The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

I see Nutflush has highlighted the paranoia on here about an EU "superstate" :lol:
as he rightly states it is not going to happen - stop being so brainwashed.

I also see people going on about the bureaucracy of Brexit - maybe you should stop to think how much bureaucracy and expenditure is involved in trying to get Britain out of the EU :roll:

And finally an old favourite has popped up "short term pain for long term gain". Oh dear. :lol:
What long term gain is that then? Reminds me of when we left Highbury and everyone was going on about the short term pain a few years at the Emirates would involve. Funnily enough the pain is even worse now...I suspect a hard Brexit will see a similar long term scenario.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:31 am
it's a free trade zone for member states , that certain states have to pay to enter.
Every state has to contribute, Germany and France pay in a lot more than we do. The contributions are reflective of the size of each country's economy.

The net effect of having a free trade zone far outweighs the money we pay into the EU coffers. From memory the battle bus referred to £280m per week of which we get half back in subsidies. Trade with the EU was over £200bn in 2016. Now do the maths.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:57 am
A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:31 am
it's a free trade zone for member states , that certain states have to pay to enter.
Every state has to contribute, Germany and France pay in a lot more than we do. The contributions are reflective of the size of each country's economy.

The net effect of having a free trade zone far outweighs the money we pay into the EU coffers.
We could put that money into the NHS 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

things get better and better in Brexit land :roll:

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/eu ... 30217.html

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 am

foreign direct investment into Britain has collapsed, plummeting from a net £120bn in the first half of last year to a net outflow of £25bn this year.

nut flush gooner

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

foreign direct investment into Britain has collapsed, plummeting from a net £120bn in the first half of last year to a net outflow of £25bn this year.
It's pointless highlighting this Rob, most contributors to this thread don't understand how much damage Brexit does to FDI not just from European countries but further afield.

I said this would be an issue over a year ago but those in denial won't believe anything negative that is said about the effect of Brexit on our economy until it's proven. Well those pigeons are slowly coming home to roost. Soon we will start to have a confirmation of major institutions leaving the city when our passporting rights have been removed.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

It's pointless highlighting this Rob, most contributors to this thread don't understand how much damage Brexit does to the FDI not just from European countries but further afield.

I said this would be an issue over a year ago but those in denial won't believe anything negative that is said about the effect of Brexit on our economy until it's proven. Well those pigeons are slowly coming home to roost. Soon we will start to have a confirmation of major institutions leaving the city when our passporting rights have been removed.
What has Brexit got to do with the American Police organisation. I think your remainers are grasping at straws

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:50 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

It's pointless highlighting this Rob, most contributors to this thread don't understand how much damage Brexit does to the FDI not just from European countries but further afield.

What has Brexit got to do with the American Police organisation. I think your remainers are grasping at straws
Gimme that gun Flash!..... :box: :blah: :lol:

nut flush gooner

flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

About the same standard as the average "father in law" joke , and down the years I have had to endure some pearlers. Don't give up the day job mate!

:fryingpan:

PS cracking a joke doesnt cover up ignorance ;).

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:40 am
flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

About the same standard as the average "father in law" joke , and down the years I have had to endure some pearlers. Don't give up the day job mate!

:fryingpan:

PS cracking a joke doesnt cover up ignorance ;).
Father-in-law/mother-in-law standard jokes is all you'll get from me mate i have low standards and putting a :wink: at the end of a barbed comment doesnt 'un-barb' it.... ive got feelings ya know :cry:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

at least Flash has been open to different ideas on Brexit - it is the morons who don't consider anything else, whilst being unable to think of a single positive reason why the UK should actually leave the EU that are the problem.

All this will of the people bollocks - no one voted to be poorer, which is what is going to happen with Brexit :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I dont even need to quote the Independent now.
Even the Daily Mail admits the UK will be worse off :D
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -deal.html

Lets face it Thicketeers, the game is up, you are going to lose.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41652416

reversing Brexit finally being talked about.
About time.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Superb. 8)