who have more knowledge than the man in the street,now that's probably the most stupid thing you've ever said ,and that's hard going fella ,it really is .

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:05 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:14 am
StuartL wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:24 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:57 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:54 am

An hey presto Nut flushes inner Hitler comes out . How dare the uneducated rabble think they can vote ,while we are at it lets take the vote away from blacks ,Asians,catholics,protestants,jews,muslims ,buddists ,hindus and druids,Irish scots n welsh and anyone north of St Albans ,people under 6 ft tall .
Hell that's better !

Putting the EU aside, our constitution is built around making laws from Westminster. So in what way is a parliamentary vote over Brexit in any way dictating to the people who elect local MPs/government. We elect people who have more knowledge than the man in the street, so that these difficult considerations are given the attention they deserve. You cannot say that has been the case with the Referendum.

Today interest rates where put up 0.5%, why is that? I'll tell you why it's because inflation is now at a several year high all a consequence of our weaker pound. So not only are we paying more in the shops for our everyday staples, if we are not on fixed rate mortgages our housing costs are about to go up. This is all as a result of Brexit, and I reiterate why where the people allowed to vote on a subject they didn't know enough about to make an informed decision.
To be fair, I’m not too concerned about paying more for staples as I just nick them out of the stationary cupboard anyway :wink:
:D :D

Come on only Scousers do that. :barscarf: :barscarf:
How comes you laugh at his crap jokes? :? :cry:

Its a rhetorical question :wink:
He's only done it once, you do it habitually.......

:D :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:49 am
I'm spasticus autisticus Nut how did you know and yes it is dictatorial .might as well have a 1 party state and send dissenters to the Siberian gulags eh !

Putting the EU aside, our constitution is built around making laws from Westminster. So in what way is a parliamentary vote over Brexit in any way dictating to the people who elect local MPs/government. We elect people who have more knowledge than the man in the street,now that's probably the most stupid thing you've ever said ,and that's hard going fella ,it really is .
[/quote]

Two sentences after he's suggested denying the UK public a vote on the EU referendum as making me a "little hitler".

Why did Gina Miller hold Parliament to account for trying to push through the Brexit bill without a vote, perhaps it was something to do with the way laws are passed in this country?

You truly are comical herd. I commend your persistence though, keep trying. :D :D :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

I said your inner Hitler had come out .......and it did .
Your suggestions that people shouldn't be given votes because they don't know what they are doing is the classic argument of all dictators and your assumption that we elect people who know more than we do is truly insane .
Most politicians have never done days real work in their lives and have little idea how the world works yet you presume to say they know whats best for the proles ?
Get a grip man most are only in it to line their own pockets !

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:16 pm
I said your inner Hitler had come out .......and it did .
Your suggestions that people shouldn't be given votes because they don't know what they are doing is the classic argument of all dictators and your assumption that we elect people who know more than we do is truly insane .
Most politicians have never done days real work in their lives and have little idea how the world works yet you presume to say they know whats best for the proles ?
Get a grip man most are only in it to line their own pockets !
Herd 6 months ago you said you were leaving this thread but you keep rearing your ugly head again. For that, I will give you credit for your persistence.

However, I want people who run this country to be knowledgeable, educated and qualified to make those difficult decisions. By and large, they are. People talk about the elite, but at least they understand the true issues surrounding Brexit even if they do want to leave the EU. I can accept that.

What I can't accept is the utter shite some brexiteers come up with as a justification for their vote, and the continual denial that leaving the EU will and is doing more harm than good. For that reason I don't think the vote should have been offered.

Your little Hitler reference is comical tbh. If ever something has/could be totally taken out of context it has to be that. I question if you are in touch with reality when all I am saying that we should apply democratic process via parliament rather than a referendum. That's not in any way being dictatorial. Perhaps you should look up the definitions of words/terms that sound good in debates ;).

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Is this thread still going? :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Herd 6 months ago you said you were leaving this thread but you keep rearing your ugly head again. For that, I will give you credit for your persistence.

However, I want people who run this country to be knowledgeable, educated and qualified to make those difficult decisions. By and large, they are. People talk about the elite, but at least they understand the true issues surrounding Brexit even if they do want to leave the EU. I can accept that.

What I can't accept is the utter shite some brexiteers come up with as a justification for their vote, and the continual denial that leaving the EU will and is doing more harm than good. For that reason I don't think the vote should have been offered.

Your little Hitler reference is comical tbh. If ever something has/could be totally taken out of context it has to be that. I question if you are in touch with reality when all I am saying that we should apply democratic process via parliament rather than a referendum. That's not in any way being dictatorial. Perhaps you should look up the definitions of words/terms that sound good in debates ;).
Its people like you that keep me going Mr Flush ,people who make sweeping assumptions and try to label anyone who doesn't agree with them somehow less intelligent or miss informed but themselves know little of anything beyond what the remoaner press tell them.
I unlike you however ,do not take myself very seriously ,I gave my opinions on why we wont leave to EU in any meaningful way but I know no more than you or anyone else as to what Brexit will bring because we have no clue what package we will end up with, if any .
Unlike you I have zero confidence in our politicians desire to serve us instead of themselves .Despite going to fancy universities have very few relevant qualifications like a degree in economics as a basic minimum, a PPE from Oxford doesn't cut it for me. Have a check there aren't many in parliament !
Your I know better approach is very dictatorial but you like most dictator types cant see it and keeps me coming back for more .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I can see where you are coming from Herd - you display all the classic "leaver" traits :lol:
the thing is I can also see where Nutflush is coming from too - he displays all the classic "remainer" traits :D

In hindsight a vote for Brexit was always inevitable because over the years the UK has never been told about any advantages of being in the EU.
Added to that no politician ever engaged with the disaffected members of society like yourself.

To be honest although I have been quite vocal in my anti brexit views on here I didn't really take much notice of the EU referendum until voting day.
I just assumed that people wouldn't be stupid enough to vote to make themselves poorer. Of course I forgot that a lot of people were not aware of, or were not taking any notice of the "facts". I hadn't really taken on board that so many disaffected people would vote either. There was a definite sense last June that for them here was a vote that actually mattered, whilst for remainers like myself a General Election was always more important.

Once the Brexit vote came in I was actually more annoyed with myself that I had misread the mood of the country. I don't like backing the wrong horse! The trouble is the more you look into what Brexit will mean then the more you realise that it is a stupid idea, and although I might have misread the mood of the country last year I don't think I am now. As I have said on numerous occasions I do not like the EU, but the UK will be better off remaining inside it, and so I will keep on making the case for that to happen. It is lucky that in a democracy I am free to voice those views.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

200 pages of this shit? :shock:

You absolute cúnts. :box: :censored:

:wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Oops Rob the country is going to the dogs you're right

https://news.sky.com/story/ftse-100-clo ... h-11111761

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:49 pm

I will not believe that until I see a photo of Attenborough fighting some Polish dudes in a supermarket aisle. 8)

:D :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:57 am
flash gunner wrote:

I will not believe that until I see a photo of Attenborough fighting some Polish dudes in a supermarket aisle. 8)

:lol:

Its getting close mate Attenborough has never been so angry

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:57 am
flash gunner wrote:

Its getting close mate Attenborough has never been so angry

Well, not since that time he threw that monkey into the sea in Thailand. Or was that the Work Geordie from Alan Partridge? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink: