It's quite lonely in this section

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
RaM

Post by RaM »

The humour that appears on this forum is spontaneous. That's what makes it enjoyable. Once you have a section devoted to it then it becomes contrived, manufactured and ultimately not funny. To post in this section there is almost an unwritten obligation to be funny etc. That puts pressure on the individual. Most of the humourous comments that appear are totally off the cuff and represent one individuals personality. If you start regulating humour then you may as well do away with it entirely.
That is exactly right.

What makes things hard though is that so far, it has been impossible to pinpoint an exact problem/solution to fix what is happening. :?

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I'll tell you what's wrong with this section.

The humour that appears on this forum is spontaneous. That's what makes it enjoyable. Once you have a section devoted to it then it becomes contrived, manufactured and ultimately not funny. To post in this section there is almost an unwritten obligation to be funny etc. That puts pressure on the individual. Most of the humourous comments that appear are totally off the cuff and represent one individuals personality. If you start regulating humour then you may as well do away with it entirely.

I won't be posting in this section and I shall use the previous area as I always have (once the trolls fuck off). If that gets me banned then so be it. If the prudes on here that cannot bear to look at a pair of tits, or are so easily offended by harmless inuendo, don't like it, then TOUGH SHIT.
If they really cannot handle then I suggest they go here instead www.anunslife.org where they'll find people of a similar ilk. I won't be dictated to and I will not follow the path of a minority.

I consider myself to have made quite a few friends on this forum and the recent communications I have received through the PM system have been really encouraging and supportive. I openly thank those that have taken the time to write. It would be a crying shame to give up on this place but I don't think I'll be the only one to do so if the prudish and/or trolls begin to dictate the way the regular forum members conduct their interaction.
I don't have a problem with rules, but I have a problem with rules either for the sake of them or to satisfy a minority.
Spot on Spuddy. 8) :lol: :wink:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I am starting to feel like a created a monster!

I never asked for specifically this though just peoples ideas on how the forum could work better with more users and so more fuckwits!

By the way can i say *word censored* in here?

:shock:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

R.I.P Eveything Else section :roll:

NBM

Post by NBM »

Was fun while it lasted, but not as fun.............

RossieGooner

Post by RossieGooner »

I'm staying . **** doesnt know i'm here ..........

gas_face_gooner

Post by gas_face_gooner »

popped in to see new section. more life in a cemetry, i thought this was a bad idea pretty sure it is!