Arseblog...its f*ckin crap

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Arseblog...its f*ckin crap

Post by augie »

Does anybody else read the blogs from Arseblog ? Like most fans I constantly visit the newsnow part of arsenal-world and check out the various rumours and articles linked there. For a while now I have been getting annoyed at some of the stuff this individual pens but this mornings offering has pushed me over the edge. His regular rant at all things Kroenke & Dein has now expanded to including the Colorado Rapids who he thinks we should rid ourselves of because they are f*cking crap. I see no suggestion that we should rid ourselves of Beveren who got themselves relegated last season if I am right so i assume they are also crap. My dear Arseblog, we "associate" ourselves with these clubs for various reasons - Beveren we obviously use to farm out our young players to get 1st team experience and in the case of our Ivory Coast players it allows us to get around the strict work permit rules. However in the cases of our affiliations with our us & asian based clubs our objectives are slightly different - we obviously hope to promote The Arsenal as a brand worldwide thus increasing our marketing value & merchandising but I also believe that we use the clubs to source the best young promising players in their regions. Seeing es the board that appear sp determined to protect (are you an employee?) do not provide the funds necessary for Arsene to compete toe to toe with other big clubs in the transfer market he is reduced to trying to unearth more miracle diamonds in the football backwaters. As I stated above I feel your unmoving defence of the current board has reached a ridiculous level and is one I do not agree with one bit. My support of David Dein has been on the record for months now and I am willing it to debate it in a forum anytime but you however use your blog as a weapon to unleash your opinions (which you are entitled to) but without fear of a backlash as comments appear to be closed. David Dein has done more work for this club in the last 20years than the rest of this board put together and while I don't expect you to agree with that I do expect you to cease the constant criticism of DD. Do you honestly think kroenke has not got a right to voice his opinions/objections to any club policies given the size of his shareholding in our club ? Again I have always said that I am unsure of my position on any possible kroenke takeover as I in the dark regarding his future plans but I am willing to reserve judgement until I am more knowledgeable on the subject. Unless you have more information on his plans than the rest of us I would politely suggest you do the same. :x

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Augie
However in the cases of our affiliations with our us & asian based clubs our objectives are slightly different - we obviously hope to promote The Arsenal as a brand worldwide thus increasing our marketing value & merchandising but I also believe that we use the clubs to source the best young promising players in their regions.
Serious question as I don't know.

Who are our Asian based clubs?

T.S

Post by T.S »

Bec Tero Sasana and Hoang Anh Gia Lai.

Bec Tero have a wicked badge!

augie

Post by augie »

TS thanks for the assistance there cos I did not know the names of the clubs we are "in partnership" with but I did know we have asain partners. 8)

T.S

Post by T.S »

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... cle=474990

They're both pretty decent in their respective leagues. Which means they're shit :wink:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Tony

Thanks!

Bec Tero Sasana is an angram of "care to be an ass?"

I think I have just proved that one :wink:

Augie

I presume that Arsene would have set up arrangements with other clubs to feed off players even if he had an endless supply of cash.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

tonysaunders wrote:Bec Tero Sasana and Hoang Anh Gia Lai.

Bec Tero have a wicked badge!
Wicked in a satanic kind of way... :twisted: :wink:

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Would be good if the Arsenal TV showed some of their games as would assume their season may be during summer giving us some arsenal related games.