Up with the lark

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Up with the lark

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
That's it, nothing we really can do. Just be alert and aware of your surroundings in public places is about all. Look out for unusual behaviour, unattended packages, sudden disturbances.
A few years ago I was in the North Bank upper at the end of a row.
I spotted a large holdall that was unattended,so quietly asked those around me if anyone owned it.They all said no.
At this point I motioned to a steward,who was down at the front of the tier,to come up,which he did.
I pointed out the holdall to him,and explained that nobody around claimed ownership of it.
You know what he did?
Picked it up and shook it. :shock: :banghead:
Luckily nothing happened,and about 30 seconds later a bloke returned,with a Coke and a Hotdog,and asked why "we were messing around with his bag." :banghead:
:lol: :lol:

Fucking hell, the training really kicked in for that guy huh? "This might be a bomb. Ok. I'm shaking it to check!". :roll: :oops: :lol:
:lol:

I walked in and went behind the counter and said to the owner (who I have known for years) and asked what she wanted me to download.

My reply was "fuckin hell" followed by a slight sweaty feel.

and I thought she liked me :shock:

her husband
You see the problem there? :lol: :wink:
:shock: :lol:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I have a funny parcel story.
Years ago I worked for Royal Mail,and at Christmas they used to get some of the full time staff to randomly check bags of mail from the sorting frames the Christmas Casuals were working on for errors.
I tipped a bag of "Foreign" sorted parcels into a cage and began to check through it.
Part of the way through I came across a parcel addressed to a Worthing location.
I asked the woman who had sorted the item why she had put an item for Worthing in the Foreign bag,(as this was part of the way they were trained),and handed her the parcel.
She turned the package over,and handed it back to me,pointing to some writing.
The writing said,"FRAGILE CHINA." :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:I have a funny parcel story.
Years ago I worked for Royal Mail,and at Christmas they used to get some of the full time staff to randomly check bags of mail from the sorting frames the Christmas Casuals were working on for errors.
I tipped a bag of "Foreign" sorted parcels into a cage and began to check through it.
Part of the way through I came across a parcel addressed to a Worthing location.
I asked the woman who had sorted the item why she had put an item for Worthing in the Foreign bag,(as this was part of the way they were trained),and handed her the parcel.
She turned the package over,and handed it back to me,pointing to some writing.
The writing said,"FRAGILE CHINA." :D
:coffeespit: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:

Please tell me she was at least good at noshing. :D :wink:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:Miserable miserable morning looks like the attacker in Westminster last night was a lone wolf how the hell do you protect yourself against that !!!!
You cant mate. Nothing sophisticated just a bloke with a car and a knife
That's it, nothing we really can do. Just be alert and aware of your surroundings in public places is about all. Look out for unusual behaviour, unattended packages, sudden disturbances.
I spotted a large holdall that was unattended,so quietly asked those around me if anyone owned it.They all said no.
At this point I motioned to a steward,who was down at the front of the tier,to come up,which he did.
I pointed out the holdall to him,and explained that nobody around claimed ownership of it.
You know what he did?
Luckily nothing happened,and about 30 seconds later a bloke returned,with a Coke and a Hotdog,and asked why "we were messing around with his bag." :banghead:
:D thats funny i can just imagine the steward doing that , people just dont think do they on that subject though what would fucking happen if some maniac got in the north bank with a fucking great knife and started attacking everyone around him the security at the emirates is fucking woeful

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:Miserable miserable morning looks like the attacker in Westminster last night was a lone wolf how the hell do you protect yourself against that !!!!
You cant mate. Nothing sophisticated just a bloke with a car and a knife
You know what he did?
:D thats funny i can just imagine the steward doing that , people just dont think do they on that subject though what would fucking happen if some maniac got in the north bank with a fucking great knife and started attacking everyone around himl
Most of the Hipster wankers would use it as a selfie opportunity,and post it on facebook. :banghead:

Brightonnxtround

So clocks go forward this wk end and weather looks to be brighter and just mybe things are changing at Arsenal we can only hope A UP THE REDS :barscarf: :barscarf:

Brightonnxtround

A up that sounds a bit northern :D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Brightonnxtround wrote:A up that sounds a bit northern :D :D

Go on you old bullshitter... I bet my balls you are a northerner under it all... :D :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Go on you old bullshitter... I bet my balls you are a northerner under it all... :D :wink:
g88ner's mate :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Friends! Northern friends! :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Friends! Northern friends! :lol: :wink:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

WHAT!!!? You mean his sister is his mother?

(well someone HAD to) :mrgreen: :wink:

Brightonnxtround

DB10GOONER wrote:

Yes indeed I am to some on here mate , I was once in derby out on piss we lads
And called the barmaid a northern lass and she jumped down my throat saying she was a midland girl it's perspective I suppose A UP THE REDS :barscarf: :barscarf:

Brightonnxtround

Bit of a frost last night but sun is rising and hopefully the sun is setting on mr wenger
UP. THE REDS :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

clocks forward tonight brighton :D lets see you post at 7am on sunday :wink:

Brightonnxtround

:barscarf: yes a nice lay in reb :D