The "Led Zeppelin,best English band ever,"thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Rugby Gooner

The "Led Zeppelin,best English band ever,"thread

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Yes,no band related pun intended,another "Silly Season" thread,but in my opinion Zep are the best band to come out of this,"Green and Pleasant Land," closely followed by The Kinks,and then Pink Floyd.
Just listening to "Presence" and they have just re-affirmed my view.
Got into them around the,"Houses of the Holy" stage,and bought their albums as they came out from then,but obviously aquired their back catalogue.
I even got hold of a couple of their vinyl bootlegs,ie: "Live at the LA Forum" double,(boy would I like to get hold of that again).
Also an LP ,on the Springboard record label of Jimmy Page and Sonny Boy Williamson.
Great band,with legendary tour escapades.
What more could you want? :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Re: The "Led Zeppelin,best English band ever,"thread

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

that's not how you spell new order

:box:

:)

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:14 pm
Yes,no band related pun intended,another "Silly Season" thread,but in my opinion Zep are the best band to come out of this,"Green and Pleasant Land," closely followed by The Kinks,and then Pink Floyd.
Just listening to "Presence" and they have just re-affirmed my view.
Got into them around the,"Houses of the Holy" stage,and bought their albums as they came out from then,but obviously aquired their back catalogue.
I even got hold of a couple of their vinyl bootlegs,ie: "Live at the LA Forum" double,(boy would I like to get hold of that again).
Also an LP ,on the Springboard record label of Jimmy Page and Sonny Boy Williamson.
Great band,with legendary tour escapades.
What more could you want? :barscarf:
Agree rugby the first real rock giants back then , late 60s early 70s I was taking all sorts of illegal substances
You name it we took it , mybe explains my lack of brain cells now , remember watching the movie
The song remains the same of my face it blow me away , page was an incredible guitarist , some years later was lucky
Enough to see him at the Cambridge folk festival along side Roy Harper he played some incredible blues that day
His natural style fuck never seen anything come close since . Also agree about the floyd they changed everything
With The dark side of the moon ......

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Whilst I love the Zeps I was always more of a Sabbath and Purple fan. 8) And then Maiden came along. :shock: 8) 8)

You Ingerlish/Britishers :wink: have produced so many truly great bands and solo artists it's hard to choose one. I love Sabbath, The Stones, Purple, the Zeps, Motorhead, Floyd, Judas Priest, the Kinks, Yardbirds, T-Rex, The Police, The Who, Oasis, Blur, Def Leppard, Ozzy, the Pistols, the Clash, Terry Hall, Bad Manners, The Selecter, Madness, The Special AKA, Bowie, - fuck it there's millions! :lol:

If I had to choose just one as my favourite or the greatest it would probably be Maiden by a geehair. :barscarf: 8)

Conversely, you also produced the worst band in the history of popular music; UB40. Hate the cúnts. :banghead: :censored: :x

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Sabbath for me! Wife is a big zep fan ! Their unpredictable live performances quality wise lets them down in my book!
AC/DC Bon Scott era were always my favourite band from 70s and up until Scott's death! I barely associate the shite they churned after that with what I consider the real AC/DC

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

You boys have forgotten about the legendary Away Boyz haha.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Zep were legendary - When the Levee Breaks, Rainsong, Babe I'm gonna leave you are just awesome songs, plus there's so many others....I still love Genesis, but I can recommend anyone to listen to Marillion, wonderful band....

NickF

Post by NickF »

Block93 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:01 am
Zep were legendary - When the Levee Breaks, Rainsong, Babe I'm gonna leave you are just awesome songs, plus there's so many others....I still love Genesis, but I can recommend anyone to listen to Marillion, wonderful band....
Love the Fish era, not so much since....
He did a gig in Islington a year or so ago when he played the entire "Misplaced Childhood", it was brilliant!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:41 am
Block93 wrote:
He did a gig in Islington a year or so ago when he played the entire "Misplaced Childhood", it was brilliant!
100% agreed on Fish-era Marillion. Brilliant songs, brilliant band. 8) 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:19 pm
Sabbath for me! Wife is a big zep fan ! Their unpredictable live performances quality wise lets them down in my book!
AC/DC Bon Scott era were always my favourite band from 70s and up until Scott's death! I barely associate the shite they churned after that with what I consider the real AC/DC
LOVED Bon Scott-era Accadacca but you cannot dismiss Beano! :shock: :box:

Back in Black is one of the greatest albums of all time. 8) 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:04 am
goonersid wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:19 pm
LOVED Bon Scott-era Accadacca but you cannot dismiss Beano! :shock: :box:

Back in Black is one of the greatest albums of all time. 8) 8)
:high5:

Remeber going to see Sabbath on the Vol 4 Tour, I had been in hospital for a week with a collapsed lung following a crash on my mates motorbike and was still recovering....caught a bad cold in the hospital - those places are so full of germs - could barely walk properly and was coughing up blood..But still went to the gig 3rd row mayhem...I was Buzzzzzzzinnnnggg for fuckin' weeks.... :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

8) :barscarf: :lol:

Happeeee fuckinnnn daze! 8)

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

NickF wrote:
Block93 wrote:
Fish is the reason that we have so many single mothers around called Kayleigh. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:03 pm
NickF wrote:
Block93 wrote:
Fish is the reason that we have so many single mothers around called Kayleigh. :lol:
No mate your hearing is letting you down..Yes, they ARE single but the kids are all called Kylie. :D :wink: