THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Arsene Wenger has said the title race is "far from over", despite being in fourth, 13 points behind leaders Leicester.

His side have drawn their last two games. "Against West Ham and Crystal Palace we were not efficient enough. That is a regret," said Wenger.

"Every time it doesn't work you question yourself, it is part of the job. In the end it is always down to me and I stand up to that."

WENKER DELUDED ARROGANT WANKER FUCK OFF NOW!!!!!!
HOW, how does he stand up to it??? By giving them the day off, talking about concentrating on the "next" game, winning all our remaining games, looking over our shoulder because it is important we maintain........ and talking about "mental" this, that or the other....

I have never seen ANYBODY, in any position of management, in any walk of life of getting such an easy ride, of being so totally unaccountable. In fact he gets rewarded!!
EXACTLY what Mourinho said is ringing very true now

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The latest Bullshit!!

But when asked about his future, Wenger - speaking at his press conference ahead of the West Brom clash - said: 'I do not want to comment on that. I always respect my contract.

He added: 'It is important of course. We want to win our games, instead of focusing on the table I think it is very important to focus on the process and quality of what we do.

'At the moment that is frustrating as there is a lot of quality in our game, but we have not exactly got the wins that we wanted. We have to focus on that.

'We are not there yet. We want to finish as high as we can. It is not a consolation, it is about getting the best out of the team and focusing and giving everything in every single game. We need to show we have the mental level to compete until the end.

Mental "level" that's a new one. And we are no longer concentrating on the table.... In other words we've given up.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Yes exactly as expected this is his response to being out of title race.......

It makes everybody happy,’ he told reporters. ‘It proves it’s also not just about the money’.

What an absolute fucking wanker, he has to be forced out of the club by any means possible

Also saying the predicted lower crowd for WBA is due to it being a Thursday night....YOU just cannot win with this twat
Reminds me of when about 3 years ago, after a typical traditional end of season bottle-job, he blamed the empty stadium on "the recession". Hilariously, many of his sheep agreed with this. Even though across town in west London, the Chavs had sellout crowds, as did both Manc clubs. Apparently that "global recession" never impacted recession-proof global powerhouses like Manchester and the Fulham road!

But remember guys, this man has a degree in Economics!

:coffeespit:
Last edited by Ikechukwu1 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

His inane utterances really do bring my blood to a boil. Baffling that journalists sit through rounds of press conferences with him and allow him to get away with spouting drivel. Wtf is this ambiguity, "...it is very important to focus on the process and quality of what we do" ? And, in which world is there a lot of quality in our game?

Time these fucking hackings grew a pair and started calling out wenker on his obvious bs.

Blade

Post by Blade »

"he can do what he wants with his season ticket"

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The word accountability comes to mind, when you think of the Wenger situation. 24/7, Wenger is surrounded by yes men at Arsene FC, who will go along with every idiotic decision he makes. The one time every week he is questioned, is during his pressers, and as everyone knows, they have become embarrassing, with questions about the Brexit, doping in football, everything but the questions, fans actually want asked. On the rare occasions, he is asked a legitimate question, Wenger bullies the reporter in question, into submission. Wenger said recently that he is his own harshest critic, and self-analyses his performance as manager, I actually believe this, because at this stage, no one else seems to be doing it.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Blade wrote:"he can do what he wants with his season ticket"
Hopefully throw it right in that *word censored*'s face.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Blade wrote:"he can do what he wants with his season ticket"

Yes thats what gets me total indifference to the fans....keep up the pressure he's going....but not the easy way as per his latest statement below

"Judgement from people is something we have to live with. It's down to us to change that belief and judgement."

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

And I hope in the next years Arsenal will always play in the top three, and hopefully people will not be disenchanted."

Still spinning failure as success I see :roll:
He's having a sly dig at fans there, those who expect more - basically saying "I hope we have more similar seasons where fans are unhappy about a great thing like third place".

That's the exact mentality that means this piece of shit c*** needs to be hounded out. At the start of his presser he says he will "take responsibility"...before repeating that he'd happily have more seasons like this one! :shock: Of course if we finish 4th, the quote will be amended to read "CL qualification" :roll:

Imagine Simeone saying this kind of shit?

Wonder hat Ozil and Sanchez make of it. Oh hold on, we already know...:roll:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Has Arsewipe kindly sent out Sanchez & Özil’s CVs out to our domestic rivals yet? They’ll be advertised at knock-down prices of course and with the addition of a “must be nice to Arsene after the transfer” clause.

Don't rock the boat.

Arsene knows.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

No chance Simeone would manage Arsenal, he has already turned down Chelsea with much bigger resources.

I also remember a good article a few months back on him, he is a very "proud Argentinian" if you get my drift, the English arn't exactly his favorite people........

Shame eh, he seems exactly what we need - but his crowd pumping antics might not be so successful in the souless bowl!

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I can believe that he might take some persuading that we are ambitious enough, but I am not sure that being a "proud Argentinian" would be a deal-breaker....I assume Pochettino doesn't love the country he works in but he seems to be fitting in ok now he has learned the language.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Last edited by Ikechukwu1 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Bob Bayliss wrote:I can believe that he might take some persuading that we are ambitious enough, but I am not sure that being a "proud Argentinian" would be a deal-breaker....I assume Pochettino doesn't love the country he works in but he seems to be fitting in ok now he has learned the language.
Good point. Oh but Diego turned down Chelski with "bigger resources". Yeah cos you know...he's all about mega resources a la Pep. Just as he's currently proving at Atleti, where he somehow manages to compete with "government funded" Barca
:coffeespit: :roll:

I think what might put him off the Arsenal job would be the mindset that fans should just "enjoy the day out" and turn up expecting to have their tummy tickled. That might piss him off a bit....

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:I can believe that he might take some persuading that we are ambitious enough, but I am not sure that being a "proud Argentinian" would be a deal-breaker....I assume Pochettino doesn't love the country he works in but he seems to be fitting in ok now he has learned the language.
Good point. Oh but Diego turned down Chelski with "bigger resources". Yeah cos you know...he's all about mega resources a la Pep. Just as he's currently proving at Atleti, where he somehow manages to compete with "government funded" Barca
:coffeespit: :roll:

I think what might put him off the Arsenal job would be the mindset that fans should just "enjoy the day out" and turn up expecting to have their tummy tickled. That might piss him off a bit....
Seriously mate you should work in politics the amount of spinning and the ability to take things out of context - the leave campaign would defiantly want you onside.

I know your buzzing and all that with spurs being top but calm down.

"KALOU IS JOINING FACT!"