St. Patricks day

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: St. Patricks day

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Herd wrote:hate boston hate bostonians ,mind you as an english yankee fan they dont much like me either.
Hah, New Yorkers are shit too, spoke to one 20th generation Irish cop in a bar with a few colleagues and could only bring up the IRA as conversation back in September 2001, what that had to do with Bin Laden was beyond me! :lol:
I knew some good Cops in NYC most Irish Americans , but yea u get that shit, remember 1, st paddies my dad was over and we were in my regular haunt ,he wore his London Irish jumper and some fool had a pop at him ( It has the london flag X st George and a sword in it ) before the Owner Mr Eamon Doran himself threw the man out and got talking to me dad . Turns out my dad and him had a few people in common at London Irish ,and that was it. best friends and beers all round .Unfortunately Eamon died way too early in 98 ? And his bars have gone 1 by 1 as his sons coke habit grew ! They still had one in Temple Bar but I heard that went tits up too !
I miss Eamons smiling face , I miss his bars, as I miss New York !
Many a beer I had in Eamonn Doran's (and The Rock Garden as it was known before Doran took it over) in Temple Bar (which used to be a great place for bars before your cúnty stag and hen parties turned the whole area into a twatfest :wink: ).

For a few years Doran's was a great spot. 8)

Allgunsblazin

Re: St. Patricks day

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Herd wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Herd wrote:hate boston hate bostonians ,mind you as an english yankee fan they dont much like me either.
Hah, New Yorkers are shit too, spoke to one 20th generation Irish cop in a bar with a few colleagues and could only bring up the IRA as conversation back in September 2001, what that had to do with Bin Laden was beyond me! :lol:
I knew some good Cops in NYC most Irish Americans , but yea u get that shit, remember 1, st paddies my dad was over and we were in my regular haunt ,he wore his London Irish jumper and some fool had a pop at him ( It has the london flag X st George and a sword in it ) before the Owner Mr Eamon Doran himself threw the man out and got talking to me dad . Turns out my dad and him had a few people in common at London Irish ,and that was it. best friends and beers all round .Unfortunately Eamon died way too early in 98 ? And his bars have gone 1 by 1 as his sons coke habit grew ! They still had one in Temple Bar but I heard that went tits up too !
I miss Eamons smiling face , I miss his bars, as I miss New York !
Yep good and bad everywhere, I just happened to meet the twat!.... :lol: