St. Patricks day

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
flash gunner

St. Patricks day

Post by flash gunner »

Happy St Patricks day to all our Irish Gooners. Hope you all have a nice day lounging around in your Celtic shirts until the pubs open and getting blind drunk by mid day :barscarf:

Whenever i think of Ireland i think of leprechauns, shamrock, Guinness. Horses running through council estates. Toothless simpletons. People with eyebrows on their cheeks. Badly tarmacked drives, in this country. Men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings. Lots of rocks, and Beamis :lol:

Have a good day lads

northbank123

Re: St. Patricks day

Post by northbank123 »

Dere's more to Oireland dun dis

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

flash gunner wrote:Happy St Patricks day to all our Irish Gooners. Hope you all have a nice day lounging around in your Celtic shirts until the pubs open and getting blind drunk by mid day :barscarf:

Whenever i think of Ireland i think of leprechauns, shamrock, Guinness. Horses running through council estates. Toothless simpletons. People with eyebrows on their cheeks. Badly tarmacked drives, in this country. Men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings. Lots of rocks, and Beamis :lol:

Have a good day lads
Yes Flash, but they must get to church first and say a thousand Hail Marys.......

REB

Post by REB »

daughter marching with her football team so might have a beverage or two after that as would hate to not uphold the stereotype of been a paddy :mrgreen:

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh :db10_1:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Happy St. Patricks Day to all concerned.
English T.V. have,and will be joining in the celebrations all day.
It will be a different story for St. Georges Day however.
They will avoid it like the plague,along with most of England,for fear of being labelled racist,especially in the post Brexit environment. :banghead:

Sean

Post by Sean »

A day when everyone is Oirish, including Kwame Ampadu and Plastic Oirish-Jocks like me 8)

:tricolour: :cheers: :unionjack:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Happy St. Patricks Day to all concerned.
They will avoid it like the plague,along with most of England,for fear of being labelled racist,especially in the post Brexit environment. :banghead:
So true :cussing:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Happy St. Patricks Day to all concerned.

St Patrick was born on the mainland absolutely had no Irish in him!.... :unionjack: :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

I have a smidge of Shamrockshire in me on my mothers side and some of them had until the early 2000's property in dunleary n blackrock but I fail to see why my lack of Irish heritage that would prevent me from getting pissed except that they keep closing fecking irish pubs all over archway !
The Red cap and the famous dick whittingtons cat where favourites

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Another nice thread deteriorates into a political slanging match are well happy paddys day up the reds :barscarf:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Oi fuck off he's from Neath so he's one of ours.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

A special word for all the loud cuntish Americans , ok there was more than Americans, who fell around Dublin City centre at 6pm as I had to make my way home from work. The place was packed and disgusting. All wearing those fucking stupid Guinness hats or Leprechaun outfits.
We have enough problems with alcohol fueled anti social behaviour in Dublin without importing dickheads that cannot hold their drink at 6pm.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I must say I. Have witnessed American drinking habits in Boston, for every beer they had I had two, lightweights but they make so much fucking noise!.... :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

hate boston hate bostonians ,mind you as an english yankee fan they dont much like me either.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Herd wrote:hate boston hate bostonians ,mind you as an english yankee fan they dont much like me either.
Hah, New Yorkers are shit too, spoke to one 20th generation Irish cop in a bar with a few colleagues and could only bring up the IRA as conversation back in September 2001, what that had to do with Bin Laden was beyond me! :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Herd wrote:hate boston hate bostonians ,mind you as an english yankee fan they dont much like me either.
Hah, New Yorkers are shit too, spoke to one 20th generation Irish cop in a bar with a few colleagues and could only bring up the IRA as conversation back in September 2001, what that had to do with Bin Laden was beyond me! :lol:
I knew some good Cops in NYC most Irish Americans , but yea u get that shit, remember 1, st paddies my dad was over and we were in my regular haunt ,he wore his London Irish jumper and some fool had a pop at him ( It has the london flag X st George and a sword in it ) before the Owner Mr Eamon Doran himself threw the man out and got talking to me dad . Turns out my dad and him had a few people in common at London Irish ,and that was it. best friends and beers all round .Unfortunately Eamon died way too early in 98 ? And his bars have gone 1 by 1 as his sons coke habit grew ! They still had one in Temple Bar but I heard that went tits up too !
I miss Eamons smiling face , I miss his bars, as I miss New York !