6 Nations AKA DB coming out party

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Bradywasking

Re: 6 Nations AKA DB coming out party

Post by Bradywasking »

It's the being told that I "have to like rugby" that gets to me..I can't stand the thing but each to their own..but because Oirland are playing I am duty bound to watch and support this non sport in some people's eyes.
As I said earlier I worked for many years in one of Dublin's top hotels, it was a haven for rugger types..International weekends would have them there, both sets of supporters around the piano singing each other's songs.. I would hear staff talking about it as if it was theirs to talk about.. They would use the phrase"we" talking about Oirland.. I would point out that it wasn't their game and never would be..it was a D4/ fee paying schools game and they were more than welcome to support it but it would never be theirs and they would never be welcome at its top table..if you tried to talk about the weekend's football you got dirty looks,the type reserved for traitors.. Yet the following week they were all Man U fans or whatever..
Then there would be the fee paying college reunions... Worse than the rugger weekends..Absolute lack of respect for the staff from wankers born with a sense of privilege and entitlement.. The class of sixty whatever, arrogance must have been top of the curriculum in their schools.. The ones who in later years brought Ireland to its knees by their lack of humility and sense of entitlement.
God I am glad those years are over for me..

Herd

Post by Herd »

I hate to say it but I not only like rugby I used to play it in a semi serious way ,I played for Kent Colts as a nipper and joined Blackheath after school.
I got as far as qtr finals of the middx 7's and senior England trials but gave it up as it took too much time away from Arsenal ,drinking and fucking ,much to my dads despair as he was a true rugger bugger.
One of the other reasons for giving it up was I couldn't stand rugby types of the era , the whole hooray henry thing left me cold although I did used to shag my teammates girlfriends after they passed out more than once .
Brady was the Hotel the Burlington by any chance ,Ive been to landsdowne road more than a few times for rugby and football including the awful shit with england (ive never been to another england football game since) and always stayed there .

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

No Herd wasn't the Burlington, which had a reputation for being as wild as fuck for those weekends..A friend of mine worked in one of the Five Star hotels at Lansdowne, a Scottish punter asked the night porter to get him a woman, the porter rang this bird he knew who was on the game..She arrived on a Scooter, went up to the punter's room and done the business and left..The punter came down to complain about the quality of the bird provided saying "she was that fucking ugly I had to ask her to put back on the scooter helmet before I could shag her"....
I worked in the City centre.. Rather not name the establishment

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:No Herd wasn't the Burlington, which had a reputation for being as wild as fuck for those weekends..A friend of mine worked in one of the Five Star hotels at Lansdowne, a Scottish punter asked the night porter to get him a woman, the porter rang this bird he knew who was on the game..She arrived on a Scooter, went up to the punter's room and done the business and left..The punter came down to complain about the quality of the bird provided saying "she was that fucking ugly I had to ask her to put back on the scooter helmet before I could shag her"....
I worked in the City centre.. Rather not name the establishment
I know it now. :lol:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
REB wrote:its only the two for ireland :mrgreen: but yeah irelands call is a load of shite.
It (Ireland's Call) is the most embarrassing cringey piece of music ever written.. To me it sums up rugby, all chaps together type of rubbish.. I heard people saying it should be played at "soccer" internationals... Yeah because that song would unite all sides in the North.
That fucking "song" makes me want to go and throat punch as many towel flickers as I can find. :x Shower of repressed arseholes. :roll: :lol: There's a twat in work keeps parping up with utter shite like "soccer could learn so much from rugger" (yep actually calls it "rugger" the fucking moron). :oops: :roll:

Hmmm... what could Football learn from Gayball? Oh, I see;

1. Learn to be tedious
2. Learn to be boring
3. Learn to include all the kids with no skills whatsoever so everyone gets a game aaaawwww...
4. Learn to gather like a herd of fat slow moving closet homosexuals
5. Learn to stick your thumb up a fat bloke's arse
6. Learn to eat several bloke's spunk off a biscuit and call it a "team bonding session"
7. Learn to light each other's farts in a pub (with obligatory collars turned up on "rugger" jerseys)
8. Learn to rub slowly off fat blokes in a homo-erotic manner and call it a "sport"
9. Learn to invent a game because you aren't good enough to play football
10. Learn to go and fucking smother yourself (this is the most important one). :lol: 8)
Is that not just the regular Saturday night to-do list in the DB10 household?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
REB wrote:its only the two for ireland :mrgreen: but yeah irelands call is a load of shite.
It (Ireland's Call) is the most embarrassing cringey piece of music ever written.. To me it sums up rugby, all chaps together type of rubbish.. I heard people saying it should be played at "soccer" internationals... Yeah because that song would unite all sides in the North.
That fucking "song" makes me want to go and throat punch as many towel flickers as I can find. :x Shower of repressed arseholes. :roll: :lol: There's a twat in work keeps parping up with utter shite like "soccer could learn so much from rugger" (yep actually calls it "rugger" the fucking moron). :oops: :roll:

Hmmm... what could Football learn from Gayball? Oh, I see;

1. Learn to be tedious
2. Learn to be boring
3. Learn to include all the kids with no skills whatsoever so everyone gets a game aaaawwww...
4. Learn to gather like a herd of fat slow moving closet homosexuals
5. Learn to stick your thumb up a fat bloke's arse
6. Learn to eat several bloke's spunk off a biscuit and call it a "team bonding session"
7. Learn to light each other's farts in a pub (with obligatory collars turned up on "rugger" jerseys)
8. Learn to rub slowly off fat blokes in a homo-erotic manner and call it a "sport"
9. Learn to invent a game because you aren't good enough to play football
10. Learn to go and fucking smother yourself (this is the most important one). :lol: 8)
Is that not just the regular Saturday night to-do list in the DB10 household?
Anyone wears a towel flicker jersey into my house gets thrown the fuck out, Hipsterman. Thrown. The. Fuck. Out. :lol:

Ditto skinny jeans, beards, flat caps, lumberjack shirts. Thrown. The. Fuck. Out. 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

No Herd wasn't the Burlington, which had a reputation for being as wild as fuck
No shit it was radio rental ,except for the England football game when there was an edge even during the day ,after the debacle i went back there with some Irish mates n distant cousins , who got me the ticket which thank god wasn't in the England section or near it but despite being with 2 dubs and abt 6 from Wicklow people knew I was English and just stared at me with real disgust and contempt (bit like being at home with the missus) and I made my excuses and went to bed .
Next day checking out they normally just ask u if u had anything from the mini bar and then u go,not this time they sent people into the room looking for any sign of damage . Cab driver bent my ear about fecking English hooligans all the way to the airport and my bag was searched with fine tooth-combs .
Will never attend an engurland game again !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
No Herd wasn't the Burlington, which had a reputation for being as wild as fuck
No shit it was radio rental ,except for the England football game when there was an edge even during the day ,after the debacle i went back there with some Irish mates n distant cousins , who got me the ticket which thank god wasn't in the England section or near it but despite being with 2 dubs and abt 6 from Wicklow people knew I was English and just stared at me with real disgust and contempt (bit like being at home with the missus) and I made my excuses and went to bed .
Next day checking out they normally just ask u if u had anything from the mini bar and then u go,not this time they sent people into the room looking for any sign of damage . Cab driver bent my ear about fecking English hooligans all the way to the airport and my bag was searched with fine tooth-combs .
Will never attend an engurland game again !
That day in Dublin it kicked off early in several locations city-wide. In a well known city centre pub with, shall we say, provisional ownership 2 groups of Ingerland fans were drinking away fine until it became apparent one group were manure and the other were Arsenal. A bit of banter, a few insults, a few threats followed. And then it went off thermo-nuclear between the two groups. A local suggested calling the Gardai (or God forbid The Lads :shock: ) and the owner just said "nah, leave the gobshites at it" :lol: BTW word afterwards was that The Arsenal had the result in that pub - but I cannot confirm that. :lol: 8)

Best bit of the night was after the Ingerland fans had kicked off in Lansdowne and RTE TV went back to the studio pundits for comment and then interrupted them and actually announced live on air that "We are going back to Lansdowne Road as there have been further developments" and then proceeded to show live coverage of our very highly trained and motivated Dublin Gardai Riot Squad beating seven shades of shit out of the hooligans. :lol: :lol: My mate Rodders (not Rodders from here) was a cop and he had the time of his life that night! :lol: 8) A hellofalot of Combat 18 scum that thought they were hardmen found out different that night after a good old Dublin hiding. :D :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Heard a story that the inmates of the antiquated Mountjoy Prison in Dublin's north inner city were watching the game but once it all kicked off they were over excited and the prison went into lockdown.
Rumour has it that the prisoners were not best pleased and less so when they heard some of Combat 18 were held overnight in the same prison..Legend says Prison Officers tipped off the prisoners as to the identity of the overnight guests..Maybe an urban myth in fairness

Herd

Post by Herd »

Not a great night for the English reputation but it di seem like a lot of them saw all southern Irish as IRA .
I did hear about them getting twatted by the gardi which is fair enough ye reap as ye sow !1

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Not a great night for the English reputation but it di seem like a lot of them saw all southern Irish as IRA .
I did hear about them getting twatted by the gardi which is fair enough ye reap as ye sow !1
Most of the English in Dublin that day and night caused no problems at all and had a great time and were welcomed by the locals. It was really only a hardcore of Combat 18 scum (maybe 200) that caused the main trouble. Unfortunately a few innocent English fans also "bumped into" our Riot Squad. :|

Herd

Post by Herd »

Fair enough , i just wont watch England anymore.
Went there with Denmark once had a great time and was warmly welcomed ,most of the Irish though I spoke English really well for a Dane .
I told them I was from Esbjerg and learnt the accent through watching East Enders.
Worked a charm there and in the dive bars of leeson st too .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Heard a story that the inmates of the antiquated Mountjoy Prison in Dublin's north inner city were watching the game but once it all kicked off they were over excited and the prison went into lockdown.
Rumour has it that the prisoners were not best pleased and less so when they heard some of Combat 18 were held overnight in the same prison..Legend says Prison Officers tipped off the prisoners as to the identity of the overnight guests..Maybe an urban myth in fairness
Have heard that story over the years... would love to know how true it is... :lol:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:Not a great night for the English reputation but it di seem like a lot of them saw all southern Irish as IRA .
Most of the English in Dublin that day and night caused no problems at all and had a great time and were welcomed by the locals. It was really only a hardcore of Combat 18 scum (maybe 200) that caused the main trouble. Unfortunately a few innocent English fans also "bumped into" our Riot Squad. :|
did they speak with a cockney accent and did the sun do it with maggie thatcher?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

storrmin571 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
did they speak with a cockney accent and did the sun do it with maggie thatcher?
All joking aside an Irish evening paper got hold of the intelligence sent by British police to the Irish Gardai regarding potential trouble makers which were travelling.. Most of the Liverpool based supporters were more noted for shop lifting than hooliganism.. Although the people if Brussels and Turin might disagree.