Haunted House /Hotel

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Haunted House /Hotel

Post by StuartL »

Don't believe in ghosts but quite fancy experiencing a night somewhere that is supposed to be haunted.

Anybody got any recommendations ?

storrmin571

Re: Haunted House /Hotel

Post by storrmin571 »

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/ ... u-10352159

I have connections to two of the places - Craig Y Nos - my great grandfather was knocking off Adeline Patti when she lived there.

The Thomas Arms in Llanelli I was knocking off at least one of the waitresses there.
:barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

spurs trophy cabinet :shock:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

StuartL wrote:Don't believe in ghosts but quite fancy experiencing a night somewhere that is supposed to be haunted.

DB10 knows two homosexual ghosts who put the willies up eachother if that is any help. :D :wink:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:Don't believe in ghosts but quite fancy experiencing a night somewhere that is supposed to be haunted.

DB10 knows two homosexual ghosts who put the willies up eachother if that is any help. :D :wink:
Are they William Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzwillam ?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

:lol:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

storrmin571 wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/ ... u-10352159

I have connections to two of the places - Craig Y Nos - my great grandfather was knocking off Adeline Patti when she lived there.

The Thomas Arms in Llanelli I was knocking off at least one of the waitresses there.

Have you ever done Margam Castle?.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Rosie_titters wrote:
storrmin571 wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/ ... u-10352159

Have you ever done Margam Castle?.
Who's she? By the sounds of it his grandad might have :shock: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:

Give it up, mate. I keep telling you, take the white face paint off, you are not a ghost! :roll:

:lol: :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

excellent havent had a thread like this since db10 bumped off quartz!(db will be haunted by his spectre no doubt) quartz loved a good weird thread, sure obg will be along soon to help!

i stayed in what my misses claimed was a haunted pub earlier in the summer. we were on our way down to cornwall but to break the journey we stopped over in taunton in somerset. stayed in an ld pub called the winchester arms in a village called trull on the edge of taunton.

it was a very old pub it seems and when we got to cornwall, and elaborating on how she slept the night before (we had to push to single beds togethr as no doubles left so wasnt that comfy) she said she felt a presence (not me!) and that the place must be haunted. no idea if its rumoured to be or what its history is. it wasnt a malevolent presence just a presence. shes attuned to that kind of thing more than me.

so nothng exciting just my haunted house story. ive visted Borley as its local to me in essex/suffolk border which was repudtedly the location of the most haunted house in england, borley rectory, that is no more having burnt down many years ago. but i never seen anything odd.

i have myself seen what i belive to be a ghost (thats the only explanation i (and those whom i was with)have), that i have posted on another thread on here in the past (one of quartz's paranormal ones)

i didnt belive in ghosts before and still not sure i do, but i wouldnt want to delibertely stay in a haunted house as i would get paranoid and spook myself. but if you do stuartL please report back!

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

the playing mantis wrote:excellent havent had a thread like this since db10 bumped off quartz!(db will be haunted by his spectre no doubt) quartz loved a good weird thread, sure obg will be along soon to help!

i stayed in what my misses claimed was a haunted pub earlier in the summer. we were on our way down to cornwall but to break the journey we stopped over in taunton in somerset. stayed in an ld pub called the winchester arms in a village called trull on the edge of taunton.

it was a very old pub it seems and when we got to cornwall, and elaborating on how she slept the night before (we had to push to single beds togethr as no doubles left so wasnt that comfy) she said she felt a presence (not me!) and that the place must be haunted. no idea if its rumoured to be or what its history is. it wasnt a malevolent presence just a presence. shes attuned to that kind of thing more than me.

so nothng exciting just my haunted house story. ive visted Borley as its local to me in essex/suffolk border which was repudtedly the location of the most haunted house in england, borley rectory, that is no more having burnt down many years ago. but i never seen anything odd.

i have myself seen what i belive to be a ghost (thats the only explanation i (and those whom i was with)have), that i have posted on another thread on here in the past (one of quartz's paranormal ones)

i didnt belive in ghosts before and still not sure i do, but i wouldnt want to delibertely stay in a haunted house as i would get paranoid and spook myself. but if you do stuartL please report back!
Am currently looking at Kelvedon Hatch, a decommissioned ex nuclear bunker where they do investigations, hold a séance and you can sleep over if you so choose.http://www.hauntedrooms.co.uk/product/k ... -september

the playing mantis

StuartL wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:excellent havent had a thread like this since db10 bumped off quartz!(db will be haunted by his spectre no doubt) quartz loved a good weird thread, sure obg will be along soon to help!

Am currently looking at Kelvedon Hatch, a decommissioned ex nuclear bunker where they do investigations, hold a séance and you can sleep over if you so choose.http://www.hauntedrooms.co.uk/product/k ... -september

the not so secret nuclear bunker?!

i swaer there was anothe nuclear bunker you could visit in essex (in additon to this), but google leads only to the kelvedon one.

ive been there as a kid a few years back and did an audio tour, pretty interesting. imagine its spooky as shit in the dark, if all the lights went out...eugh.

just an allround creepy, unnerving place in general, even with the lights on doing an audio tour, very few people doingit apart from me and my mum and lots of mannequins in old uniform (i facking hate mannequins weird as fuck) that u think (well i think) move or look at u!

i guess thats not old time ghosts as it has only been there since ww2? but if u do that defo stay in a 'historical' haunted place too like an old castle or pub or summat!

the playing mantis

scratch that just read why its haunted, good luck...wouldnt get me down there tp spend the night in a million years!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:shock:

:lol:

I 'see'(2) (Ghosts/Spectres/ Manifests) (ie) Earthbound spirits; because that is what they are quire regularly, have done since I was a child. The first time is when I was 6yrs old my parents were living in Cyprus with my father's job (Military) and so I was living with my Grandmother(*)...and I saw one of her friends Mrs Grace another pensioner - I said to my Grandmother - why is Mrs Grace still in her garden. My Grandmother looked at me puzzled and explained that Mrs Grace had died some months ago...I remember taking my Grandmother by the hand and leading her into the back garden saying 'Look, there is she' whilst pointing - - she couldn't see anything, but on a warm, still summer's day this chilly wind gathered up from nowhere and blew past us....my Grandmother went 'cold' - She asked me about it and I explained Mrs Grace looked sad.

A few weeks later the (new) people who had moved into the house started telling neighbours about 'Odd occurrences' ; noises and whispers and moans in the house, objects being moved.

It's happened from there on.

1. (*) Yeah thanks mum and dad - Go to Cyrpus where there was a swimming pool on that base and a private sandy beach for the families to go on and leave me back in blighty! :banghead:
2. I use the term 'see' in the Castenada sense ' A writer from back in the 1970's who claimed to have been an apprentice to Don Juan Matus a Shaman/Sorcerer/Brujo in Mexico (Sonora Dessert) - He used the term see to explain what he experienced beyond the 5 senses..to 'see' doesn't necessarily mean a 'visual' thing as in shapes, colours, form etc...it can be a perceiving of something/someone via any of the senses, including the sixth sense.

I know of others who also 'see' and it can be a mix or blend of the senses...it can also be both a blessing and a curse btw...some things I have 'seen' have been very startling and a tad chilling.

I have had quite a few experiences in adulthood - some more 'present' or 'seeable' than others....it can happen anytime, anywhere - but dusk is the most frequent time and of course at Samhain (Pronounced Soween) when the veil between the worlds is thin.

edit; Anyone can see, it is a matter of how one approaches it and why? It is also worth noting that the spirits one see's are 99% of the time Earth Bound Spirits, they have died and have been unable to 'move on' - I know people who do Pyschopomp work, this is where they assist the Earthbound Spirits to 'move on' by opening gateways for them. (A Psyhopomp is a Conductor of Souls to the Afterlife). They also refer to them as suffering beings, for indeed that is what they are - Spirit Beings trapped on Earth unable to continue on their soul's journey.

the playing mantis

See told you... :roll: :shock: :lol: :wink: