May calls for General Election 8th June 2017

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Gunner Rob

Re: May calls for General Election 8th June 2017

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:07 pm
Question ...............What is Hard Brexit or Soft Brexit,????????? Answer No one has a fucking clue !

Theresa May and her gang don't want Brexit ,Jeremy Corbyn hasn't a plan for it as he didn't expect to be and hasnt been elected .

U think the DUP knows ..............nope !
there isnt a hard or soft Brexit - Brexit means Brexit :wink: :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Question ...............What is Hard Brexit or Soft Brexit,????????? Answer No one has a fucking clue !

Theresa May and her gang don't want Brexit ,Jeremy Corbyn hasn't a plan for it as he didn't expect to be and hasnt been elected .

Hard Brexit = Leave the Single Market and the customs union (have hard borders), negotiate trade and make your own laws in your own country
Soft Brexit = Pretty much the opposite of the the above operating on the same model as Norway and paying in to the EU coffers as we are now. No trade tarrifs.

Very simplistic way of looking at it but they are the main differences.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:37 pm
Herd wrote:

Hard Brexit = Leave the Single Market and the customs union (have hard borders), negotiate trade and make your own laws in your own country
Soft Brexit = Pretty much the opposite of the the above operating on the same model as Norway and paying in to the EU coffers as we are now. No trade tarrifs.

Very simplistic way of looking at it but they are the main differences.
I think that's a pretty fair way of describing it.

You're right Herd, May and Co don't want Brexit, but they have at least clearly stated that they will fight for what the country decided. They took the initial stance of Hard Brexit to put themselves at an extreme end of the argument and give themselves room to negotiate whilst still hopefully getting a deal. Stating that we don't need a deal is simply a negotiating strategy.

Cuntbyn clearly stated that he would not push for a hard Brexit and would assure that he left with a deal. He showed his hand early to the other European countries and significantly weakened his negotiating position. They would now have the advantage in any discussions with a labour government had it happened. Let's just thank our lucky stars that he isn't going to be 'negotiating' any time soon with a nuclear power or Islamic State! :shock: :shock:

What I don't understand is that considering the country voted for Brexit, why didn't the country then vote for the one party that had clearly demonstrated an intention to deliver it?

My only suggestion would be that the country didn't vote for Brexit as such, they voted for controlled immigration! I don't think many of the people who were so blinded by their Xenophobia stopped to even think about the other ways a 'leave' vote would affect them.

Herd

Post by Herd »

There u go again ,you believe a politician when they say they will do something ?

Your madder than I am mate !

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:03 pm
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:12 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:08 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:56 am

my faith in democracy has actually been restored by the results of the General Election - it showed that we don't live in a dictatorship and that if people actually get out there and use their vote they can change things.

2015 General Election - Conservatives won a majority so no objections
2017 General Election - Conservatives DID NOT win a majority (big difference) and so yes there are going to be objections. All the Tories have done is increase their vote share a bit like how Arsenal increased their points total this season. Means fuck all and this is why Theresa May is a dead woman walking. She is only still there because the Tories can't work out who to put in her place.

2016 Referendum - this was just an ADVISORY vote unlike a General Election which is legally binding.
It increasingly looks as though people are coming to their senses and realising that it would be a disaster. Things is there has been talk of a move from hard to soft Brexit. I don't think you can have a soft Brexit as the EU won't allow it. If the UK no longer wants a hard Brexit then we will just have to abandon Brexit altogether. Anyway all that fun will happen in the next year :D
Don't vote.It's a totally pointless waste of time.Democracy does not exist.If you want an example just look at the EU referendum.The majority of people voted to leave,but as the vested interests wanted to stay,they firstly ignored the decision,and are now strangling it at birth using apathy and misinformation.Fuck them,don't play their game,DON'T VOTE.

TOTAL AND UTTER CRAP

If the Conservatives had got their increased majority then Mrs Mayhem would be pressing ahead with her hard Brexit and meeting EU Leaders next week. As it is the leavers have showed at the General Election that they dont really care much for Brexit and so a hard Brexit is increasingly unlikely to happen. That is called democracy.
You said yourself in an above post that,"we will just have to abandon Brexit altogether." How is that "democratic" ?
I used to be really involved in politics,but gradually realised that the Establishment status quo always prevails no matter what the "people" want.
This has proved to be the case in the utter contempt the leave vote has/is being treated.
Why campaign and/or vote for something when any decision arrived at can just be trashed by the entitled,metropolitan vested interests.
The only way for ordinary people to effect change is to avoid the ballot box,which is just a device to make them feel that they have a say,and organise and protest separately from the forces that patronise and control them.
well I would like it to be abandoned but as far as I am aware it is still going ahead.
the thing is you leavers had the opportunity last week to vote for the hardest Brexit imaginable and yet you blew it! :lol: :lol:

I think that if you wanted Brexit to happen straight away you should have kept Nigel Farage from walking away.
The problem I always had with the leavers is that you never actually had a plan in case the UK voted for Brexit, and so the reason it has all been a bit of a mess since. I can't see how anything has been undemocratic though. You just dont like the fact that the remainers are fighting back.

well as you lot said last summer - suck it up
On Democracy:- As Mark Twain said,"If voting achieved anything they wouldn't let us do it."
Don't Vote

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rumours going round that Arlene Foster turned up for the "negotiations" wearing a 12 inch strap-on, carrying a six pack of cider, and told Theresa to, and I quote, "Brace yeer wee arsehole, pet". 8)

*Disclaimer; Some or all of the above might be bollocks. :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Apparently the DUP's demands in full are
1. Shoot all Catholics
2. Shoot them again just to be sure .

Er thats it !

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

A hard Brexit means that the UK and The Republic Ireland are fucked totally.

A soft Brexit is what is there now except that Brussels will no longer be in charge of the laws, that is the only change.
Open borders will still be there allowing all EU nationals free travel and entitled to work in the UK.

Ye made rights a Bollixs of everything :D in the referendum :shock:

I might be incorrect

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

yeah you are totally correct Cork Barry

sadly most of the leavers had no idea what they were voting for in the referendum.
maybe the question should have been - do you want to be poorer or not ?

Remain would have won easily then!

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:19 am
yeah you are totally correct Cork Barry

sadly most of the leavers had no idea what they were voting for in the referendum.
maybe the question should have been - do you want to be poorer or not ?

Remain would have won easily then!
Here we fucking go again. All the people who voted for Brexit are either retarded,or extremists,or maybe both.
There was a programme on BBC 2 yesterday about Jo Cox mp,which inferred that it was the Brexit vote which led to her killing,and that the the evil :censored: who killed her was basically an example of the type of people who voted to leave.
I suppose Brexit is to blame for the terrible fire in West London too. :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

corkbarry wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:06 am

A soft Brexit is what is there now except that Brussels will no longer be in charge of the laws, that is the only change.
Open borders will still be there allowing all EU nationals free travel and entitled to work in the UK.

I might be incorrect
You can't be part of the single market without submitting to the jurisdiction of the ECJ and the legislative power of Brussels on most matters.

'Soft Brexit' is madness. Just the worst of both worlds - still paying an absolute fortune for membership and wresting back no control at all. Just having lost our hard-won benefits like the rebate and the power to veto so many of the mad pro-Europe bollocks, like how wiThout the Uk the European Army (remember Nick Clegg dismissing that as pie in the sky?) becoming a reality literally within weeks of the vote to leave.

Plenty of people despise the idea of actually leaving properly, plenty of people despise the idea of staying, but who would honestly have supported this joke of a halfway house given the choice? Next to nobody. Just a pathetic way to water down the vote, I would without a doubt rather stay than this soft Brexit bollocks.

Interested to see what Jeremy Corbyn is going to do for his next trick after 'winning' an election with 262 seats. A fairly marginal improvement on Labour's shower of shite showing last time having had the benefit of two more years of Tory austerity and the worst campaign in living memory to fight against, despite bribing the votes of the Young by promising them everything under the sun. Like Wenger, a man who has profited greatly from reducing expectations.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:45 pm
corkbarry wrote:

I might be incorrect
You can't be part of the single market without submitting to the jurisdiction of the ECJ and the legislative power of Brussels on most matters.

'Soft Brexit' is madness. Just the worst of both worlds - still paying an absolute fortune for membership and wresting back no control at all. Just having lost our hard-won benefits like the rebate and the power to veto so many of the mad pro-Europe bollocks, like how wiThout the Uk the European Army (remember Nick Clegg dismissing that as pie in the sky?) becoming a reality literally within weeks of the vote to leave.

Plenty of people despise the idea of actually leaving properly, plenty of people despise the idea of staying, but who would honestly have supported this joke of a halfway house given the choice? Next to nobody. Just a pathetic way to water down the vote, I would without a doubt rather stay than this soft Brexit bollocks.

Interested to see what Jeremy Corbyn is going to do for his next trick after 'winning' an election with 262 seats. A fairly marginal improvement on Labour's shower of shite showing last time having had the benefit of two more years of Tory austerity and the worst campaign in living memory to fight against, despite bribing the votes of the Young by promising them everything under the sun. Like Wenger, a man who has profited greatly from reducing expectations.
The worth of boast worlds. :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:05 am
northbank123 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:45 pm
corkbarry wrote:

I might be incorrect

The worth of boast worlds. :lol:
Jeremy like Arsene love a virtual 4th place trophy, oops we didn't get it this year and Marxist Jeremy was a very poor second!
He tried every con and bribe in the book, and he still failed, what you call a loser!...