Did You Know...?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
flash gunner

Re: Did You Know...?

Post by flash gunner »

Did you know your foot is the same length as your forearm?? Go on size it up

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Did you know that you can't stick your tongue out and breathe through your nose at the same time?

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

olgitgooner wrote:Did you know that you can't stick your tongue out and breathe through your nose at the same time?

That's only true if you can manage to stick your tongue up both nostrils.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

olgitgooner wrote:Did you know that you can't stick your tongue out and breathe through your ears at the same time?
A woman love's it when you can! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:Did you know your foot is the same length as your forearm?? Go on size it up
And did you also know that yuo cannot scratch your ear with your elbow.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:Did you know that you can't stick your tongue out and breathe through your nose at the same time?

I was wondering how many people would actually try it :D

wibble

Post by wibble »

OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Did you know that your chances of being killed by a vending machine are actually twice as large as your chance of being bitten by a shark? :shock:
:shock:

:?

:rubchin:

But why would you be playing a vending machine under water? :?
Why would you be playing a vending machine at all?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dunno mate never been near one, but DB seems to think they have relevance. :? :wink:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

This is one for the Oirish (who I have wound up before on this subject :D )........

Did you know that Irish stout beer was born in England?

In the old (auld) days there were inns around Spitallfield Market in LONDON who all brewed their own beers on site. One day an innkeeper/brewer fucked up and over roasted the barley. Rather than waste it, he used it in his next brew. The result was a black beer. The local porters liked this flavour. And demanded more of the same. The beer became known as "Porter" or "London Porter".

Some time later Arthur Guinness visited London and discovered this wonderful brew.

Arthur buggered off back to Dublin and copied the recipe. Yet another example of England giving good things to the world. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

When the BBC started the first ever television broadcasts from Alexandra Palace, there were probably only 300 people able to tune in. The second programme shown was a repeat; there were two systems being trialled so they did the same live programme twice, once for each system. The Baird system was hugely impractical and was soon dropped in favour of the Marconi system.

OK, I've just bored myself.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

olgitgooner wrote:This is one for the Oirish (who I have wound up before on this subject :D )........

Did you know that Irish stout beer was born in England?

In the old (auld) days there were inns around Spitallfield Market in LONDON who all brewed their own beers on site. One day an innkeeper/brewer fucked up and over roasted the barley. Rather than waste it, he used it in his next brew. The result was a black beer. The local porters liked this flavour. And demanded more of the same. The beer became known as "Porter" or "London Porter".

Some time later Arthur Guinness visited London and discovered this wonderful brew.

Arthur buggered off back to Dublin and copied the recipe. Yet another example of England giving good things to the world. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not quite true. It was actually an Oirish brewer that was living in London... and also fucking all of your women I might add. 8)

:D :wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

olgitgooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

I was wondering how many people would actually try it :D

it's important to be sceptical and not just believe what you're told.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Did you know there are more stars in the universe than the amount of words ever said by every member of the human race?

Obviously whomever came up with that one has never met my mother in law. :roll:

Ba-dum-tish! :drums:

I'm here all week! :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Did you know on Jupiter and Saturn it rains diamonds? :shock:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Did you know that the famous Michael Caine phrase "not a lot of people know that" wasn't started by Michael Caine?

It was Peter Sellars playing a joke on MC at his flat. He got hold of MC's answerphone machine and rerecorded the welcome message to "Hello, my name is Michael Caine. Not a lot of people know that!"

Not a lot of people know that :D