THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:I can believe that he might take some persuading that we are ambitious enough, but I am not sure that being a "proud Argentinian" would be a deal-breaker....I assume Pochettino doesn't love the country he works in but he seems to be fitting in ok now he has learned the language.
Good point. Oh but Diego turned down Chelski with "bigger resources". Yeah cos you know...he's all about mega resources a la Pep. Just as he's currently proving at Atleti, where he somehow manages to compete with "government funded" Barca
:coffeespit: :roll:

I think what might put him off the Arsenal job would be the mindset that fans should just "enjoy the day out" and turn up expecting to have their tummy tickled. That might piss him off a bit....
Seriously mate you should work in politics the amount of spinning and the ability to take things out of context - the leave campaign would defiantly want you onside.

I know your buzzing and all that with spurs being on top but calm down.

"KALOU IS JOINING FACT!"

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:No chance Simeone would manage Arsenal, he has already turned down Chelsea with much bigger resources.

I also remember a good article a few months back on him, he is a very "proud Argentinian" if you get my drift, the English arn't exactly his favorite people........

Shame eh, he seems exactly what we need - but his crowd pumping antics might not be so successful in the souless bowl!
You sank my battleship. :cry:

amazonas

Post by amazonas »

officepest wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:No chance Simeone would manage Arsenal, he has already turned down Chelsea with much bigger resources.

I also remember a good article a few months back on him, he is a very "proud Argentinian" if you get my drift, the English arn't exactly his favorite people........

Shame eh, he seems exactly what we need - but his crowd pumping antics might not be so successful in the souless bowl!
Well, aren't we more of an International bunch of fuckwits than an English one..? :barscarf: :banghead:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

This is from the interview, from the daily fail.

'It is important of course. We want to win our games, instead of focusing on the table I think it is very important to focus on the process and quality of what we do. 

'At the moment that is frustrating as there is a lot of quality in our game, but we have not exactly got the wins that we wanted. We have to focus on that. 

'We are not there yet. We want to finish as high as we can. It is not a consolation, it is about getting the best out of the team and focusing and giving everything in every single game. We need to show we have the mental level to compete until the end. 

Just when I thought he couldn't spill any more bullshit. The first sentence made me laugh out loud.
I need a drink.

WENGER OUT

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Top Londoner wrote:This is from the interview, from the daily fail.

'It is important of course. We want to win our games, instead of focusing on the table I think it is very important to focus on the process and quality of what we do. 

'At the moment that is frustrating as there is a lot of quality in our game, but we have not exactly got the wins that we wanted. We have to focus on that. 

'We are not there yet. We want to finish as high as we can. It is not a consolation, it is about getting the best out of the team and focusing and giving everything in every single game. We need to show we have the mental level to compete until the end. 

Just when I thought he couldn't spill any more bullshit. The first sentence made me laugh out loud.
I need a drink.

WENGER OUT
:coffeespit: Where is the quality these days? Oh god, is he still here? :banghead:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

W Ham H 0-2
Dinamo Zagreb A 2-1
Chelsea A 2-0
Olympiacos H 2-3
Sheff W A 3-0
WBA A 2-1
Southampton A 4-0
Chelsea H 0-1
Barca H 0-2
Swansea H 1-2
Watford H 1-2
Palace H 1-1

Other teams beneath us at the time of these results, were caning these victors, with exception to the Barcawhores.
Where did it all go wrong ArseneCUNT?

I give up.

ARSENE WENGER OUT NOW YOU FUCKING FRAUD.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Has anyone else looked at the league table and done the maths? ?

One highly possible scenario is this - Spurs win all 4 remaining matches (they're playing well and not wobbling like we all thought they would) ;; Leicester win 2 draw 1 lose 1. Both end up on 80 points but Spurs win on goal difference as they are +13 more than Leicester at the moment.

What will the reaction be to that????

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Has anyone else looked at the league table and done the maths? ?

One highly possible scenario is this - Spurs win all 4 remaining matches (they're playing well and not wobbling like we all thought they would) ;; Leicester win 2 draw 1 lose 1. Both end up on 80 points but Spurs win on goal difference as they are +13 more than Leicester at the moment.

The whole country will hate tottnum for being mean and nasty to Leicester.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Has anyone else looked at the league table and done the maths? ?

AKB's still think that it's mathematically possible that TO1AW will deliver the promised land.
W4NKERS

WENGER OUT, YOU FRAUD

amazonas

Post by amazonas »

casgooner wrote:

The whole country will hate tottnum for being mean and nasty to Leicester.
:coffeespit:

Sean

Post by Sean »

The Old Fraud has no shame. He'll serve us this shit season after season and dress it up as success. How dare we peasants want more than a VT every season :roll:

Will it ever get really nasty at Cashburton? Unlikely :( I can only hope it will get nasty enough to make him not accept the extension. God forbid anyone makes Mr. £23K-per-day uncomfortable, the cunnt.

It's good that the media has finally started to turn; finally reporting on his lack of management, coaching, tactics and treating the players like spoiled children, rewarding them for failure. We need a hell of a lot more though, if that bastard is to be forced out.
officepest wrote:

Gotcha!

I'll get my coat...

Midz

Post by Midz »

In all seriousness if Wenger does ever go there's no one I can think of as an obvious replacement.
Sure there's been many names bandied about by supporters who'd like so n so to be the next manager but the board we have at present are more than likely to bring in someone who is worse than Wenger.
Remember the Bruce Rioch appointment?

I think i'd like another less heard of character (like Wenger was at the time) who has a good vision and is able to sort through the chaff in our squad and with the desire to bring in the necessary players where needed.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB WENGER YOU FRAUD! :banghead: :box: :cussing:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

I'm still backing Wenger to turn things round :barscarf: Another season of this squad gelling together and we've got a title challenge in us

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Just like to point out that those Man U cnuts are really struggling against the mighty Palace, unlike we did, oh wait a minute they must have great 'meental speerit' under LVG :banghead: