Up with the lark

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: Up with the lark

Post by DB10GOONER »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:Ultrasonic tester
On the railways?
Yes db railway tracks are made of steel
And i use sound waves to detect small
Cracks find and record and hopefully prevent another hatfield curve disaster
Im a life saver
Um, yeah, I know railway tracks are made of steel, mate! :lol:

Reason I asked was it railways specifically is because you might have worked on the tube for all I knew... :wink:

In a previous life I worked construction for 17 years and saw ultrasonic testers used on concrete, wood, composites, steel and aluminium.

It's important work. 8)

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
On the railways?
Im a life saver

Reason I asked was it railways specifically is because you might have worked on the tube for all I knew... :wink:

In a previous life I worked construction for 17 years and saw ultrasonic testers used on concrete, wood, composites, steel and aluminium.

It's important work. 8)
It is indeed especially in aviation

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
On the railways?
Im a life saver

It's important work. 8)
It is indeed especially in aviation
:rubchin:

Ohhhh I see, is that why pigs can't fly? :?

:wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:Great week ahead off weds Thursday Friday beer festival week in Peterborough I love my real ales :D :D

Decent bitter is one of the few things I miss about Blighty. Last Summer, while visiting family, I stumbled upon the West of England real Ale Festival. Heaven!!

I'm back in England for September and looking forward to a pint or two of Shepherd Neame's best ales.

If I get bored at any point I might even try and catch one of our games, although I've heard Dulwich Hamlet is the place to be for proper football.

blagh shepheard neame is nasty stuff, over manufactured these days, they got too big!!!

now you want somthing good then most stuff produced by st austell ales, adnams, skinners, mighty oak, crouch vale, otter brewery, some of badger brewerys beers and my own personal faverote, Woodfordes are excellent

Brightonnxtround

the playing mantis wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:Great week ahead off weds Thursday Friday beer festival week in Peterborough I love my real ales :D :D

Decent bitter is one of the few things I miss about Blighty. Last Summer, while visiting family, I stumbled upon the West of England real Ale Festival. Heaven!!

I'm back in England for September and looking forward to a pint or two of Shepherd Neame's best ales.

If I get bored at any point I might even try and catch one of our games, although I've heard Dulwich Hamlet is the place to be for proper football.

blagh shepheard neame is nasty stuff, over manufactured these days, they got too big!!!

now you want somthing good then most stuff produced by st austell ales, adnams, skinners, mighty oak, crouch vale, otter brewery, some of badger brewerys beers and my own personal faverote, Woodfordes are excellent
I'm with you all the way there mate last night was good, although my wife went a bit overboard with moonshine cider and on way home went down like a sack of spuds , she's fine though it' was a soft landing :lol: .

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

GranadaJoe wrote:

Do these beers exist or did you just make them up? Because each summer when I come back to the UK the supermarkets stock a massive range of ales which appear to have been chosen by the stupidity of their names; Wizard's Toenail, Carpenter's Big Nail etc.

I'm looking forward to some decent cider (none of that crap you put ice in). Old Rosie or Weston's Organic.

Brightonnxtround

Pheew that's 2 nights in a row blavered on ale and at my age it's getting more difficult to recover,
I found the band boring last night doing old blues all seemed the same to me , but that's me back tonight my sons girlfriend is bringing her mut with her that will give me an excuse to go for a walk :D :( that's sounds a bit rude didn't mean to be :lol:

Brightonnxtround

Ok one more shift today then flying of on hols tomorrow :barscarf: :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

I'm with you all the way there mate last night was good, although my wife went a bit overboard with moonshine cider and on way home went down like a sack of spuds , she's fine though it' was a soft landing :lol: .
I find my wife has to have had a few to drink before doing that as well

Brightonnxtround

wibble wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

I find my wife has to have had a few to drink before doing that as well
:D :D :) :D

Brightonnxtround

This is dead isn't it "..".............

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Brightonnxtround wrote:This is dead isn't it "..".............
Think it needs a few more people to inform the forum what time they get up...

I get up when I want, except on Tuesdays, when I get rudely awoken by the dustmen about 7.45.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

StuartL wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:This is dead isn't it "..".............
Think it needs a few more people to inform the forum what time they get up...

I get up when I want, except on Tuesdays, when I get rudely awoken by the dustmen about 7.45.
Were you in Quadrophenia?

Brightonnxtround

:D :D :D you make me smile

Brightonnxtround

Good ideas I'll start