Attack in London

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
flash gunner

Re: Attack in London

Post by flash gunner »

F*****g hell give it a rest lads :roll: Nutty you could have an argument in solitary confinement

Moving to basement it has nothing to do with Arsenal and if it continues ill lock it

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

flash gunner wrote:F*****g hell give it a rest lads :roll: Nutty you could have an argument in solitary confinement

Moving to basement it has nothing to do with Arsenal and if it continues ill lock it
Flash, the thread should have been moved in the first place. So why are you having a hissy fit when someone makes an inflammatory post that deserves to be shot down. DB thinks Farage is a odious human being, so what's your problem or are you oblivious to it all. So you don't like ageist comments, but it's ok to suggest that muslims don't integrate into British Society. 99.99% of muslims deplore what happened yesterday. Great moderating.

nut flush gooner

Redarmy wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
MrT wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Pretty disgusting act of Terrorism, they wan't to divide us, and pricks like Nigel Farage do nothing to calm any tensions between muslim/non muslim communities. Treat each person on their merits regardless of their religion is what I say.

RIP to all that died, it is about time we started arming our police in Central London now.
Your target of hate is a man who has been warning us against this sort of event for years. How about you target your anger at the leftists, government officials, PC brigade who allowed this to fester and grow. Treating each person on their merits is all fine except it doesn't work when a substantial percentage of Muslims won't integrate or value western ideals. In case you haven't noticed, London is already massively divided based on religion and ethnic groups and Farage had nothing to do with it.

Multiculturalism is a failed experiment, it does not work. Islam is incompatible with the west.
Ohh please stop with this populist bollocks. Nigel Farage smugly pointed out that us being outside of the EU would mean we are safer in terms of our exposure to extremists breaching our pourous borders. Well that comment fell flat on its face yesterday didn't it? It's amazing how the sheep seem to regurgitate his every whim

As for multiculturalism apart from quotes from the likes of Farage and perhaps Trump, where is your proof that it doesn't work? And multiculturism doesn't only involve muslims you know. There are loads of mixed race relationships in this country where many cultures overlap. My sister is a perfect example having three children that are half English half Indian. I honestly thought the crap in this forum was being saved for the EU referendum thread, I was clearly wrong.
Think you will find most Hindu Indians are directly opposed to Muslims indeed they had a war over it...still going on with Pakistan
On what grounds do you make those comments? Have you been to India then? Do you also know how Pakistan was formed? If you don't know it was as a consequence of British rule.

The countries may have nukes aimed at each other, but on an individual level hindu's and muslims get on. I have seen this first hand.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Birmingham is a great breeding ground for these cowardly scum...

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Fucking save the "anti Bexit" shit for the EU referendum thread. :banghead:
I am posting to let people know that there is a donation page for PC Keith Palmer and his family,
it is:- https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/keith-palmer
Maybe we can forget the political bullshit for a while and focus on something a bit more important.
By the way,he was a Football supporter,season ticket holder at Charlton Athletic

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:F*****g hell give it a rest lads :roll: Nutty you could have an argument in solitary confinement

Flash, the thread should have been moved in the first place. So why are you having a hissy fit when someone makes an inflammatory post that deserves to be shot down. DB thinks Farage is a odious human being, so what's your problem or are you oblivious to it all. So you don't like ageist comments, but it's ok to suggest that muslims don't integrate into British Society. 99.99% of muslims deplore what happened yesterday. Great moderating.
This thread should be about paying tribute to the people who have died, this is what I don't like, that's why I said "lads give it a rest" not nutty give it a rest. I couldn't care less if farage loves or hates Muslims, the police or Arsenal, I'm no fan of his or Muslim extremists. This thread (and maybe this forum) is not a place to air my views on the whole subject. The reason I commented on your skills as an arguer is that it seems to me every thread you post in decends into that, I don't see that with anyone else

Keep it dignified lads or it will be locked and any probs with my moderating please pm Mike who will look into it for you

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Fucking save the "anti Bexit" shit for the EU referendum thread. :banghead:
I am posting to let people know that there is a donation page for PC Keith Palmer and his family,
Maybe we can forget the political bullshit for a while and focus on something a bit more important.
By the way,he was a Football supporter,season ticket holder at Charlton Athletic
I am bumping this post to try and focus on the human cost of this atrocity,please don't let it descend into the tit for tat bullshit that causes incidents like yesterdays to occur.
I only started this thread yesterday as a way of possibly alerting fellow forum members who may have been in the area to what was going on. :banghead:

nut flush gooner

flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

This thread should be about paying tribute to the people who have died, this is what I don't like, that's why I said "lads give it a rest" not nutty give it a rest. I couldn't care less if farage loves or hates Muslims, the police or Arsenal, I'm no fan of his or Muslim extremists. This thread (and maybe this forum) is not a place to air my views on the whole subject. The reason I commented on your skills as an arguer is that it seems to me every thread you post in decends into that, I don't see that with anyone else

Keep it dignified lads or it will be locked and any probs with my moderating please pm Mike who will look into it for you
Yeah it should be a tribute, but ignoring people who only inflame the problem further by spouting rubbish is just wrong i.e. Farage. I am going to leave it at that out of respect for those who passed.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Fucking save the "anti Bexit" shit for the EU referendum thread. :banghead:
I am bumping this post to try and focus on the human cost of this atrocity,please don't let it descend into the tit for tat bullshit that causes incidents like yesterdays to occur.
I only started this thread yesterday as a way of possibly alerting fellow forum members who may have been in the area to what was going on. :banghead:
Bump

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

nut flush gooner wrote:

You ask other people for evidence then quote 99.99%, a number you've clearly invented.

As for multi-culturalism, there is a very good documentary on Youtube by Trevor Phillips about what was originally his passion. he provides evidence.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Redarmy wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
MrT wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Pretty disgusting act of Terrorism, they wan't to divide us, and pricks like Nigel Farage do nothing to calm any tensions between muslim/non muslim communities. Treat each person on their merits regardless of their religion is what I say.

RIP to all that died, it is about time we started arming our police in Central London now.
Your target of hate is a man who has been warning us against this sort of event for years. How about you target your anger at the leftists, government officials, PC brigade who allowed this to fester and grow. Treating each person on their merits is all fine except it doesn't work when a substantial percentage of Muslims won't integrate or value western ideals. In case you haven't noticed, London is already massively divided based on religion and ethnic groups and Farage had nothing to do with it.

Multiculturalism is a failed experiment, it does not work. Islam is incompatible with the west.
Ohh please stop with this populist bollocks. Nigel Farage smugly pointed out that us being outside of the EU would mean we are safer in terms of our exposure to extremists breaching our pourous borders. Well that comment fell flat on its face yesterday didn't it? It's amazing how the sheep seem to regurgitate his every whim

As for multiculturalism apart from quotes from the likes of Farage and perhaps Trump, where is your proof that it doesn't work? And multiculturism doesn't only involve muslims you know. There are loads of mixed race relationships in this country where many cultures overlap. My sister is a perfect example having three children that are half English half Indian. I honestly thought the crap in this forum was being saved for the EU referendum thread, I was clearly wrong.
Think you will find most Hindu Indians are directly opposed to Muslims indeed they had a war over it...still going on with Pakistan
Good point and I think you'll find it's not just Christians and Hindus who have an issue with Islam, i have Sikh friends who aren't particularly enamoured of them either, nor are many Jews or even some Buddhists in certain parts of the world.

Nutty there's a reason populist sentiments are are growing, peoples feelings are less swayed by Farage's or Trump's words but more by the incidents in Paris, Brussels, Berlin, London (three times now), New York, Madrid, Bali, San Bernadino, to name but a few in recent years. This isn't due to nationalist racism, paranoia or unfair stereotyping of a minority group within our own country but comes from a genuine fear of who'll be targeted next.

You're comparing all Muslims with the Doctor in the local hospital, or the Dentist or Lawyer or business man you know who lives down the street, unfortunately those people are not the majority of that religion they are a minority.

Go spend some time in a Muslim country such as Saudi or Indonesia and then come back and tell me these are nice people who are exactly like us, take your wife or daughter with you to some of these countries and let her walk about with her head uncovered or wearing a bikini, have pre-marital sex or be gay or any multitude of sins in these countries which are normal every day accepted (mostly) situations here in the West and see how they react to you.

I'm not saying the way they act within those countries is wrong because it is the way the laws and traditions are there and we should accept that but the fact is that under strict Islamic laws many of the day to day norms in the UK and other Western countries are wrong and they wont accept it.

Islam in most of the world is a very very strict religion and they find our way of life deeply offensive because it does not follow the tenets of their faith. It is also why in recent years more native born Muslims have carried out attacks, their fervent belief in their faith and strict adherence to their own view of the Quran does not allow for other opinions or views, sad as it is it is becoming increasingly apparent that for many Muslims world wide our way of life is offensive and therefore a small minority of those people want to force us to their views by any means necessary, what worries me is how long it will remain a small minority of Muslims as Islam continues to grow as a world religion and more Islamic countries veer to a stricter fundamentalist viewpoint.

The tragedy of this situation is that people have lost their lives once again, that should be all that matters for everyone :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:coffeespit:

Ooooooooooooooh! He's so masterful when he's angry! :lol: :wink:

nut flush gooner

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
MrT wrote:

Good point and I think you'll find it's not just Christians and Hindus who have an issue with Islam, i have Sikh friends who aren't particularly enamoured of them either, nor are many Jews or even some Buddhists in certain parts of the world.

Nutty there's a reason populist sentiments are are growing, peoples feelings are less swayed by Farage's or Trump's words but more by the incidents in Paris, Brussels, Berlin, London (three times now), New York, Madrid, Bali, San Bernadino, to name but a few in recent years. This isn't due to nationalist racism, paranoia or unfair stereotyping of a minority group within our own country but comes from a genuine fear of who'll be targeted next.

You're comparing all Muslims with the Doctor in the local hospital, or the Dentist or Lawyer or business man you know who lives down the street, unfortunately those people are not the majority of that religion they are a minority.

Go spend some time in a Muslim country such as Saudi or Indonesia and then come back and tell me these are nice people who are exactly like us, take your wife or daughter with you to some of these countries and let her walk about with her head uncovered or wearing a bikini, have pre-marital sex or be gay or any multitude of sins in these countries which are normal every day accepted (mostly) situations here in the West and see how they react to you.

I'm not saying the way they act within those countries is wrong because it is the way the laws and traditions are there and we should accept that but the fact is that under strict Islamic laws many of the day to day norms in the UK and other Western countries are wrong and they wont accept it.

Islam in most of the world is a very very strict religion and they find our way of life deeply offensive because it does not follow the tenets of their faith. It is also why in recent years more native born Muslims have carried out attacks, their fervent belief in their faith and strict adherence to their own view of the Quran does not allow for other opinions or views, sad as it is it is becoming increasingly apparent that for many Muslims world wide our way of life is offensive and therefore a small minority of those people want to force us to their views by any means necessary, what worries me is how long it will remain a small minority of Muslims as Islam continues to grow as a world religion and more Islamic countries veer to a stricter fundamentalist viewpoint.

The tragedy of this situation is that people have lost their lives once again, that should be all that matters for everyone :(
Mate you don't need to tell me this, I travelled to Mumbai the week after the terrorist attack in 2008. The whole area around the airport was like a war zone, and we where stopped by a checkpoint who wanted to know exactly who we where and what we where doing in Mumbai.

My cousin is Hindu, his best mate is Muslim. I am sorry but the reality is in a place like India at ground level Muslims get on with Hindus. The tension is between governments and if you look at history, it is arguably the British that have a large part to play in all of this.

Don't get me wrong there are Muslim states that have human rights issues, but in general most Muslims are not extremists so it's not fair to tarnish all with the same brush and by having this attitude only gives the extremists what they wan't.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Religion can be so intense at times and also misread...
Not surprising that there are a few loose cannons about slipping through the net...
More emphasis on Leaders to stop the vitriol and work our way down the chain of command...
We had a lovely holiday in Sousse about 8 years ago, cannot praise the Tunisians enough, unfortunately times have changed, radicalisation is the name of the game...

Back to the PC, over £375,000 raisedon Justgive, and the Moslem faith have raised over £17,000 to date for the victims...

NickF

Post by NickF »

RIP all those innocent people that died.

Amazing in this day and age they still have unarmed police at an obvious terrorist target.
Did they even give the poor guy body armour?

Also, makes a complete mockery of the airline laptop ban from certain countries. The terrorist who did this would have been able to board a plane with a laptop in the UK.