Ryanair

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
goonersid

Ryanair

Post by goonersid »

Would love to see them go under!
O Leary is an arrogant c u n t! nice to see him having to grovel to his pilots following his initial criticisms!
An online social media campaign to boycott Ryanair would add to his woes!

Bradywasking

Re: Ryanair

Post by Bradywasking »

O Leary was a sort of poster boy for the arrogance of the Celtic Tiger years of the Irish economy...He didn't give a fuck about staff or customers it was all about the money..I couldn't stand his indifference to worker's rights..
But and it is a big but , in 2000 I went to Aer Lingus to book flights to London for my wife and I to attend Arsenal v Deportivo La Corouna...They were looking for £500 plus ..That was 17 years ago and before the Euro...We went by boat and train..Ryanair made if feasible for ordainry workers like me to travel, as a union man I always travelled with a sense of guilt..But it is nice to see the pilots stand up to him and nicer to watch him grovel.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

What do you do , I have no time for the man but have used his service 4 times this year. It's convenience . To fly easy jet I have the M11, Dartford crossing M25 and M2 to contend with . Luton is another hours drive , Stansted is the only viable airport.
I just treat it as a trip on the underground, buy no extras , get on and get off , put up with the attitude and think of England.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin:

Perhaps this should be merged with the c.u.n.t thread!?

:D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Hate Ryan Air but couldnt want more people to lose their jobs due to a horrible boss. Having been through it its a truly awful feeling and normally the boss walks away scot free to start a new company with even worse terms for the employees

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I must be Mr Lucky or something... :rubchin: :lol:

I've travelled with Ryanair on literally hundreds of occassions - to Brussels, Copenhagen, Paris, London (obviously!), Faro, Amshterdamsh, Manchester, Berlin, Athens, Milan etc etc etc and never really encountered the ignorance, rudeness and incompetence you read about and hear about so often.

Conversely I found Aer Lingus to be populated by the most ignorant rude jumped-up trolley dollies and staff on planet Earth. :roll: :censored:

I do agree that Ryanair's owner is a prize prick. When I was working construction in Dublin airport at the height of the Celtic Tiger he bought a taxi licence so he could drive into the airport using the taxi/bus lanes. The shit he used to get from my fellow builders was top notch. Every cúnt and his cousin waving at O'Leary and asking for taxi's home etc. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Have to say that I am a big O'Leary fan - my parents often spoke about the extortionate prices of flights home to Ireland from London back in the 70's, and imo Michael O'Leary is the one person that has driven down those prices more than anyone else. People complain about fcuk all leg room, having to pay extra for baggage etc, but these stupid c.unts seem incapable of grasping the "you get what you pay for" logic - if you want extra leg room and/or no extra fee's for baggage, then go fly with aer lingus (or whoever) and then compare total prices and see how you getting on :roll:
Not for one second am I suggesting that Ryanair are without faults (that annoying trumpet shite that they play when landing really fcuks me off :evil: :evil: ), but society nowadays lives and breathes with a mob mentality, and as soon as a few people bash someone, it becomes the norm for everyone else to join in

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:17 pm
Have to say that I am a big O'Leary fan - my parents often spoke about the extortionate prices of flights home to Ireland from London back in the 70's, and imo Michael O'Leary is the one person that has driven down those prices more than anyone else. People complain about fcuk all leg room, having to pay extra for baggage etc, but these stupid c.unts seem incapable of grasping the "you get what you pay for" logic - if you want extra leg room and/or no extra fee's for baggage, then go fly with aer lingus (or whoever) and then compare total prices and see how you getting on :roll:
Not for one second am I suggesting that Ryanair are without faults (that annoying trumpet shite that they play when landing really fcuks me off :evil: :evil: ), but society nowadays lives and breathes with a mob mentality, and as soon as a few people bash someone, it becomes the norm for everyone else to join in
They're still customers though, doesn't mean they should be treated like shit just because the flight is cheap.
You would think booking two seats together means you would sit together, sadly Ryanair will charge you extra to do this. :evil:

As far as having a go at Ryanair, the fuckers deserve all they get IMO.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:14 am
O Leary was a sort of poster boy for the arrogance of the Celtic Tiger years of the Irish economy...He didn't give a fuck about staff or customers it was all about the money..I couldn't stand his indifference to worker's rights..
But and it is a big but , in 2000 I went to Aer Lingus to book flights to London for my wife and I to attend Arsenal v Deportivo La Corouna...They were looking for £500 plus ..That was 17 years ago and before the Euro...We went by boat and train..Ryanair made if feasible for ordainry workers like me to travel, as a union man I always travelled with a sense of guilt..But it is nice to see the pilots stand up to him and nicer to watch him grovel.
Used cunnylingus back in 2009 commuting to Cork, prices were quite competitive especially as the Celtic tiger turned into a pussy...... :D

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

The thousands of flights Ryanair is cancelling has very little to do with screwing up pilot holiday schedules, as the airline claims. It's the fact that at at least 140 pilots have left to join Norwegian Air and another 70 or so have left to join rival airlines.
Ryanair have kept prices down by employing recently qualified pilots and charging them for gaining flying time toward their licenses. In other words the newbee pilots have not been paid a bean. The newbee pilots effectively pay Ryanair about £30,000 a year to get their wings sorted out. After that they are free to join an airline which actually pays them a salary and offers a decent employment contract. This is why you get cheap flights. Your pilots are rookies. Cabin staff are likewise treated like shit.